Have Your Say: Your First Racing Game

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Have Your Say - Tell Us Your First Racing Game.jpg

Everyone remembers their first love, and racing games are no different. With such a wealth of content on offer today, can you cast your mind back and remember the very first?

No doubt about it, "sim racing" has advanced practically beyond imagination since those tentative first days of Pole Position back in the early 1980's. With highly polished graphics, detailed physics, multi car grids, online racing and all the other bells and whistles of modern gaming, a sim racer today is spoilt for choice when it comes to the wonderful pastime of driving digital racing cars.

So for our question today I ask, which game (on what platform) was your very fist foray into the world of racing?

Have fun reminiscing and enjoy the weekend!

Stuart Gillard

Sir Ropey
My first proper racing game which I got into was Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix 2 which was developed and published by Microprose back in 1996 which featured the F1 cars of the 1994 season.

I had this on my PC which back then was a Compaq Presario with a DX4 100Mhz processor, 2 or 4Mb memory a 420Mb HDD and a massive 14" CRT monitor.

I distinctly remember being seriously impressed by this game as it was the first racing game which featured cars with sponsor graphics and such on the side just taking racing games as they were back then to the next level, and boy did I spend some time playing it with just a keyboard.

An old 1990 FC/NES race game,played in 1991,but forgot the name...:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Then a long time never play any race games, till NFS 5.:geek:

i love Japaness cartoon animation in 90s, Cyber Formula is one of my favorate.:D
ahhhhhh, Good old times......:rolleyes:

Last edited:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 91 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 127 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 81 17.0%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 8.8%
  • €1501-3000