Has anyone found a solution to TS PC Racer + Dirt Rally?

Every time I want to play Dirt Rally with my steering wheel, I have to launch the game, enter the controls menu, exit the game, restart my computer and launch the game again. Then, and only then, my TS PC Racer is detected by Dirt Rally and the controls preset I have saved is automatically loaded. This is quite annoying. I wonder if anyone has found a good solution for this game. I'm using Windows 7 and together with my wheel I have the following devices: Fanatec Clubsport pedals v3, HE sequential shifter, Aiologs handbrake and a custom button box. My steering wheel is set as joy1 and the rest are all connected in order and always using the same usb ports.

I usually take out and plug in the usb cable when the game is running, it usually works without restarting PC, I'm having a problem with Raceroom sometimes too. I have the T300 RS,Windows10.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
T300 + TH8A (via USB) here, I solved my issues with DR not recognizing them correctly setting the shifter as joy1 and the wheel as joy2.
Weird solution but so far it worked...

Upvote 0
Me too, my issues started when I added the TH8A, initially as joy2.
The game recognised the wheel and the shifter but it didn't apply their presets correctly: all buttons where mapped correctly but actually not working; only after restarting the game many times the issue magically vanished.

I know it's not the same issue you get but since you have a lot of gaming devices maybe DR has issues with their priorities...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You havn't re-mapped the *pause* button by any chance? That is well-known for causing problems in DR.
I too have the TS-PC with Fanatec v3 pedals, and Fanatec shifter and handbrake, and I always leave all the USB device cables plugged in. And it all works faultlessly. I have six USB devices altogether, and DR recognises, and remembers, the settings. All other games too. Why would anyone want to unplug any USB devices anyway? Once they've been calibrated they should stay calibrated.
Also see here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/suddenly-dr-forgets-my-controller-settings.123520/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I too have the TS-PC with Fanatec v3 pedals, and Fanatec shifter and handbrake, and I always leave all the USB device cables plugged in. And it all works faultlessly. I have six USB devices altogether, and DR recognises, and remembers, the settings. All other games too. Why would anyone want to unplug any USB devices anyway? Once they've been calibrated they should stay calibrated.
Also see here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/suddenly-dr-forgets-my-controller-settings.123520/

Can I ask you a few questions about your configuration ? Thanks

Upvote 0
You havn't re-mapped the *pause* button by any chance? That is well-known for causing problems in DR.
Can I ask you a few questions about your configuration ? Thanks
Glad to help if I can: what do you want to know?

Upvote 0
I believe the Dirty Rally mapping issue is pretty common. Some people may be fine, others not. I encounter having to remap the controls in this title if launch the game after having swapped around USB ports for any of the mapped controllers. Or if I physically swap out one of my sim peripherals on the rig, like the shifter. At which point the next time I launch DR all mapped devices are forgotten by the game.

As long as I don't alter anything plugged into the USB ports the game remembers all the mapping. I encountered this on my old and recently completely new build PC. It's not the PC, it would appear Dirt Rally has issues with some game devices. I personally have 5 individual USB devices mapped in this game and none are Thrustmaster.

Upvote 0
I believe the Dirty Rally mapping issue is pretty common. Some people may be fine, others not. I encounter having to remap the controls in this title if launch the game after having swapped around USB ports for any of the mapped controllers. Or if I physically swap out one of my sim peripherals on the rig, like the shifter. At which point the next time I launch DR all mapped devices are forgotten by the game.

As long as I don't alter anything plugged into the USB ports the game remembers all the mapping. I encountered this on my old and recently completely new build PC. It's not the PC, it would appear Dirt Rally has issues with some game devices. I personally have 5 individual USB devices mapped in this game and none are Thrustmaster.

You could be right that everything is OK as long as you don't change anything.
I have six USB devices altogether, a mixture of Fanatec, Thrustmaster, Renovatio and SimRacing Developments. The list:
TS-PC wheel, with the TM 599 evo rim in DR
Fanatec v3 Pedals,
Fanatec 1.5 Handbrake,
Fanatec SQ V 1.5 shifter,
Renovatio SRD-9C telemetry display,
and the SRD cockpit, which is recognised as two USB devices, as it has two cables altogether, left and right.
The two SRD USBs and the SRD-9C are all connected to a powered USB hub, which is then connected to the computer, my USB bluetooth Mouse is also connected to the same hub.
Since I found out about the "pause" button bug I haven't had any more problems: start the box, open DR, select a stage, make a good start, and then sooner or later have a crash :D

