GTR2 GET REAL PHYSICS MOD

Misc GTR2 GET REAL PHYSICS MOD 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for the info. Now I can change these for other mod cars as well to Balance the field. I’ve driven some more and I really like how things are balanced in the mod. These new physics also work really well with the 16th anniversary patch and CC.

Now on to creating GT 2000 physics. This means small adaptions needed for most of the cars, some bigger changes for others (Italtechnica F550, 360 challenge) and 2 Cars to completely rework (Diablo GT and Marcos LM600)
While I wont be doing the same amount of research that you did, the work you did will be usefull still.

Any tips on what to look out for?
Well first of all older cars should have tires inferior to what we have in GTR2. Easiest thing to would be to lower grip coefficients but since no data is available it would be pure guesswork.

For ferrari 550 Italtechnica you could take my JMB Ferrari 550 aero data, same for 360 challenge minus splitter and wing obviously. But for the other 2 cars no aero data exists that could help you make aerodynamics for them. I dont think you can make those cars to have realistic physics unfortunately.

Need_For_Speed updated GTR2 GET REAL PHYSICS MOD with a new update entry:

Version 1.2

Summary

New version features newly developed aerodynamics, new realistic engines and improvements to the tire model and AI.

Aerodynamics

All the cars got refinements to the aerodynamics, on some cars differences are noticable, on others not. With the help of the chatGPT I have redeveloped certain aspects of the sim such as drag coefficents for radiators/brake ducts and tires which results in slightly more overall drag in most cars. Body downforce is also very slightly increased now...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Well first of all older cars should have tires inferior to what we have in GTR2. Easiest thing to would be to lower grip coefficients but since no data is available it would be pure guesswork.

You could try the tires from the P&G mod; just adjust the size.

Hi please tell me what i am doing wrong, down loaded Hotfix extracted to a folder, have Readme and Gamedata open Gamedata have Teams folder copy Teams folder to my Gamedata folder replace the files in the destination done, open Readme
2. Open your .plr file located in Userdata/[playername]/ and edit the following line so it looks like this:
AI Disk Glow Multiplier="0.75000" done

Start GTR2 end of loading track cars (bar bottom of screen) GTR2 stops and goes back to desk top, replace Team folders with old saved folders 24H GT and NGT GTR2 works.

Hi please tell me what i am doing wrong, down loaded Hotfix extracted to a folder, have Readme and Gamedata open Gamedata have Teams folder copy Teams folder to my Gamedata folder replace the files in the destination done, open Readme
2. Open your .plr file located in Userdata/[playername]/ and edit the following line so it looks like this:

Start GTR2 end of loading track cars (bar bottom of screen) GTR2 stops and goes back to desk top, replace Team folders with old saved folders 24H GT and NGT GTR2 works.

I dont know, others did not report any issues. Does it happen with all the cars?

Hi happens with all cars, tried on win11 and win10 with new gtr2 steam and new install with gtr2 nocd , tried also gtr2 installs steam and nocd with HQ anniversary patch v 16.
Has to be my pc as other pilots have this working.

Need_For_Speed updated GTR2 GET REAL PHYSICS MOD with a new update entry:

Version 1.3

SUMMARY OF CHANGES

DRIVETRAIN LOSS

I have implemented new method of simulating drive train loss which is moddeled inside the engine file itself rather than via HDC file clutch friction parameter. The reason for this is that the game engine does not automatically adjust provided friction value (calculated for maximum torque rpm) but instead it applies fixed value across the entire rev range which is incorrect and results at drivetrain loss which is not consistent across the...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

Finally tried 1.3. Feels really good. I really appreciate the commitment to realworld performance metrics.

It seems to have the same issue with race performance not matching qualifying performance that I've been trying to deal with in the SHO Competition AI mod, though.

For example, in a Specials GT 2004 Viper GTS-R at Donington GP 2004, I qualified 9th and didn't have much more to give. In the race, I didn't even push until lap 2, made it to P2 by lap 4, caught up to P1 by the end of lap 5, and by the end of lap 6 I was in the lead by 10sec.

AI were getting low to mid 1:30s in qualifying but in the race the best AI lap was 1:33.874 which explains why I passed them all.

Have you experienced this? Any ideas for solutions?

My solution was to increase AIW RaceRatio but I recall that, even though it made race performance more representative of qualifying performance, it resulted in unrealistically fast laptimes that blew away realworld laptimes.

What do you think is going on?

PS. That is such a cool Car Owners Manual spreadsheet

Last edited:
In the Car Owners Manual, I see lines like this:

Peak tIre temperature DRY tires: 95°C
Peak tIre temperature WET tires: 80°C

What does it mean by peak? Does it mean optimal?

In Changeable weather, where it has more realistic temperature progression and you can easily have 35-40C track temps, tyres routinely go way beyond 95C in the dry. Even at 30C, my last race my hotter tyres were 105-110C.

I'm not the greatest caretaker of tyres but it does feel really difficult to keep tyres to temp.

Is something up with the tyre heating curves?

Last edited:
Finally tried 1.3. Feels really good. I really appreciate the commitment to realworld performance metrics.

It seems to have the same issue with race performance not matching qualifying performance that I've been trying to deal with in the SHO Competition AI mod, though.

For example, in a Specials GT 2004 Viper GTS-R at Donington GP 2004, I qualified 9th and didn't have much more to give. In the race, I didn't even push until lap 2, made it to P2 by lap 4, caught up to P1 by the end of lap 5, and by the end of lap 6 I was in the lead by 10sec.

AI were getting low to mid 1:30s in qualifying but in the race the best AI lap was 1:33.874 which explains why I passed them all.

Have you experienced this? Any ideas for solutions?

My solution was to increase AIW RaceRatio but I recall that, even though it made race performance more representative of qualifying performance, it resulted in unrealistically fast laptimes that blew away realworld laptimes.

What do you think is going on?

PS. That is such a cool Car Owners Manual spreadsheet
Its not that race performance is the problem but Your AI performance overall is completely off. Have you installed my mod correctly? Do not forget that you also have to edit .plr file as stated in the readme. They should qualify at least 3 second faster according to my testing and as shown in comparison lap times which leaves me to believe that either you have custom track AIWs or you didn't install correctly.

Its not that race performance is the problem but Your AI performance overall is completely off. Have you installed my mod correctly? Do not forget that you also have to edit .plr file as stated in the readme. They should qualify at least 3 second faster according to my testing and as shown in comparison lap times which leaves me to believe that either you have custom track AIWs or you didn't install correctly.

I will double check it's properly installed

So you're saying that for you if AI qualify at 1:30, and say you qualify 10th, then their performance in the race is is representative of qualifying? You can't easily get up to 1st from 10th in just a few laps?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back