Have Your Say: Your Favourite Current F1 Driver

Kimi, his quotes are legendary and his driving is getting up there once again. Also his personality seems quitte honest to me.

He has the take it or leave it attitude, he's not their for the prestige notoriety or fame or to make friends, he just wants to win and even when he does he criticises his performance if it's less than perfect, you can hear the dissapoinment in his voice when he mumbles.

I've been a fan of Alonso right the first time I saw him run qualification on Monaco. He was clearing the chicane a lot more aggressively than other drivers back in 2003.

My favourite is Sergio Perez not just because we're from the same country but because I think he's a really strong solid driver and can make great use of opportunities when they open to take unexpected podiums or good results.

Talent wise I think Vettel might be a tiny bit above Hamilton on a normal day but when either of them are inspired they're very difficult to beat, also the fact they have 4 and 3 world championships is no coincidence I think, after them I'd put Kimi because even if lately he hasn't been as fast as his teammates, all throughout his career he's been a very fast solid driver.

I think Alonso is overrated, and the high votes he receives are because he's inmensely popular but against VET or HAM I don't think he'd win the championship if he was in that fight. I also think Hulkenberg is overrated same as Daniel Ricciardo of whom I really dislike the way he complains about his team when things don't go his way, something you'd expect more from his much younger teammate Verstappen, though it's not the case.

And speaking of the younger guys like Verstappen I think the future is looking good, I think Vandoorne is brilliant even if he hasn't had many chances to show it in the poor performing Mclaren, and Ocon is a really good driver bringing home good points in his first season showing much quality, and I think Verstappen could reach the same level as VET or HAM in the future and fight for titles if he's given the car, we've seen what he can do when he's on a good day (Interlagos & Catalunya 16) if he makes those days come more often as he progresses he could become a superstar, and I think Carlos Sainz is another great young driver but I believe he's sometimes underrated because of Verstappen.

And Lance Stroll, oh my god :roflmao: Williams have a thing for hiring drivers who destroy their cars often.

But I think all F1 drivers must be good drivers else they wouldn't be there.

Palmer. Being able to get into F1, and staying there, despite clearly being in the deep end of the pool and not really backed much by money, is quite an achievement. Stroll is a close second, but loses out due to infinite backing.

Hey Paul, you left out Button! :p (What's that you say? Well he's driving an F1 car in Monaco today, so I guess he's a current F1 driver in my book! :thumbsup:)
Buuuuuut OK if we're sticking to the people who have driven at other circuits this year: tricky. I love Kimi, but also Ricciardo (fair enough yeah he has been a bit out of sorts this year and even verging on whiney once or twice). Hulk is a lovely guy too - very fond of him - and I'm also getting to like Bottas.
Ham/Vet/Fernando - meh, they have all annoyed me a lot in the past... Fernando is winning me back a little, and even Seb is less irritating than he was a few years back (I hated him for multi-21 and other crap behaviour), though Ham continues to act like a spoiled brat at almost every opportunity. Max... tbh mostly he just annoys me (amazing behind the wheel for sure, but this poll is for "favourite" ;)) but will let him grow up a bit and see how he turns out.
I reckon I'm gonna hit the Kimi button - partly cos it made me soooo happy that he got pole yesterday.

I don't know why people keep saying Kimi is their favorite driver, it beats me... I mean... it's far from that I don't like the guy but favorite?
When he takes pole, he look like he's on hard depression, when he won (if you can remember that look) he look exactly the same, when he crash he looks... I mean... really... :cautious:
Guys like Riccardo, with their faces on which you can actually see how they feel and they are actually happy when they won something... those are my guys.
I have voted for Hulk. If it was MotoGP I would vote for Pedrosa. Then Crutchlow, Vinales... So not for Rossi.
In today's F1 I can't click on Kimi's name. Or that self-absorbing chap named Lewis. For other reasons, obviously. Neither Max.
What, Kimi says what he means so that's why he's popular?
All drivers these days say "leave me alone" (Vettel should be a champ after that last year Mexico ...honest expressions) type of things via their radio, really... maybe someone can enlighten me... :O_o:
I always say what I mean on RD so does it makes me popular around here? :geek:
Didn't think so... :unsure:
:laugh:

Last edited:
Massa's a good dadbro figure, Vettel's a good kid who happens to be extremely good, and Raikkonen's about as unique as one could get in the sport right now. I'd pick those 3 over anyone else in the current field any time of the year, and once even just the older two leave, the sport will lose a lot of its value in my eyes.

When he takes pole, he look like he's on hard depression
So? He knows what he wants. I like that. You don't have to be super emotive, whether falsely like many of the PR machines in the sport, or even genuinely - I think there's great value in the latter, but I can very easily appreciate his approach as well.

Guys like Riccardo, with their faces on which you can actually see how they feel and they are actually happy when they won something... those are my guys.
Yeah, whereas I find him off-putting. He's too "normal" for the kind of sport I saw F1 as being when I was a kid, and he's far too extroverted, flippant and with tastes that simply do not match my own. Massa is a much more reserved, fatherly and mature version of him and it clearly shows, since I find Felipe a lot more likable, though I'm also not surprised that the two are very close friends.

Simply put, welcome to a world where people can have vastly different opinions from your own.

I think the difference between your kind of honesty and Kimi's kind of honesty is that he's completely okay with what other people think and is generally a lot more detached when it comes to such things, not bothering to question them too much. His way of not giving a you-know-what is completely different from your own, and to me, his is a much more mature, amusing and interesting (see his interactions with Vettel over the years) way as well, so I've personally never really seen much of a reason to question his popularity. That's far more than I can say about Alonso...

Vettel is the best driver for obvious reasons...
BLv5qKpCAAE3vD1.jpg:large

I vote Max Verstappen because he is one of the best drivers in the field, brings fresh air into F1 and because I'm Dutch ofcourse ;)

That's a tough one...but would say vettel because he bounced back after a horrible 2016 season. (kimi has a special place since he was with McLaren Mercedes even though he blew so many engines back then and his classic radio messages are :roflmao:)

Vettel is the best driver for obvious reasons...
BLv5qKpCAAE3vD1.jpg:large

Yes, like 2017 contract which gives him status as first driver in the team, car which is built to him, race strategy from the reds which always puts second driver behind him in the race etc, etc.....

All rocky crashes from 2016 when he didn't good in qualifying and was forced to start down in the grind and of course if we roll back the time when he raced to RedBull and got massage engine mapping 21 which meant that he is not allowed to overtake second driver and didn't care about that etc, etc.........and of course when he celebrates victory with index finger in the air marking that he is the number, funny that non of hes humble teammates have not visited garage to Sebastian and broke her index finger.

Ohh yes, Vettel ranks also high in my ranking list, for obvious reasons :rolleyes::whistling:

The only one I have any interest in seeing win or drive is Kimi, the other, even though they drive well have no personality or charism and I do not care if the win or race.
The other one I liked last year was Nikko and I do not blame him for leaving the circus as soon as he had reached his objective.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back