Upvote 0
Glad to help if I can: what do you want to know?
I have almost your same configuration:
Ts pc racer, fanatec CPS v3 (Usb), T8ha (Usb) and a button box. But I have a big problem: during the stages the pedal goes crashing for a few moments during braking or acceleration and finally it stops completely.
Do you have any idea what the problem might be?
Thank you very much

Upvote 0
I have almost your same configuration:
Ts pc racer, fanatec CPS v3 (Usb), T8ha (Usb) and a button box. But I have a big problem: during the stages the pedal goes crashing for a few moments during braking or acceleration and finally it stops completely.
Do you have any idea what the problem might be?
Thank you very much
Try installing the latest drivers and firmware from Fanatec, and then re-calibrate the pedals. Then they should work. I find the pedals from Fanatec to be pretty stable once they're properly calibrated. Let us know if it works

Upvote 0
After many many tests, I have found the best solution so far, at least in my case. I'm following some steps, which may be necessary or not. First, I plug all my devices into the same usb ports and following always the same order: steering wheel, pedals, shifter, handbrake and button box. I use a program called JoyIds to verify that the id numbers of the plugged devices are the same (you can change it if you need). I don't know if the id numbers are important for Dirt Rally, but they are for my AutoHotkey scripts, because I have some buttons programmed. Anyway, it seems that the ids are saved and you don't really need to worry about it nor launch the program after the first setup. After you have plugged all your devices, it's useless nor necessary to run Dirt Rally, because (in my case) the keyboard setup will be loaded and the TS PC Racer not detected. So, instead of wasting time, I close my Windows session. That's faster than rebooting my computer. Then I launch Dirt Rally and voila: my setup is loaded (steering wheel detected, as well as the rest of devices) and all the controls and buttons assignments correctly configured. I guess this only happens if everything is detected exactly in the same order. If not, the device detected as the TS PC Racer still appears as a profile, but if you load it your configuration will reset to default. Anyway, to be sure, I already have my setup files (\Profile\Player\Saves\*.*) as read only. This gives you a warning when launching the game or leaving tracks however. To prevent this, instead you can make a script to copy and overwrite a backup of your config files everytime your start the game. Of course, remember never to configure the pause key. Just leave it as it is. If you make this fatal mistake, you will probably have to completelly reinstall the game to regain control over your setup. Finally, I would like to thank Codemasters for all the headaches and the wasted hours, for ignoring the users, abandoning their "old" videogames and not giving support to one of the best steering wheels on the market. You are the best, guys!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hi i got to dirt to ,with tspc .can you please share the settings for the tspc ?

Upvote 0
I don't think my settings are going to help you much, as I have a full cockpit, as you can see from the attached pic., and most of the buttons on the wheel aren't mapped. But I'll try anyway, maybe it'll help: the only things I have mapped to the wheel are radio ( top right button ) look left, right, up, down ( cooliehat ), and look back ( bottom left )
I have clutch / brake / throttle mapped to the Fanatec pedals, gear up / down mapped the Fanatec shifter with sequential selected, handbrake mapped to the Fanatec handbrake that you can see behind the shifter, and everything else mapped to the SRH Cockpit that you can see left and right from the Wheel.
Make sure that "pause" is mapped to "P" and nothing else, and make sure the wheel is recognised and configured properly in the TM driver utility. . Other than that, I can't think of anything else at the moment. Good luck with resolving the problem :thumbsup:

Modded_599XX_EVO_Rim.JPG

Upvote 0
nice cop-kit ,but i meant the settings of feedback inside the game ....
but since you didn't understand what i meant from the beginning its better to leave it as it is lol ...

thanks anyway
As far as I'm aware, you can't adjust the FF settings within the game. I just went and took a look, and under "controls" there are just the button assignments, which you can assign after selecting "wheel" as input device. If I've missed something in Dirt Rally, please point me to it. I'd be happy to take a look, and tell you my settings. TBH, I have never messed around with the wheel settings within DR. I never had any problems, so I never went looking for any settings within the game I installed DR, selected "wheel" as input device,in "controls", then assigned the buttons, and it worked. Just in case we're still talking about different things, here are my settings in the wheel software:

Desktop Screenshot 2018.09.10 - 09.14.35.96.png
Desktop Screenshot 2018.09.10 - 09.15.03.41.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back