GTR2 GET REAL PHYSICS MOD

Misc GTR2 GET REAL PHYSICS MOD 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
I will double check it's properly installed

So you're saying that for you if AI qualify at 1:30, and say you qualify 10th, then their performance in the race is is representative of qualifying? You can't easily get up to 1st from 10th in just a few laps?
Yes they are representative and will lap significantly faster than what you have written and are extremely tough to beat just like a real world pro drivers would be not taking into account first 2 laps slower pace. You should check your AI strength option. It must be set at 100%

Looks like I was missing some setup steps (some PLR params, etc.) and after some new tests at 100% AI (to start) I was able to confirm on 3 different car/track combos that race performance does represent qualifying performance much better than original GTR2.

I often needed to go above 100% AI (sometimes well above) but it worked fine and racing was still reasonably representative of qualifying.

The way I judge race performance vs qualifying performance is I should not be able to win a race from the back of the grid, unlike original GTR2, it's really that simple for starters, and GRP observationally solves it much like my mod but in a much more sophisticated and realistic way. You deserve big congrats on that.

The actual door to door racing was good, too. The reason it's so important for racing performance to represent qualifying is that when AI's relative performance to the player is close the AI actually race really close. It's much more exciting when they go through corners with you instead of giving it up easily. I had two cars ahead of me. The first car took the normal line into a corner. The second car, in front of me, took the defensive braking line into the corner, I was totally cut off, I love it. The AI can be really good but they have to be very close in performance to the player. That's why qualifying vs race performance matters.

Tires on some tracks still seem overly hot but as long as I pay attention they don't go so far as to lose a lot of grip. Example: 30C track at Valencia, outside tire goes 105-110 but doesn't seem to go beyond unless I abuse it.

Good job and big kudos.

Thanks for your response!

I just wanted to write, that yesterday I've pulled the trigger and installed your mod over a vanilla GTR2 copy. After that, I've installed the CrewChief plugin and the RealFeel plugin, then finally I've copied a bunch of enhancements from an old HQ Mods Collection sitting on my HDD.

Now, I'm in heaven! Your mod is simply amazing! Coupled with the CrewChief plugin's decoupled physics (800Hz physics rate, 400Hz input rate) and RealFeel it puts many current sim to shame! Thank you for your hard work!

The AI is also very good, only problem them being too aggressive, many times hitting each other.

Cheers!

I just wanted to write, that yesterday I've pulled the trigger and installed your mod over a vanilla GTR2 copy. After that, I've installed the CrewChief plugin and the RealFeel plugin, then finally I've copied a bunch of enhancements from an old HQ Mods Collection sitting on my HDD.

I'm interested to hear what enhancements you picked out of the HQ Collection

This was a definite irritant in the original game, often in the other direction - you take pole by a ten second margin then are left in the dust at the start of the race.

All this is easily adjusted in the AIW files, though there are no settings that work equally well for all types of cars (I keep a txt file in each track folder with my preferred settings for different series, so a simple copy/paste before a race weekend).

My procedure-
- Set in-game AI strength to 100
- In the AIW file set mid-adjust, qualratio, and raceratio to 1.000 (use mid-adjust if you normally run AI strength around 100, worst adjust if AI strength 80 or less, best adjust if AI strength 120 or more)
- Start a practice session (accelerate if you like) and note the AI times, tweak mid-adjust to get those times where you want them
- Start a qualifying session (do not accelerate), tweak qualratio to set AI times
- Start a race (accelerate if you want), tweak raceratio to set AI times
- If there is too much, or too little, spread in the times, tweak AIRange to adjust (this will affect practice, qual, and race); very small adjustments can make a big difference.

Qualratio and raceratio are independent and only affect those sessions; mid-adjust affects practice, qual, and race, so tweaks to it usually mean readjusting the ratios.
All values represent percentages, so 1.00=100%, 0.90=90%, etc.

Once you've balanced all this, AI performance will be consistent across all sessions, and will track appropriately with changes in the in-game strength setting.

Note that these edits will not apply if a season has been started, though they will stay in the AIW file. Apparently this data is read into the season file when you start.
Just so you know, since the thread is about my mod, all of this long procedure is redundant if you would have used my mod instead.

I'm interested to hear what enhancements you picked out of the HQ Collection
Mainly cosmetical and audio related things, like HQ textures, daytime headlights, HQ audio and so forth. What I like about the HQ collection (versus the Anniversary Patch) that the installation is fully manual, so it won't interfere with this Get Real mod.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back