Guess the Car

Its a 1977/8 Surtees or Hesketh. I think. Would originally be in Penthouse colours maybe?

Guy Edwards ran a Hesketh in similar colours in 1976, not sure who drove this in period. But I think either 77/78 or maybe even in Aurora F1, the British F1 series that ran at the time.

• Deleted member 241736

"Gruppe 5" the only reason I bought pc2 and fire it up every day/night

Hello DRM Mod when will you arrive and join the best simulation from Italy?

Not sure about the car, but the driver is a former rock star from a not so popular hair band.

View attachment 215000
Our penultimate 'Guess the Car' feature is here, if you know your historic motorsport then you must surely know what this beast is from?

We need you to get on your thinking caps and tell us what car, series and year the above picture has been cropped from. Think you are up to the challenge? If so, guess away!

This is the second to last of our little picture guessing game. The final one will be hard... very very hard indeed..!

Have fun!

If you missed the earlier ones, you can check them out on the below links:
Happy guessing folks!

Wait...

I guess nobody is following, even just a tiny bit, the historic F1 Masters?

Not to mention this is, behind the Durex Surtees, about the second-most famous "special" or "scandalous" sponsor livery in F1?

And yes, Rupert Keegan drove it(he actually drove the Durex Surtees aswell, funny). Keegan really was a party- and playboy;)

I first noticed it again when it was driven at the Monaco Historique and it won I believe(with Richard Lyons at the wheel?). It's still going strong, much more competitive than now, thanks to the driver.

It's a Hesketh 308E that was raced under "Penthouse Rizla Racing" in 1977:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hesketh_308E

I started to recognize the car when I saw the tyre on the left, the how "framy" the car was.

That was a lovely looking car. Hesketh 308E
uSKCBxN.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes