1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC Hotlap Challenge?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Kevin Ascher, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

What do you guys think about a hotlap challenge until we can race each other in multiplayer?
    Standard procedure: A car/track combo is picked and everybody posts a screenshot of their quickest lap and a leaderboard is created.
    Interested?

My suggestions: X-Bow at Imola / M3 E92 at Silverstone / 458 at Vallelunga

• Like Like x 6
  2. 458 at Vallelunga the best :)

3. Posts a screenshot ?? Video better i guess unless you dont mind i always beat your time using trainer :coffee:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
    • Haha Haha x 3
  4. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Haha, I might say I have already run a very quick lap in the McLaren P1 at Vallellunga :D
    No video, though!

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. Hehe i myself will never recognize any screenshot lap time .. because i can always 0.5s faster than you for that matter by using trainer :D

6. Nowaday even online leaderboard is bullshiit because of those trainer / hacker. So to me no video no talk for any lap time challenge :D

7. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

And at the end of the day the only person you are actually racing against is yourself in an effort to better your lap time..

We are all in search of that perfect lap..:)

8. I actually like to race & compete against each other but only either beat each other in online racing or compete lap time by video format.
    Screenshot & online leaderboard is not convincing at all, at least to me.

9. This can be great occasion to see what lap time can be considered competitive. For me even screenshot of track and car times from game profile would be enough. But I guess it will probably take some weeks till faster guys master cars.
    Also is it possible to share replays? For people willing to share it would be easier than uploading video to youtube. Additionally they contain driver input.

10. Let's start with something:
    KTM X-Bow R / Imola / Default Setup / 16:00 / 28C
    1:59.116
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

With AC Lotus at Monza I`m 1,5 sec faster than with rF2 Brabham :).

[​IMG]

12. Dux

Dux
    The 1st MK Formula 1 rFactor Sim-Racing Champion Premium Member

[​IMG]

13. 1:57,360
    I pressed ctrl+c of some link after copying screenshot and forgot to save it...

14. Dux

Dux
    The 1st MK Formula 1 rFactor Sim-Racing Champion Premium Member

Nice time, i could've done it better but i made mistake on the chicane exit :/

uploading a video in the moment
    Checkout DuxVideos

15. Nice time ! Is it on default setup/tyres ?

16. Thanks,
    Default setup, automatic clutch, 16:00, 28C

BTW: Silverstone, 16:00, 28C, AutoClutch
    [​IMG]

17. I would recommend not using Silverstone, if you come into the pits it cuts several seconds off the lap.

18. Heres a video of my quickest so far with the KTM, a 1:56.760. A very rough lap and im also still learning how to use the H-shifter properly so theres a still a lot to be gained

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Dinca Andrei

Dinca Andrei
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 4
  20. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

I`m already looking forward to online "fights" :thumbsup:.

edit:
    Slight improvement from yesterday (1.29,316).

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 2