Have Your Say - Wreckfest Survey

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Next Car Game Wreckfest .jpg

Bugbear Entertainment have released a short survey for folks with an interest in the Next Car Game: Wreckfest title. The very short survey gives gamers an opportunity to share their opinions on what direction the title should take and how Bugbear should prioritise their resources going forward.

Now with the Bugbear survey live, you dear gamer have an opportunity to join in with your very own opinions on how the studio should develop the title. Head over to the Wreckfest Survey HERE.

Next Car Game Wreckfest 2.jpg

Next Car Game Wreckfest 3.jpg

Next Car Game Wreckfest 4.jpg

Next Car Game Wreckfest is available for Windows PC right now. A proposed console release is due sometime during 2017.

For more news and discussions regarding the Wreckfest title, head on over to the RaceDepartment Next Car Game Wreckfest sub forum and get involved in the discussion!

A very controlled survey that doesn't really provide any opportunities to give real feedback and opinions.

It had its time, I loved it and it was fun.

Why don't I play it any more? Because I was playing it 2 years ago and I moved on. As have many others, so there's no online community.

Too much procrastination. They missed a real opportunity.. The game is over and done with before it's even officially released.

Akis

Over 9000
I enjoy this game but it lacks a proper single player mode that will make me want to play more.
I own it from August 2nd 2016 and I've only played it 10 hours.

Career mode is much needed +some destruction / sports mini games like the ones found in the Flatout series. On top of that I'd like to have more tuning / cosmetic upgrades available that will make career mode more interesting. You always need something to spend your virtual currency on :)

James Cook

Marcas fan
Why bother? The game is dead-on-arrival.

That's not to imply I don't like the game - I do, and have had plenty of fun out of it - but Wreckfest can be filed-away under 'missed potential'.

Wreckfest's time has been and gone, killed by misplaced priorities and glacial development pace.

Bugbear messed up big time.

A very controlled survey that doesn't really provide any opportunities to give real feedback and opinions.

Why don't I play it any more? Because I was playing it 2 years ago and I moved on. As have many others, so there's no online community.

Too much procrastination. They missed a real opportunity.. The game is over and done with before it's even officially released.

Let me quote the great poet ;) of our time: sad but true...

I enjoy thrashing around in it with my laptop & Xbox controller, for a simple destruction derby type game it's perfect for that and wastes some time whilst having a bit of fun in the process. There's certainly room for improvement in quite a few areas, but the same can be said for any other racing title on the market whether they be arcade or simulator style.

The one thing for me though is Wreckfest would be INSANE with VR support, then I'd race it in my proper rig and go Nuts :D

Yes, it would be great to have a simple text box on the bottom, I totally agree. The main reason for this survey I think was just to see if anything unter the hood is right and if they should focus on contend development (what they should have did some time ago). I also think bugbear missed a great opportuniy, even the steam workshop is not that "contend-rich".

They never got out of the starting block. IMHO obviously lousy project management, no strict line in it, no pulling, no clear course plotted, but changes, drastic changes at times, added in the middle, leading to delays, and endless more delays.

And meanwhile having announced another game of theirs - with this one still not knowing what it wants to be and where it wants to end. How many years have it been now?

As I see it, this poll is more about trying to re-catch people's attention that meanwhile probably has faded too much. Which is completely Bugbear's own fault. What we see is the result of a hopelessly premature release. And people's interest in these years has simply moved elsewhere. Unlikely it will come back, I think.

As far as I'm, concerned, I will avoid this company's future projects. Wreckfest imo is a prime example for how you should NOT do things. And an example of how early Access as a financing model always bears the risk of blowing up before you even get close to the finishing line.

The complete anti-thesis to their way of (ab)using Early Access was Assetto Corsa, where Early Access worked as intended and was handled in the way it should be handled: clear timetables that got met, clear items on their list that they scratched off one by one, clear course plotting, clear list of content items and features announced, an early access phase of limited and overseeable duration. Compared to that, Wreckfest's way of progressing looks chaotic, and undisciplined.

Its too wishi washi.

The complete anti-thesis to their way of (ab)using Early Access was Assetto Corsa, where Early Access worked as intended and was handled in the way it should be handled: clear timetables that got met, clear items on their list that they scratched off one by one, clear course plotting, clear list of content items and features announced, an early access phase of limited and overseeable duration.

It's not because they removed the Early Access tag that AC is done. Holy crap, the delusion...

Agree with all above, I still play it bit mostly with mods the only thing that keep it alive. But now the lead Dev has said the finished game could turn out different from were it started, hard to know were it will end not sure if we'll get a racer or a wrecker ?
The survey is long overdue the Devs should have shown more interaction with the community.

Get the game past being a demo some day, that could be something. Performance isn't great, I can't run this on triple screen with pretty much any bearable settings, so I gravitate to other games. I regret buying this, another example of disappointing Early Access. If there wasn't exceptions like Assetto Corsa and DiRT Rally, I would say **** everything Early Access. More like "Early Access to your wallet". Steam is full of this BS, luckily people are starting to wake up and realize many of them never get finished

Last edited:
In pre-access state, the few tracks are unfinished, took me forever to find "C" for change view to get cockpit view, no rearview mirrors, it CTD twice & spontaneously rebooted my computer once in 6 hrs of play, and there's no triple-screen/VR support. On the positive side, it supported my mixture of controllers without a hitch.

Since I only recently picked it up for half-price during the Steam sale, I don't have the history of bad feelings that many seem to have.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 81 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 28.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.5%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.9%
  • €3001-5000