Help Understand Wheel And Car Set-up.

With every ones help I got my set-up working pretty good. One thing I learnt in the past year is simulator driving may look, sound and feel like a car but it is not a car. When something is not right I get a icy road feel. For example, I had a sticky break peddle and instead of sluggish power I was sliding through all the corners. Asked for advice on Steam, (I know, not a good idea) got laughed at and told to practice more.

With some cars I have a hard time feeling where the wheel is in a drift and then I hit caster feed back and the car whips the other way. I find drifting a real car much more sensitive and responsive. I don't mean to discredit the hard work of Assetto Corsa's masterpiece, which I am on every day. Thanks guys! I just know I can get it working better.

Does any one know if we will have full Oculus Rift support with the 1.5 update? I would like to try dif lock setting. I have triple screens but don't get the same feel as VR.

Found the aseetocorsa cfg File and got it working, holy crap, I had no idea Assetto Corsa was this good. Any questions please ask.

What did you change in the cfg file? I have an issue where some of the cars feel so light in the turns it's almost like my wheel has been unplugged and I've not been able to find a good remedy for it. Some cars also feel like they're on ice.

Almost one year of that ongoing steady stream of icy-road-feel, amazing-fake-slide cryptic posts no one understands. Whenever you wanna laugh or get in a "wtf is going on?" state, just read this guy's posts.

What did you change in the cfg file? I have an issue where some of the cars feel so light in the turns it's almost like my wheel has been unplugged and I've not been able to find a good remedy for it. Some cars also feel like they're on ice.

The ice slide yes. I have taken a lot of heat for bringing this up. I think they must be cheating and they don't like people talking about it.

Yes the fake/ice slide can be fixed. I would try in C drive/steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/system/cfg/assettocorsa and down to [THREADING] SET_THREAD_AFFINITY_MASK=0 to 1 This stops the computer (I think) from going from core to core.
Also further down
[LOW_SPEED_FF]
SPEED_KMH=3 ; Under this speed the reduction will start
MIN_VALUE=0.01 to 0.81 (or so) ; The FF multiplier for 0kmh.
[TIMER]

FORCE_TGT=0 to 1 ; 0 = Use High Resolution Timer until a drift in time happens, 1 = use 1ms resolution timer

This changed everything for me. Not sure what is soo cryptic about this but there are guys that don't want you to know about it. Hope it helps. There is a lot more on Steam in (Assetto Corsa Amazing, Fake Slide Solved) Not "Amazing Fake Slide" Guys like to miss quote me. And here in Racedepartment (Hard To Catch Slide Without Stability Control)

Almost one year of that ongoing steady stream of icy-road-feel, amazing-fake-slide cryptic posts no one understands. Whenever you wanna laugh or get in a "wtf is going on?" state, just read this guy's posts.

I just noticed you have the V2 Fanatec, try changing.....

[FORCE_FEEDBACK]
FF_SKIP_STEPS=1 to 0 ; Physics engine steps to skip in order to accomodate wheels with lower FF input buffer

[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
ENABLE_GYRO=1 to 0
DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.0
DAMPER_GAIN=1.0 to 0.0 ; Set to 0 for Logitech g920

Now I can feel when I'm coming into a corner too fast and still have time to slow down or get ready for the drift. I can control the cars way better now then I could with 100% Stability Control before. You will have to reset your wheel but with the three sliders off (road/curb/slip) you should be able to feel the motor when at idle, in some cars, and the road in the straights. The wheel now gets light when breaking too hard or at the very first of a plow steer. I never completely lose a car like I use to in the ICE slide. When I move the wheel something always happen now. Before, there were times when I had a dead wheel, no feed back or reaction just a fake/ice slide.
Hope this helps you as much as it did for me. The physics of Assetto Corsa are mind blowing when working properly.

Now I can feel when I'm coming into a corner too fast and still have time to slow down or get ready for the drift. I can control the cars way better now then I could with 100% Stability Control before. You will have to reset your wheel but with the three sliders off (road/curb/slip) you should be able to feel the motor when at idle, in some cars, and the road in the straights. The wheel now gets light when breaking too hard or at the very first of a plow steer. I never completely lose a car like I use to in the ICE slide. When I move the wheel something always happen now. Before, there were times when I had a dead wheel, no feed back or reaction just a fake/ice slide.
Hope this helps you as much as it did for me. The physics of Assetto Corsa are mind blowing when working properly.

Thanks, I'll check it out. It doesn't happen in all cars, but in quite a few of them, at the first hint of understeer the car loses all traction to the front wheels and the wheel pretty much goes limp in my hands, just like if you were driving a car without ABS on ice and locked the brakes. I thought it was a problem with my T300 so I got a CSW V2 and it behaves the same way so it must be a setting somewhere. Some cars feel great, and other sims don't behave like this, so it's very bizarre and I've spent the better part of the last year trying to figure it out.

One question: what do you mean "you'll have to reset your wheel"?

Thanks, I'll check it out. It doesn't happen in all cars, but in quite a few of them, at the first hint of understeer the car loses all traction to the front wheels and the wheel pretty much goes limp in my hands, just like if you were driving a car without ABS on ice and locked the brakes. I thought it was a problem with my T300 so I got a CSW V2 and it behaves the same way so it must be a setting somewhere. Some cars feel great, and other sims don't behave like this, so it's very bizarre and I've spent the better part of the last year trying to figure it out.

One question: what do you mean "you'll have to reset your wheel"?

When I got it working I had to look at my wheel settings because I was setting FF up to try to get the dead wheel to do something. Still playing around with it. Before this last tweak the Yellow Bird was easier to handle then the F40. Now the Yellow Bird behaves more like I have read about "owner should pass a drivers Yellow Bird test" before driving it off the lot.
Fanaleds helped with skidding breaks I think. Not sure because I was doing a few things in a short time.

I didn't read this correctly the first time. If you have more than 2 cores this should be set a "0", default is "1".
[THREADING]
USE_TIMER_PROCESS=0 ; -1=Automatic, no timer process for CPU with more than 2 cores, timer process for dual cores. 0=Always off. 1=Always on.

Yeah, I understand. Some guys just become impatient when they've been too familiar with some things for some time already. Though I agree there are a lot of posts re this in the forum, as the Sim's been out for years already, they're quite scattered, but some searching with the right terms might help you find them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back