Help Understand Wheel And Car Set-up.

With every ones help I got my set-up working pretty good. One thing I learnt in the past year is simulator driving may look, sound and feel like a car but it is not a car. When something is not right I get a icy road feel. For example, I had a sticky break peddle and instead of sluggish power I was sliding through all the corners. Asked for advice on Steam, (I know, not a good idea) got laughed at and told to practice more.

With some cars I have a hard time feeling where the wheel is in a drift and then I hit caster feed back and the car whips the other way. I find drifting a real car much more sensitive and responsive. I don't mean to discredit the hard work of Assetto Corsa's masterpiece, which I am on every day. Thanks guys! I just know I can get it working better.

Does any one know if we will have full Oculus Rift support with the 1.5 update? I would like to try dif lock setting. I have triple screens but don't get the same feel as VR.

I just noticed you have the V2 Fanatec, try changing.....

[FORCE_FEEDBACK]
FF_SKIP_STEPS=1 to 0 ; Physics engine steps to skip in order to accomodate wheels with lower FF input buffer

[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
ENABLE_GYRO=1 to 0
DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.0
DAMPER_GAIN=1.0 to 0.0 ; Set to 0 for Logitech g920
I also have a Fanatec V2 wheelbase...and I cannot get my wheel to feel good at all. I've had this wheelbase for about 8 months now coming from a T300, which I thought I was going o a better wheel, but I have struggled to get it to feel right since day 1. I've tried all the suggestions you've mentioned here to change in the .ini, and it still feels awful. Whenever I try to drift, the first time I turn the wheel and get even a slight drift going, 1 of 2 things happen. The car either spins out, or during the drift when the wheel should center...it does nothing, causing the car to hook up and send it spinning out the other way. I have been frustrated with this thing ever since I bought it which has kept me from playing any sim on a regular basis

I also have a Fanatec V2 wheelbase...and I cannot get my wheel to feel good at all. I've had this wheelbase for about 8 months now coming from a T300, which I thought I was going o a better wheel, but I have struggled to get it to feel right since day 1. I've tried all the suggestions you've mentioned here to change in the .ini, and it still feels awful. Whenever I try to drift, the first time I turn the wheel and get even a slight drift going, 1 of 2 things happen. The car either spins out, or during the drift when the wheel should center...it does nothing, causing the car to hook up and send it spinning out the other way. I have been frustrated with this thing ever since I bought it which has kept me from playing any sim on a regular basis

Same here, it's frustrating. In AC a lot of cars go completely limp in the turns, it feels like someone unplugged my wheel and 90% of the weight/resistance goes away. With extensive tinkering and activating the new FFB PP effects things are a lot better but I still get some odd light feelings with some cars in some turns. But it's inconsistent, one turn will be very heavy and the next turn will feel so light that I think my wheels broken.

In other sims I don't get this, but they have their own issues, mainly being way too light around center and way too heavy in the corners. AMS feels relatively numb with a big deadzone around center but very heavy in the turns, and in R3E it's so bad I can actually move my wheel back and forth from about 10 to 2 with virtually no feeling in the wheel and basically no reaction from the car. I had the same problems with my T300 and thought upgrading to the CSW V2 would take care of it, but it hasn't.

Same here, it's frustrating. In AC a lot of cars go completely limp in the turns, it feels like someone unplugged my wheel and 90% of the weight/resistance goes away. With extensive tinkering and activating the new FFB PP effects things are a lot better but I still get some odd light feelings with some cars in some turns. But it's inconsistent, one turn will be very heavy and the next turn will feel so light that I think my wheels broken.

In other sims I don't get this, but they have their own issues, mainly being way too light around center and way too heavy in the corners. AMS feels relatively numb with a big deadzone around center but very heavy in the turns, and in R3E it's so bad I can actually move my wheel back and forth from about 10 to 2 with virtually no feeling in the wheel and basically no reaction from the car. I had the same problems with my T300 and thought upgrading to the CSW V2 would take care of it, but it hasn't.

