Have Your Say: Who Do You Think Will Win the 2018 Formula One Drivers Title?

Yes, I'm tired of mercedes dominance, but hamilton is one of the best drivers in the grid currently, if mercedes is 0,5 sec faster than any other car as it looks it's another 2016. If so I don't see how he's losing it, otherwise I'd see verstappen well for a title!

i do not know who will win the championship, but i know one thing, this new logo is awful, the worst ever made.
The Juve has replace his centenary beautiful logo by the same awful thing.
what a brillant idea.....

Back to the topic:
Vettel,Vettel, Vettel.

Yes, I'm tired of mercedes dominance, but hamilton is one of the best drivers in the grid currently, if mercedes is 0,5 sec faster than any other car as it looks it's another 2016. If so I don't see how he's losing it, otherwise I'd see verstappen well for a title!

Easy to say someone is fastest when they are in the best car though. Lewis is faster than Bottas but then i'd say half the grid are.
Any of the top ten drivers in F1 could be winning in that Merc.
Somehow Merc have avoided the backlash from dominance, in part it's the Lewis fanboys who like to think the Merc is only good because of Lewis...lol... and in part it is Totto Wolfe and his amazing personality and wit which is always lacking in F1. Totto is a legend.
But anyway this Merc dominance is a joke frankly and it was even worse when Nico was there at least Ferrari are a bit closer along with Red Bull.

I hope that it is a bit more a level playing field this year, i really do... but i doubt it, nothing suggests that Merc have had any step back at all, the rest were so far off them anyway.
Lets hope though....

i do not know who will win the championship, but i know one thing, this new logo is awful, the worst ever made.
The Juve has replace his centenary beautiful logo by the same awful thing.
what a brillant idea.....

Back to the topic:
Vettel,Vettel, Vettel.

You clearly haven't seen the new WTCR logo yet then.....
I am a Graphic Designer and belive me there are worse logo's than the F1 one. It is new that is half the problem with it, once you start seeing it everywhere it'll start to make more sense, the old one really isn't that amazing other than it is iconic because its been used for so long and seen so many times.
The Marlboro logo is iconic because of how much its been seen.
F1 did need a new logo though IMO as a designer..

Easy to say someone is fastest when they are in the best car though. Lewis is faster than Bottas but then i'd say half the grid are.
Any of the top ten drivers in F1 could be winning in that Merc.
Somehow Merc have avoided the backlash from dominance, in part it's the Lewis fanboys who like to think the Merc is only good because of Lewis...lol... and in part it is Totto Wolfe and his amazing personality and wit which is always lacking in F1. Totto is a legend.
But anyway this Merc dominance is a joke frankly and it was even worse when Nico was there at least Ferrari are a bit closer along with Red Bull.

I hope that it is a bit more a level playing field this year, i really do... but i doubt it, nothing suggests that Merc have had any step back at all, the rest were so far off them anyway.
Lets hope though....

I don't particularly like Hamilton but you are doing him a big disservice here.
The reason he is in and has been in fastest cars is because he himself has the talent to utilise the car.
There have been many times in years past where a not so talented pilot has been in the fastest car and not used this advantage and got beat by a slower car/faster driver combo - Damon Hill v Schumacher is probably the best example.

In fact people said the same about Vettel, Schumacher, Senna, Prost etc. "It's the car, it's the car".
Mainly yes. But talent plays a part too.

The reason he is in and has been in fastest cars is because he himself has the talent to utilise the car.
There have been many times in years past where a not so talented pilot has been in the fastest car and not used this advantage and got beat by a slower car/faster driver combo - Damon Hill v Schumacher is probably the best example.

In fact people said the same about Vettel, Schumacher, Senna, Prost etc. "It's the car, it's the car".

Of course it does, but Lewis had talent when he wasn't winning all the time and when Vettel was WDC 4 times...... Alonso has talent but hasn't been close to even a podium in the McLaren Honda.... Lewis is a wonderful driver but one i'd like to see challenged a bit more by not just Nico and Bottas.
Lewis was more exciting before he got the best car...same as Alonso was great to watch wrestling that Honda into places it should not of been....
I don't want talented drivers to drive at 90-95% and 'cruising' to wins...

For me its not a drivers championship, its a team championship, if the punters want action they should stick every driver in the GP2 cars....

Also Indy cars nailed the new regs, the race yesterday was like watching retro F1 oin a good way...STUNNING, i watched 110 laps and every lap was awesome pretty much and i've not been a fan of indy since Mansell left...

I have read comments from several people which echo your thoughts about the Indy race. I tried to watch it as well, but Holy Sweet $%&^ Mother of [insert deity of choice] !!! . The amount of advertising in the commentary and overlays makes it unwatchable for me. How can anyone put up with that much? :cry:

Seriously, how can you tell when they cut to a commercial? There's less advertising in the commercial?

The tickertape display on the top AND the bottom makes me feel like I'm stuck in a stock exchange trying to glimpse the race on a tv someone wedged in between the stock readouts.

