I don't think it's because of Lizard that Race Pro physics were different and less demanding. I think it was a choice made in function of their target market: the console guys who want a quick good fun race without spending 1 hour on the setup before completing a lap.

At least, this sounds like a good argument to me.

Releasing GTR(3) in 2011 using the RACE 07 engine would be commercial suicide IMO. Sorry if I offend any RACE 07 fans.

I don't think you've offended anyone David, not me at least. I am a RACE 07 junkie - although I'm slowly spending more and more time with rFactor, my heart will always be with the RACE series. But I share the opinion of pretty much everyone that Gmotor2 is old tech, despite its limits still being explored, and needs to be replaced by a new engine soon. I for one hope that GTR3 is based on the Lizard engine because, like you say, if SimBin release it using Gmotor2 they'd better be prepared for one hell of a backlash... :p

I hope the game will not require any modding involvement at all. We have rFactor (1 and 2) for modding. Personally i hope the game offers enough licensed content so that you can play it out of the box with enough cars and tracks like in the RACE Series.

I cant say i am with you on this 1. I for one am fed up with playing only stuff that game with the game i love playing mods and all the tracks it is what makes these games so good yes there are things like the online can be a bit poo if you dont have the latest update but there are ways round as has been done on here you put the links to the mod and track that is to be used and i have to say never had any probs my end

so i say simbin give us the game we want and show isi how a game should be made

as long as mods are scratchbuild and up to the quality the new game will hopefully deliver i have nothing against
but as soon as it comes to cheap conversions from older games that look at the end ugly like hell plz noo i dont need to have that

I hope the game will not require any modding involvement at all. We have rFactor (1 and 2) for modding. Personally i hope the game offers enough licensed content so that you can play it out of the box with enough cars and tracks like in the RACE Series.

I agree. Although I would like to see custom skins and tracks. Those both add good replay value.

Would definately want the new game to include the LeMans prototypes, GT1 and GTR cars from 1997, the DTM cars from the same period. Compatibility with Mods from GTR-Evolution, though I doubt the new game will offer this ability. It isn't going to be another add-on is it?

Would definately want the new game to include the LeMans prototypes, GT1 and GTR cars from 1997, the DTM cars from the same period. Compatibility with Mods from GTR-Evolution, though I doubt the new game will offer this ability. It isn't going to be another add-on is it?

Every time Simbin have announced a new title which has been a RACE 07 add-on they have said this very clearly - they have never tried to kid anyone. The announcement of the next GTR game is fairly vague but with phrases like "brand new" and "significant step up" it doesn't take a genious to work out its not an add-on for RACE 07.

As to your other wishes, 2010 GT1 cars are the only ones I think you'll get.

Haha always the same with Bram, opens a new thread...with X demo....pictures of X Game....etc. and then he just posts...is there one already...have we got some already... We open the bloody thread to find nothing :tongue:

I would like all the FIA GT classes, from GT1 down to GT4 with all the homologated cars (wouldn't mind some national homologated cars as well, like the Grand Am Speedsource Mazda RX-8 which should fit into GT3). Add some updated Super 2000 cars that Simbin have done already, as well as some new cars (BTCC Civic etc.). Don't make it a licensed WTCC game (as we all know WTCC is boring these days and not interesting to try and replicate), just throw in a wide range of S2000 cars to choose from (all with the same tyre brand etc.).

One of the many special features I would like to see is the sort of thing you could find in the latest V8 Superstars game, like how the track changed from wet to dry conditions. Haven't tried that game, but it looks really good in videos. And maybe an in-game livery editor a la Forza 3 on Xbox 360? Just as an option for those who can't (or don't have time or interest) to fiddle around in Photoshop.

And there's always a request for a super touring mod, but doesn't really matter if we get it on GTR 3 or rFactor 2:)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.