Misc GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1 16.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
  • Deleted member 13397

for some reasons, the link to PATCH v10.3.1
where i uploaded it has been removed by the MODERATOR
in the former post
if you still need it,ask me over pm

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why, but I think MOTEC dash is broken - as I mentioned elsewhere, gear and lap time are overlapping. Not sure if it's broken for every car with MOTEC dash, but it's definitely broken for 24H cars - BMW Z3M, Rollcentre Racing Mosler, Porsche 996 Cup, Porsche 996 Biturbo, Seat Toledo GT and Viper Competition Coupe... so yeah, I was testing only with base cars.
I'm sure I installed everything correctly, because I tried 2 options:
1. throw the "new" files (wipers, models and textures updates) into original <car>_CPIT.gtr file
2. throw literally whole HQ<car>_CPIT.gtr file into car folder
and yes, I use updated .cas and .car files. I also installed the hotfix, but it didn't help.
Surprisingly, Stack, Pi and Marelli dash works perfectly fine...
Here's the evidence of broken MOTEC - and compare this one to 996 Cup screenshot in the Overview section.

Attachments

• MOTEC.jpg
    MOTEC.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 94
I don't know why, but I think MOTEC dash is broken - as I mentioned elsewhere, gear and lap time are overlapping. Not sure if it's broken for every car with MOTEC dash, but it's definitely broken for 24H cars - BMW Z3M, Rollcentre Racing Mosler, Porsche 996 Cup, Porsche 996 Biturbo, Seat Toledo GT and Viper Competition Coupe... so yeah, I was testing only with base cars.
I'm sure I installed everything correctly, because I tried 2 options:
1. throw the "new" files (wipers, models and textures updates) into original <car>_CPIT.gtr file
2. throw literally whole HQ<car>_CPIT.gtr file into car folder
and yes, I use updated .cas and .car files. I also installed the hotfix, but it didn't help.
Surprisingly, Stack, Pi and Marelli dash works perfectly fine...
Here's the evidence of broken MOTEC - and compare this one to 996 Cup screenshot in the Overview section.
You do not make things right, when you told me bad motec I thought you spoke about extra mods you added over hq patch and not included hq content.
For hq anniversary patch itself you have no "manual editing" to do, just extract 16.0.0 archive in original gtr2 game, extract 16.0.16 hotfix and double click on GTR2_SETUP.CMD to set options and that's all. As you can see on my screenshot I have made with fresh install this morning, lcd motec is working as it should.

I use Scorpyo lcd motec skin tweak so on some rare mods which miss an image bmp in CPIT GTR like fia gt 2008 or porsche cup by kiwisteve you can see bad lcd motec display and, ONLY IN THIS CASE, you must add missing FNTCMOTM.BMP (see in _OPTIONS_ folder) with geditor in dedicated xxx_cpit.gtr

Attachments

• GRAB_000.jpg
    GRAB_000.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
It is not corrupted but cannot be installed with Winrar.
These are 3 7zip files and unzipping 1st of the 3 with 7-Zip archiver will automatically unzip the 2 other zipped ones at the same time.
Only 7-Zip Archiver will work in this case.
This has been said a number of times and is clearly mentioned in the 1st post.

Personally I use both 7zip and winrar and associate them respectively.
Difference with winrar is you can't highlight all files and right click
First You must open winrar, highlight files then right click, at least that is how mine works.
Having said that it's 7zip GTR233 uses so I extract with 7zip but either way get the same outcome. 7zip faster, better compression.
winrar gtrhq.jpg

P.S. Not my worst idea lol add a screen of extracted folder including hotfix
25,768 files right ?
10thanni prop.jpg

Last edited:
I have troubles with extracting first part I tried every methods(several download managers, updating 7zip, restarted my computer and much more but still doesn't work.

I have troubles with extracting first part I tried every methods(several download managers, updating 7zip, restarted my computer and much more but still doesn't work.
Hi all. I don't know, maybe I'm not writing correctly. But as far as I understand, all three parts of the archive must be loaded and the first one must be opened. The rest of the archiver uses automatically . And before that, yes, there were problems with the opening.

Both winrar 6.xx and 7zip 21/22 can extract my archives but keep in mind that I used multiple archives split option during compression which means that you need all 3 parts at same place on your hard disk then open/extract only the first one 001 because other parts (002/003/...} cannot be opened by user but they are called by archiver (winrar or 7zip) during extraction.

Good evening . I have a small question. After applying the patch, automatic exit from the pit lane is activated. I've tried a lot and can't seem to turn it off. I already wrote about it. I've run out of options. Does anyone have experience in solving this problem?? Thank you in advance.

Good evening . I have a small question. After applying the patch, automatic exit from the pit lane is activated. I've tried a lot and can't seem to turn it off. I already wrote about it. I've run out of options. Does anyone have experience in solving this problem?? Thank you in advance.
Have you tried to change
Autopit="1" to Autopit="0"
It's in UserData\PLAYER\PLAYER.PLR file under [ DRIVING AIDS ]

Last edited:
Have you tried to change
Autopit="1" to Autopit="0"
It's in UserData\PLAYER\PLAYER.PLR file under [ DRIVING AIDS ]
Thanks for the answer . I checked the file settings. Everything is as you wrote. But after opening it and just saving it unchanged, everything worked. Thanks a lot . And then for 2 months the autopilot hit my cars when leaving the pit lane ....

GTR2 is twitchy with usb connectors as only the first 3 ones are recognized : try to unplug/replug usb or you can try a plugin called devreorder (github) which can reorder your usb devices as you wish.

GTR2 is twitchy with usb connectors as only the first 3 ones are recognized : try to unplug/replug usb or you can try a plugin called devreorder (github) which can reorder your usb devices as you wish.
Thanks for the reply. Seems like that game decided to be a right pain in the backside because it's always the same controller plugged in the same USB port... Ah, old games eh.

Last edited:
Got the latest v16 running. Fantastic work on the HQ cars and tracks. HQ Donington looks great.

Running through the latest GTR2_SETUP.CMD,

- Somewhere around "XXXVI - Do you want to keep stock SVM garage config files ?" it keeps looping the same questions. I have been manually choosing the default options each time. It just keeps going in a circle.

^ I ran the cmd script again and chose 'S' through all options, instead of selecting defaults manually, and it didn't loop and I successfully reached the end. Not sure what was up.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back