Have Your Say - Wreckfest Survey

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Next Car Game Wreckfest .jpg

Bugbear Entertainment have released a short survey for folks with an interest in the Next Car Game: Wreckfest title. The very short survey gives gamers an opportunity to share their opinions on what direction the title should take and how Bugbear should prioritise their resources going forward.

Now with the Bugbear survey live, you dear gamer have an opportunity to join in with your very own opinions on how the studio should develop the title. Head over to the Wreckfest Survey HERE.

Next Car Game Wreckfest 2.jpg

Next Car Game Wreckfest 3.jpg

Next Car Game Wreckfest 4.jpg

Next Car Game Wreckfest is available for Windows PC right now. A proposed console release is due sometime during 2017.

For more news and discussions regarding the Wreckfest title, head on over to the RaceDepartment Next Car Game Wreckfest sub forum and get involved in the discussion!

Haven't played it for a bit, but it was pretty damned good last time I did fire it up.

I think bugbear kind of screwed the pooch - the game has been done for a while, but I never played it regularly because of a lack of a career (which I don't really think would be that big of a dev effort to just finish off). Now, like others I suspect, I'm kind of bored with the game and I'm not really hanging on the edge of my seat waiting for career mode (like I would have been 6mo-1yr ago).

To extend my comment above, it seems as though Bugbear has fallen into the same trap as other developers in the sim/simcade market space. For whatever reason, they seem more interested in setting a development strategy to produce an incomplete game that is "perfect" in a couple categories.

Would it be so wrong to produce a game that is adequate/good across the board (i.e. not "perfect" or best-in-class in any one category) but is actually COMPLETE?!? GTR2 comes to mind - it seems to me as though that's the last sim we've seen that has taken this philosophy.

FernandoAFM

The CP Driver
To extend my comment above, it seems as though Bugbear has fallen into the same trap as other developers in the sim/simcade market space. For whatever reason, they seem more interested in setting a development strategy to produce an incomplete game that is "perfect" in a couple categories.

Would it be so wrong to produce a game that is adequate/good across the board (i.e. not "perfect" or best-in-class in any one category) but is actually COMPLETE?!? GTR2 comes to mind - it seems to me as though that's the last sim we've seen that has taken this philosophy.

Oh, I miss GTR2, GT Legends, Race 07. Those were truly complete experiences - a season from beginning to end, all cars, all tracks, all weather types, except for GTL. Today we seem content in getting 1-2 cars from each series and race them at tracks that they never raced at...

The physics update broke their spine. That and of course the extremely poor communication...

Instead of trying to build everything at once they should focus on finishing something an then moving to the next area. Now we have everything but nothing feels really good.

Bought it within a week of it being available on Early Access and have racked up a whopping 12 hours of gameplay since then, and most of that has been spent trying to get it to run smooth. Really thought I would enjoy this title, but for some reason I just don't.
Taking 9+ months between updates with next to no dev communication certainly didn't help their cause either.

Paul Watkins

The Mighty Forth Team
Allowing Mods has gained my interest as there is a Modder that has made a Mod for UK style Banger Racing called Online Bangers. It still has a way to go but improving all the time. Having raced Bangers in the real world, I can say that this is the closest game/sim to real Banger Racing. Not everyone's cup of tea but I certainly am enjoying Online Bangers (Wreckfest).

Below is the replica skin I did of my Son, Woka's old World Final Banger.
WokaWorldFinalCarPS2.jpg

Rivvern

www.MasterArms.se
I like realism. Voted for that.

I currently not playing the game because
1. Its not realistic enough for wheel racing at my desk.
2. With the current GUI you cannot have nice time couch gaming over steam link.

I am waiting for the full release before purchasing, so seeing a survey like this is a little concerning. Do they really lack such direction that they don't already have a development schedule with an agreed set of goals and targets for the final game? Seems madly unprofessional to me when coupled to the long time they seem to be taking to finish the game.

Akis

Over 9000
I am waiting for the full release before purchasing, so seeing a survey like this is a little concerning. Do they really lack such direction that they don't already have a development schedule with an agreed set of goals and targets for the final game? Seems madly unprofessional to me when coupled to the long time they seem to be taking to finish the game.
Although your point is valid, pointing fingers at this point will not fix the problem (3 points in one sentence :p). I'm hoping they will just continue their development based on this poll, and finally deliver a nice product. It's never too late for a game that has such good foundations.

Allowing Mods has gained my interest as there is a Modder that has made a Mod for UK style Banger Racing called Online Bangers. It still has a way to go but improving all the time. Having raced Bangers in the real world, I can say that this is the closest game/sim to real Banger Racing. Not everyone's cup of tea but I certainly am enjoying Online Bangers (Wreckfest).

Below is the replica skin I did of my Son, Woka's old World Final Banger. View attachment 162664
The UK banger mod is a must have

I think the survey is their only hope getting back on track , poor communication an so many wip factors has disappointed the community.

Reactions: Nox

James Cook

Marcas fan
The physics update broke their spine. That and of course the extremely poor communication...

Instead of trying to build everything at once they should focus on finishing something an then moving to the next area. Now we have everything but nothing feels really good.
The game really didn't need the physics update as far as I'm concerned. The old physics were just fine and served their purpose for what is a less serious destruction derby type game. Instead, the time and energy should have been invested in developing more tracks, more cars, more customisation and some kind of engaging single player mode.

They got their priorities all wrong.

They got their priorities all wrong.

That's from our point of view. From their point of view, there could have been business pressures which rearranged priorities or they met their own target with "proof of concept" or they could be completely incompetent... from outside we don't know the internal priorities at all.

The number one priority should be customer benefit.

LOL, of course that's what the customers will say. The business owners might say that publicly, but, at least internally, will say the number one priority is profit!

As an example, think of your favorite bank... what they say is what you want to hear, but they're really just grabbing into your pocket with fees and say these things to make you feel good about having your pocket picked.

For me, the best career mode I've ever played was on Ratbag's Dirt Track Racing. You bought a clunker in the lowest of three classes, but you had 3-4 series to choose from and you had a calendar for each so you had to pick the series that would be your main focus, but could "guest" in the other series for extra money. Then you could buy a car in the next class up and get more series. You would essentially get to the point that in a calendar year you would be racing every weekend, and in as many as five or so different series. This game would be perfect for that setup. There are a lot of similarities between that game and this game. Where are those old Ratbag fans!?

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 90 19.2%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 47 10.0%
  • €3001-5000