HistorX Mod Version 1.96 & DL link

As a avid GTL club racer im always on the look out for the next GTL, and after a good few days testing with fellow club drivers im very impressed with this mod,
I feel it may be a successor to GTL for a club racing, the ffb is very good with the real feel plugin, superb sounds from the cars plenty of well made liveries and a great selection of cars to choose from.

Who is driving this mod would any be interested in using this mod for club racing, with the added bonus
of other content from Rfactor to be used once in a while for fun nights, If we get enough interest i will consider running a few test nights to see how it all comes together as a package.

HistorX mod Click me
to install you will need to follow the instruction but it nice and simple,

As HistorX has a torrent file to download it from, I've uploaded it to my mega account also
here is a link to historX

Part 1
Click Me
Part 2
Click Me
Readme and instructions (please read them before and after installing
Click Me updated 23/03/2017

if you have any problems please use this thread to ask for help
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/historx-mod-version-1-96.80620/

hint and tips for the mod
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/historx-hints-and-tips.83442/

Last edited:
In the process of installing HistorX now. I hope it works...lol. If not, be prepared for a million questions.

Fingers crossed...

Edit: I got it working, had a problem at first. My driving view would go all jittery and spastic when I shifted from first to second gear..

I unmapped the clutch button (I use auto clutch with paddles on my Fanatec csr) it still went crazy when shifting.

I unmapped the look left, right and back buttons and all is good. That fixed it.

Last edited:
In the process of installing HistorX now. I hope it works...lol. If not, be prepared for a million questions.

Fingers crossed...

Edit: I got it working, had a problem at first. My driving view would go all jittery and spastic when I shifted from first to second gear..

I unmapped the clutch button (I use auto clutch with paddles on my Fanatec csr) it still went crazy when shifting.

I unmapped the look left, right and back buttons and all is good. That fixed it.
You can get rid of the grinding tranny mod or map a key to neutral to fix this:
http://historicgt.fr.yuku.com/topic/2719/Shifting-gears-and-camera-problem-issue-SOLVED#.VkDKBr9URqA

Most of us don't use the mod as it makes driving with a shifter very hard, the mod is only enabled when neutral is mapped.
Welcome to HistorX, pm incoming :).

If you unmap neutral in the controls section of the UI, it disables the grinding tranny mod. But I don't think it'll fix the problem. The foolproof way to fix your problem is to remove something from the grinding tranny .ini file. If you get this wrong however, the game will crash every time you hit escape when on track. @Stan had this problem a few days ago and @Hans Sneep helped him to get it sorted. Guys, can you clarify this for Dave please?

Edit: Check post 73 & 74 of this thread. :)

Last edited:
If you unmap neutral in the controls section of the UI, it disables the grinding tranny mod. But I don't think it'll fix the problem. The foolproof way to fix your problem is to remove something from the grinding tranny .ini file. If you get this wrong however, the game will crash every time you hit escape when on track. @Stan had this problem a few days ago and @Hans Sneep helped him to get it sorted. Guys, can you clarify this for Dave please?

Edit: Check post 73 & 74 of this thread. :)
Can he not just delete the gmt related files? I never tried because i never had that problem, i drive with neutral unmapped. I did delete the Grind_default.wav file however to get rid of that grinding noise and that didn't cause any problems.

Hi I deleted all the grinding tranny files and now it is fine but don't understand why I have that issue yet on my rfactor. The old rfactor folder with my previous windows install everything is original and it is activated maybe some windows update cause that, would like to have that but no motivation to reinstall and try again now.
But @Stig Bidstrup gave me that info

I fixed the problem by unmapping the look left look right and look back buttons. I also unmapped the neutral button. I also deleted the .wav file.

But now, my frame rate is horrible. It's undrivable.

I'm tired, it's getting late, so I'll try again tomorrow.

I am really good at screwing everything up. Thanks to you guys for your patience. It is appreceated.

Last edited:
Hello guys
A couple of weeks a go I downloaded the historx mod. So I also bought GTL (steam) so I can install the mod. Now I played GTL for 30 min already and when trying to install the mod it keeps saying I need to play it at least once.
Are there any solutions for this?
You install the Mod in rfactor ?? right ? Not in GTL ! the mod only have to read the steamkey for GTL---and it will install in rfactor !

Make sure to have GTL installed in the default Steam directory (for example C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GT Legends\), I noticed that if it's installed in another directory HistorX setup doesn't detect it.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back