Did you get the anti clipping tool? Sorry I don't know how to make a link. It is here in racedepartment. When you get it set it to no clipping and turn FF up to desire. I have gain 95% and FOR on v2 at 150. This may be wrong but it seems to feel the best so far.

Do you have the anti clipping tool. It is here in racedepartment. I have had the same problem and is a lot better now. I noticed that if you can't feel the car the car can't feel your input.

Do you have the anti clipping tool. It is here in racedepartment. I have had the same problem and is a lot better now. I noticed that if you can't feel the car the car can't feel your input.

I just use the pedals app and according to that I'm not even close to clipping, I rarely see it go over 50%. I suspect it's some kind of issue in the PC somewhere because all sims seem to be affected (though all are affected differently) and it's happened on two different wheels. But I can't figure out what it is and nobody else has been able to figure it out either.

I just use the pedals app and according to that I'm not even close to clipping, I rarely see it go over 50%. I suspect it's some kind of issue in the PC somewhere because all sims seem to be affected (though all are affected differently) and it's happened on two different wheels. But I can't figure out what it is and nobody else has been able to figure it out either.

I think you're right. I'm still having a simular problem with the F40.

A little heads up, if anyone tells you that you can't drive and it's your fault, I'm going to really unload on them. That's the kind of help I got in the past few months.

The ffb meter rarely goes over 50% in the pedals app? Even in the medium-high speed turns?

In AC versions from 2014/15, I used to have too low ffb in corners for gt cars, lotus exos, formula tatuus. But since 1.3, and now more in 1.5, there is pretty good feel in all moments. The FF-post processing helped a lot my wheel (G27), especially the linearity app from Akis Kev. On the wheel check I did the 100 step linear force test, then used Akis app to get the LUT. This fixed the deadzone and is pretty much smooth across the whole range. Before I used to have odd torque differences between game and wheel. The wheel is with 100% overall forces in Logitech, and 100% Gain in AC. Then per car usually 100%ffb too, but for some I might lower to 90 or so.
If you want to reset all the car individual ffb%, then delete the file user_ff.ini from documents/assetto corsa/cfg.
ps. In case you do these ffb changes, don't forget to put min.force% to 0 in the controls menu.

The ffb meter rarely goes over 50% in the pedals app? Even in the medium-high speed turns?

In AC versions from 2014/15, I used to have too low ffb in corners for gt cars, lotus exos, formula tatuus. But since 1.3, and now more in 1.5, there is pretty good feel in all moments. The FF-post processing helped a lot my wheel (G27), especially the linearity app from Akis Kev. On the wheel check I did the 100 step linear force test, then used Akis app to get the LUT. This fixed the deadzone and is pretty much smooth across the whole range. Before I used to have odd torque differences between game and wheel. The wheel is with 100% overall forces in Logitech, and 100% Gain in AC. Then per car usually 100%ffb too, but for some I might lower to 90 or so.
If you want to reset all the car individual ffb%, then delete the file user_ff.ini from documents/assetto corsa/cfg.
ps. In case you do these ffb changes, don't forget to put min.force% to 0 in the controls menu.

I have a CSW V2, it can put out a lot of force without clipping (one of the selling points of the wheel) so usually the FFB meter in the pedals app is in the 20-40% range, occasionally it goes above 50-60% but not much and it never reaches 100%. When I get the light feelings in the turns the meter drops down to almost nothing, and often times this happens in turns where I'd expect it to be getting heavy. It will start to weight up in the turn and then suddenly just drops out and goes light when I get the wheel to about 90º in either direction.

Turning on the FFB-post processing (just using the gamma at 0.8) did make a big improvement and most of the cars I've driven feel pretty good now but some still have this odd lightness. But like I said, I don't think this is specifically an AC problem because all my sims feel pretty whack right now.