I was a huge fan of CART in the 90s. Every 3 or 4 years I try watching an Indy race again to see if it might float my boat once more... and every year it gets worse and worse with respect to advertising, UI, and the announcers. But now, I find it comically bad in these respects, and completely unwatchable. :(

But if they now have better regulations that promote racing, I think it's great, even if only to put pressure on F1 to shape up in this area as well. Just as long as Liberty don't start emulating the commercial crappiness of Indy's presentation.

/rant off (apologies)

I was a huge fan of CART in the 90s. Every 3 or 4 years I try watching an Indy race again to see if it might float my boat once more... and every year it gets worse and worse with respect to advertising, UI, and the announcers. But now, I find it comically bad in these respects, and completely unwatchable

Arguably better than F1 then and now.
While 90% of the 'Road Racing' was outstanding, most of the 'Ovals' were equally riveting.
Nazareth always had my complete attention along with Phoenix and Michigan.
I simply refuse to waste time trying to watch any US sourced coverage, we signed on with Foxtel partly to escape the advertising, that didn't last very long.
:O_o:

I never said hamilton wins cause he's the best driver btw, I said he's as good as alonso, verstappen and probably slightly better than ricciardo\vettel, but they could also be up there, I said he will win if mercedes is 0,5 sec faster than any other car as it looks, so could any of those I stated with a team mate like bottas.

Bottas which btw isn't as bad as you make it look, just not good enough to challenge hamilton when you consider the whole year, he had very good and very bad races, he's better than raikkonen and at least at the level of sainz, hulkenberg, perez, ocon; raikkonen was very bad last year and probably worse than half the grid.

All I know is that in something as trival as sim racing you'll get people moaning about BoP and glitch set ups for advantages or better cars etc etc, yet mention about an unfair playing field in F1 and people get their knickers in a twist like it does not exists...it only exists in sim racing....
I'd wager if Vettel had lucked into that Merc seat 5 years ago and he'd most likley be on WDC 6 or 7 at least by now, people would be going nuts trying to change the rules just like when Red Bull had an advantage...
Merc seem to get away with it and still come out smelling of roses. Why no backlash to their dominance?

The Hulk in the 2nd Merc would be interesting, few race wins for sure as he is stronger than Bottas.
not only him,many drivers are faster and tougher than Bottas
give Esteban Ocon a Merc F1, and the Bristish Rockstar will face some real opposition to begin with
Give max Verstappen a W09 Mercedes F1, and it will be war in Merc team.
Verstappen do not accept team orders, do not let him ANY space to overtake, because he will take his chance regardless you are others team driver or his own teammate.
it makes no difference to him, in everycase, you are the enemy, simple logic.
Vettel is made of the same wood, look at his fights with Webber, how he overtaked the two force india in Montreal, etc...
Alonso the same
those guys never let you breath in anyway, you will not have rest as long as you compete against them.
they are used to be under pressure

The fact is Hamilton under pressure is not that good,a men like Max with an equal car is way more dangerous.

Last edited:
Easy to say someone is fastest when they are in the best car though.
He performed pretty much flawlessly last year. He does seem to fully maximize the potential of the car, which isn't as easy as it sounds.

It seams a bit closer this year, I wouldn't draw any conclusions from testing, but it does seem like everything is pointing towards Lewis winning another championship. I expect the Merc is probably pretty bullet proof at this stage too so reliability should be good.

I would like for Ferrari and Red Bull to be in the mix too, I think the problem for them is if they are on a par with each other they could end up battling between themselves for second and lose touch with Merc in the process.

Hmm probably agree with most you say, but Damon Hill would have been a 2xWDC if schumie had not taken him out and Schumie would have been a 6xWDC instead of 7. :)

Hmm probably agree with most you say, but Damon Hill would have been a 2xWDC if schumie had not taken him out and Schumie would have been a 6xWDC instead of 7. :)

where do we go with that ?
if, if, if..., if Schumi did not crash at silverstone, he would have been 1999 world champion.(8 WDC instead of 7 )
if Timo Glock was a real F1 driver, Massa would have been world champion and the metro sexual Rockstar would have 3 tiltles instead of 4
If my Aunt have balls, she would be my Uncle.
and if stephen hawking hadn't died two days ago, he would be still alive
I guess we can stop here....

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 6919

Could we not have page and pole for Moto GP as well? far more interesting than these prima donna's and their scalextric cars..

where do we go with that ?
if, if, if..., if Schumi did not crash at silverstone, he would have been 1999 world champion.(8 WDC instead of 7 )
if Timo Glock was a real F1 driver, Massa would have been world champion and the metro sexual Rockstar would have 3 tiltles instead of 4
If my Aunt have balls, she would be my Uncle.
and if stephen hawking hadn't died two days ago, he would be still alive
I guess we can stop here....
Tut Tut.

Hmm probably agree with most you say, but Damon Hill would have been a 2xWDC if schumie had not taken him out and Schumie would have been a 6xWDC instead of 7.

Schumacher dominated the 1994 season, the only reason hill was even in a position to get the title at the last race was the FIA tried everything to disqualify him from as many races as possible, he was excluded from 4 out of 16 races, definitely don't see that as a title lost for hill.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back