PC2 Handling? o:

whats up with the Handling of Different Cars??
yesterday i Drove an Group C Jag on the Schleife and and constantly spinning out of corners (with low speed!!) like "hey im 60 km/h fast but i could drive the corner with 120 but i spin)

i used the stable setup and there was summer conditions on the track so why this happens? o.O

I don't have much experience with the Group C XJR9, but the Nissan ZX Turbo GTP car also has low grip at low speed. However, that's also true to real life because that car relies heavily on aerodynamic downforce for handling ability as opposed to pure mechanical grip, and it's actually a lot easier and safer to enter corners at high speeds than low speeds in any car that makes use of ground effects. Maybe that's the case with the XJR9, but I'm sure exactly sure about that car specifically like I've said earlier.

It sound to me that unpredictable oversteer in corners entry, I have the same problem, no matter gt3 car or formula, on each corner from mid to low speeds I have unexpected oversteer(((. How to resolve this problem?

what wheel are you using? the best way is to set your controls to 1080 degree rotation in wondows setup. otherwise the angle is too small and it can cause that oversteer due too much steering
i have logitech dfgt 900 degrees. in AC or raceroom I dont have any problem with oversteering.

most handling issues with the cars in pcars 2 is down to really bad default setups. Sadly pcars 2 is not race ready for the most part and most default setups are pretty unrealistic from what a real road car or race car would use.

I would recommend you use the suspension calculator to make quick base line setups ( this is something that sms should of done ) and then adjust the setup based on the track you are driving on.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54023-Project-CARS-2-Suspension-Calculator-v0-96

I have stopped playing pcars 2 as its to broken to call a game let alone a racing sim i feel and moved over to r3e.

Patch 4 this month.. i dont think so...

I have stopped playing pcars 2 as its to broken to call a game let alone a racing sim i feel and moved over to r3e.

Patch 4 this month.. i dont think so...

Funny enough, I went back to Project Cars 2 again recently after having mixed reactions when I first tried it out. I have to admit, I'm really loving it now! No, it's not my favorite sim, and it has problems (most sims have big problems anyway aside from arguably AMS.) However, when Project Cars 2 gets it right, it gets it right! R3E was my favorite early last year until I just got tired of racing Group A, DTM 92, and GTO all the time, and R3E's AI is great for some series while terrible for others. My favorite now is probably a tie between AMS and AC although AC has its own fair share of problems even with mods.

Honestly, if PCars 2's AI was more consistent between tracks and weather and the penalty system wasn't ridiculous, it would easily be my favorite sim hands-down. As it is, however, it definitely has a lot to offer imo although you'll often have to deal with some unnecessary aggravation first.

But yeah, the default setups are trash. I don't even know why "loose" is there to be honest - let alone why it's the default for everything.

Last edited:
I feel the same way Logan, if they make the AI more consistent and sort the interface bugs and the race director ( and maybe improve the default setups ) then it would me up there with AC i feel but this wait ages for a patch to keep the console users happy is pretty lame.

I feel the same way Logan, if they make the AI more consistent and sort the interface bugs and the race director ( and maybe improve the default setups ) then it would me up there with AC i feel but this wait ages for a patch to keep the console users happy is pretty lame.

THEY CAN'T IMPROVE AI !
don't hope something you will cry.
Forza 7 is the best at the moment !

how much people from Project cars 1 said Project cars 1 is not finished and full of bugs ?
and how much people will complain for the same things about project cars 2 ?

:)-F7;)
me, at least. Horrible ffb and steering in pCARS2 for sure. You rotate your steering wheel for the point at most 90 degrees and car is ok but later in oversteers suddenly. Very bad moment((. Personally pCARS1 and pCARS2 are garbage at all. Sad , but its true. Not even close to reality that propose AC, Ams or Raceroom if we are talking about car feeling on track.

me, at least. Horrible ffb and steering in pCARS2 for sure. You rotate your steering wheel for the point at most 90 degrees and car is ok but later in oversteers suddenly. Very bad moment((. Personally pCARS1 and pCARS2 are garbage at all. Sad , but its true. Not even close to reality that propose AC, Ams or Raceroom if we are talking about car feeling on track.

you are right.
2 000 poor players are so few for a game which claims to be the new reference.
just for info forza 7 has 1 400 000 players online.

the main difference between Forza 7 and Pcars 2 is that forza is race ready and pcars 2 is not, other sims like AC, rF2, AMS and iRacing are for the most part race ready where you dont need a degree to setup the car.

When they released pcars 2 they should of made it race ready with a default setup that oversteered mid corner or corner exit as that would be more helpful for beginners to get around the track and teach them throttle control before they learn to tweak the setups.

Cant say i've had any issues with the stock stable setups and default immersive ffb settings.
Granted I mainly only use GT, touring cars and rally x in this title.....mainly rally

Bit under steery at most but that was the whole point of a "stable" setup to be user friendly.

The only adjustments I make to the setup are proper tire compound/psi for the weather, adjust brake ducts, proper race fuel amount and final gear adjustment based on track.

I am no alien by any means, but with just those adjustments I can usually get within 1-1.5 sec of the top lb times.

I agree the stable should be the default instead of the loose but for me it really isint much of an issue to go to setups and click "load stable" at the start of the session.

the main difference between Forza 7 and Pcars 2 is that forza is race ready and pcars 2 is not, other sims like AC, rF2, AMS and iRacing are for the most part race ready where you dont need a degree to setup the car.

When they released pcars 2 they should of made it race ready with a default setup that oversteered mid corner or corner exit as that would be more helpful for beginners to get around the track and teach them throttle control before they learn to tweak the setups.

i have finished the days when i spent most of my time in setup.
Now i'm back to my real passion : driving :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back