HistorX Mod Version 1.96 & DL link

As a avid GTL club racer im always on the look out for the next GTL, and after a good few days testing with fellow club drivers im very impressed with this mod,
I feel it may be a successor to GTL for a club racing, the ffb is very good with the real feel plugin, superb sounds from the cars plenty of well made liveries and a great selection of cars to choose from.

Who is driving this mod would any be interested in using this mod for club racing, with the added bonus
of other content from Rfactor to be used once in a while for fun nights, If we get enough interest i will consider running a few test nights to see how it all comes together as a package.

HistorX mod Click me
to install you will need to follow the instruction but it nice and simple,

As HistorX has a torrent file to download it from, I've uploaded it to my mega account also
here is a link to historX

Part 1
Click Me
Part 2
Click Me
Readme and instructions (please read them before and after installing
Click Me updated 23/03/2017

if you have any problems please use this thread to ask for help
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/historx-mod-version-1-96.80620/

hint and tips for the mod
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/historx-hints-and-tips.83442/

Last edited:
We are trying to set up a new club and as always these things take time, lots of testing with all the cars,
We have gone through the newness and as with all new games you drive there is that this is ace ow it the best and then you drive it more and more does it still have that feel a week later,
as we are going to close gtl down and run this mod its a big decision, not to be taken lightly.
i would hate to be sat here in 3 months thinking we had made a big mistake.
Yes we can switch back i know, but by then i could of ruined a perfectly good club,
we have had a good number of the guys form gtl testing the game and giving feedback,
and im glad to say most of the regular drivers from GTL have given there thumbs up and said they like what it does and would like to move over its a new challenge for them, allot of the older members (guys who have driven GTL for a long time) are shall we say sitting on the fence
some like allot some are not bothered wither way and some are finding it hard to move over,

This is understandable, its like a new pair of slippers you still love your old ones even thought there is no sole and there full of holes.
From what we have noted with this new game is the times in general are closer,
Yes we have had guys testing allot so you see this in how they are driving, and this would of been the case when you start any new game there is a learning curve. i was the same some guys are naturally quick, that's life as they say...
but the question should be are you have fun with the new game, does it give you a thrill when you drive with your mates. i never worry about lap times in general it about having fun with friends.

And when we have been testing in groups there seems to be a good atmosphere on t/speak and all are enjoying it.
As with any sim setting up your wheel and getting the game perimeters to your liking is important.
We have followed the instructions in the book the modders provided and for the guys testing the FFB seems very good and gives a great feel to what the car is doing, If you having FFB issues
I would advise going back to the book and check your setting. One thing to note is the wheel does feel allot heavier than say the setting we are used to in GTL, this mod uses real feel.

The setting for your wheel like all sims is very important and might need a tinker to get the feel for your own personal taste.
We have tried to help all drivers that wanted to test and have been posting for a while now
that we are testing this mod,
If you have problems with your wheel or the sim please post and we will try to help,
but first read the instruction book and see if it can be corrected by setting the sim up as they recommend with there base setting, and how to set it up.

please also look at the real feel instructions as some of the cars require you to reverse the effects, as the wheel will pull in the opposite direction and can lead to confusion.
you turn left and the wheels pulls to the left with no resistance at all, a simple press of the right Ctrl+8 on the keypad will sort this out, (You get a little voice telling you you have reversed the effects)
so far we have good report back for a logitech wheel g25/g27 there base setting for this wheel are provided in the instruction book and for me work really good
fanatec Davy Vandevenne uses this wheel and reports back he has a great feel in the wheel
and the Thrustmaster T500RS im using this wheel now and it gives a great feel as to what the car is doing.

Any questions please ask and we will try to help.:)

Just my thoughts, if I may.
I don˙t understand, why shut down club servers with specific game, where every race is well populated (10+) and replace it with the mod, made on idea of that game? I am just a regular user and I don˙t know what is behind that decision, but it seems to me very strange not to use both games and let us to decide, what we like more.

... and I am not against HistorX mod, I will race it on club servers for sure.

please also look at the real feel instructions as some of the cars require you to reverse the effects, as the wheel will pull in the opposite direction and can lead to confusion.
you turn left and the wheels pulls to the left with no resistance at all, a simple press of the right Ctrl+8 on the keypad will sort this out, (You get a little voice telling you you have reversed the effects)
I'd like to add that this is a bug, it's not intended by the creators for you to have to reverse your ffb. As far as i know it happens only on two skins (new additions in 1.96), and as an alternative to reversing ffb you might just choose a different skin ;).

Well we have many more options available to us with rfactor and the way we want to operate our servers make sense to use the rfactor over glt with all the new options available.
GTL is still a great sim but it is limited.

And like any sim it has its ups and downs, it was only last month we had 3 or 4 guys racing and we have seen a steady decline over the last 6 months, we also have to look at the fact as new sims come to fruition we will see allot of the sims die off, so with rfactor and it still has a big following we have a chance to keep running with a legacy sim, one sim to do all..

Plus the big reason is if we run more sims we split the guys up even further, please bare in mind we have been working on this now for a couple of months asking the regular gtl drivers what they would like and do they want to move over to this sim and we got the thumbs up from them.

Well, it is a bit saddening to know that GTL Club racing is coming to an end but at the same time i'm happy to see that rFactor has made a return. My opinion, rF1 shouldn't of never left in replacement for rFactor 2 simply because rF1 still has more to offer but i also understand that it is not always easy to staff and run servers for both titles.

I see that most of the GTL gang is on board with the switch so i go where you guys go :).
I also hope that with the return of rF1 there will be other mods used as well.

I was hoping that GTL could stay at RD in some form - maybe playing second fiddle to HistorX in some kind of historic racing club. Even one or two race events per month would be good. I guess the problem with this is that we're meant to be reducing the number of sims that we race not increasing it.
I'm guessing that the transition from GTL to HistorX wont be too sudden? This will give everyone a chance to get used to the new sim whilst they're being weaned off GTL.
I have to say that I do prefer the feel of the cars in HistorX which I guess means that my worries about losing GTL are based on nostalgia and a reluctance for change, but I cant help but mourn the passing of (what is in effect) an old friend.

Thanks @Yves Larose , but rFDynHud causes the same problem :thumbsdown::(:mad::cry::poop:

I've used a fresh rF lite install with a brand new profile, then tested it with no issues. I made sure that during the install & when running rF it has admin permissions.
When I installed GID, rF crashed after a lap. rFDynHud did the same, so something in my system is causing a problem, but I have no idea what.

Thank M$ for "msconfig"! Tried a clean startup on my pc this morning, and now bot GID & rFDynHud work fine. I think it may have been the software for my Razer mouse, which has a screen overlay function built in, but as it's working I'm happy :):thumbsup:

We had a similar issue last night with Denis and windows 8.1 and the GID hud not working
big thanks to Steven Walker for helping him out :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
above and beyond the call of duty..:)

I just came on to thank @Steven Walker for his help last night. I made the mistake of installing GID on a new install of HistorX before I'd fired up the game for the first time. I got an error message about a file that was missing. Steve got me to uninstall the game and spent several hours over the evening, going through the setup in order to isolate the problem. It turned out to be a file missing which he was able to copy from W7 and place (via team viewer) into the correct location on my PC.
I was a little disappointed that after all that time and effort on his part, he was unable to supply me with a setup for the Cortina (joking).
A massive thank you Steve, check is in the post. Between you and Rupe you've sorted me right out. Thanks chaps. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.