Have Your Say: Your Favourite Current F1 Driver

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Have Your Say - Tell Us Your Favourite Current Grand Prix Driver.jpg

Have Your Say returns for another weekend, this time in the search for the most favoured Formula One driver according to our RaceDepartment community!

Motorsport is all about the personalities behind the helmets, with many drivers having a cult following around the world as fans get behind their man in his quest to beat his rivals out on track, but who do you prefer the most from the current crop of talent on the grid?

Gone are the big personalities of yesteryear and sadly Formula One is all the worse for it. With an ever increasing move towards corporate "Ron speak" throughout the field, in today's day and age you will no longer see the pole winning driver step out of his car for a cigar and beer, neither will you see the outspoken rantings of race winning drivers lambasting their rivals on track, or all night parties stretching even the very best drivers ability to remain focused on the job in hand.

However despite the modern day constraints imposed on the current crop of racing talent, we do still have a number of personalities amongst the current field of F1 racers. From the monosyllabic comments of the Iceman himself Kimi Räikkönen to the rap star persona of three time champion Lewis Hamilton, fans still have plenty to get behind once the race has come to its conclusion on Sunday afternoon.

So for today I would like to ask:

Who is your favourite current F1 driver, and why?

It could be for the speed, the bravery, the racing intelligence or just for the personality alone, we really don't mind!

Let us know who you support the most come lights out on Sunday, and most importantly - why!

Happy chatting folks, motorsport is awesome!

Tume

The unlucky Finn
Sebastian Vettel hands down. He ain't a four times World Champion for no reason, and he might be going for a fifth title. He can get everything out of that Ferrari, reaching wins and completely overshadowing Kimi who hasn't won even once. He's also a good qualifier.

hae, raikkonen over vettel`? :rolleyes:

some very interesting stats, especially about the racing-genre in games. though i hated Codemasters F1 2016 for it's weak FFB und buggy end-product, but that's what i expect from a racing-game (just 'polished')...a career-mode with championship-style ;) (okay, to be fair, it was a survey about f1 series, so probably no surpise here :D)

------
Most of you are playing in single player mode on games consoles
• The Codemasters F1 Series is the most played and your favourite titles
--

Hands down Nico Hulkenberg. He may not be the most legendary unforgettable racing driver doing the impossible like Louis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso and Max Verstappen etc.

But he is a true work horse, and a kind hearted one! My opinion may be a little influenced by Dutch tv. He regularly gets a lot of airtime in Ziggo F1 (Dutch tv program). Does it very well in a "not so good" car.

As for pure talent... There are a few very gifted and talented drivers out there. But they al got their strengths and weaknesses. Aside from some Dutch pride which favors towards Max verstappen for me, it's not that I really like or dislike drivers. Behaviour wise it's a whole different story... ;)

Stoffel Vandoorne
No just kidding :D
I don't have a favourite, but today? Kimi, so good to see him back on top and the quali was awesome.

I voted Vettel, but happy to see Fernando and Kimi up there.
Didn't like the two in their world champion years; being able to approach things a little more relaxed these days shows what cool and sympathetic guys those two are.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.7%
  • €3001-5000