The anti clipping aQUOTE="Brandon Wright, post: 2219622, member: 208001"]I just use the pedals app and according to that I'm not even close to clipping, I rarely see it go over 50%. I suspect it's some kind of issue in the PC somewhere because all sims seem to be affected (though all are affected differently) and it's happened on two different wheels. But I can't figure out what it is and nobody else has been able to figure it out either.[/QUOTE]
e
I have a CSW V2, it can put out a lot of force without clipping (one of the selling points of the wheel) so usually the FFB meter in the pedals app is in the 20-40% range, occasionally it goes above 50-60% but not much and it never reaches 100%. When I get the light feelings in the turns the meter drops down to almost nothing, and often times this happens in turns where I'd expect it to be getting heavy. It will start to weight up in the turn and then suddenly just drops out and goes light when I get the wheel to about 90º in either direction.

Turning on the FFB-post processing (just using the gamma at 0.8) did make a big improvement and most of the cars I've driven feel pretty good now but some still have this odd lightness. But like I said, I don't think this is specifically an AC problem because all my sims feel pretty whack right now.
Oh thanks! Didn't think of trying that.

Seems like your wheel puts a lot of force but not the game. So you need to switch the place this force comes from. So you need to increase the feedback from the game, and reduce to a normal force your wheel. Because the game-car is supposed to set the dynamics of the force.
For logitech is more simple, because there you choose default 100% overall forces, and then 100% gain in the game. Some cars will clip in the harsher corners, but you can reduce individually per car, with +- numpad buttons, on the track.

Because if the game only puts 20% ffb, but you are still getting strong responses from the wheel, it means the wheel is amplifying those 20% to feel stronger than they should; so you're not getting all the ffb range from the car.

edit. but changing the force in the wheel, disable ff-post processing (gamma) while testing that way with new wheel force settings.

Last edited:
Seems like your wheel puts a lot of force but not the game. So you need to switch the place this force comes from. So you need to increase the feedback from the game, and reduce to a normal force your wheel. Because the game-car is supposed to set the dynamics of the force.
For logitech is more simple, because there you choose default 100% overall forces, and then 100% gain in the game. Some cars will clip in the harsher corners, but you can reduce individually per car, with +- numpad buttons, on the track.

Because if the game only puts 20% ffb, but you are still getting strong responses from the wheel, it means the wheel is amplifying those 20% to feel stronger than they should; so you're not getting all the ffb range from the car.
Thank you. That makes sense.

I just watched a slow replay of the car ignoring the front wheels steered into the skid. The back wheels where drifting and leavening a trail of black marks and smoke while the front tires, steered into the skid, which had no effect, then into a plow steer through the corner, but were not leaving any black marks.

"WTF" This is really 'F' up.

edit. but changing the force in the wheel, disable ff-post processing (gamma) while testing that way with new wheel force settings.

I'm not sure if I follow, but like I said I think this is a hardware problem and not an AC-specific problem (especially since it's happened across multiple sims and wheels). My gain in the game is 100 and then I dial each car back with the in-car FFB setting, usually to the 30-50% range. I tried the other way, having a low gain and then increasing in-car FFB as necessary but the 100 gain/low car FFB combination produces a more balanced feeling. Over the last 4-5 months I've tried just about every combination of FFB settings you can think of, some make a small improvement but nothing has fully cured it.

The CSW V2 is just a strong wheel that can deliver more torque than other wheels so it's capable of putting out stronger forces without clipping, and since I don't run it with super strong forces I don't have to worry about clipping. I do like a bit of weight to the wheel but I'd prefer an even spread of the weight instead of these peaks and valleys I currently get. The FFPP (using just the gamma setting) did seem to balance things out in most of the cars I've tried so far, but my other sims don't have this option so they still feel a bit screwy.

Got my lut and ff gama to work finally. Had to turn it on in file and my docs. I heard others say their wheel got lighter. Mine got more.... everything. I will have to reset everything I think.

The F40 is more responsive but still twitchy. Is the AC Cobra really an easier car to handle???

I will try setting in wheel FOR down and in game gain up and see if it helps.

Hope you guys are having some success!

What do you mean by that? I've read through the instructions a few times and I think it all makes sense, going to take a stab at it in a few hours when I get home.

Also, I have more traction in VR and triple screens then I do single screen.

One other thing I did different was make sure you copy and paste your new 'lut' name from 'crazy.lut' in docs and in game files. I renamed them both when trying the first time.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back