I stand corrected :)

But don't we all want the setup system to be as realistic as possible?

Personally I would like the following option for league drivers (i know will not happen but still).

I can totally imagine that if you want to simulate the real thing, that more than 1 people are in control of the same game. Imagine yourself to be a league racer and you have to work together with a chief mechanic who is working on your car? This chief mechanic will setup your car, will coordinate the strategy in the race with the rest of the team.

With such a system, simracing could become a sort of roleplaying game. Excellent players that are not considered alien drivers, but can be very skilled and useful in other departments of the sports.

Dream on :)

lol bram, Ive been planning something for a while. I think you would like it. :) you should catch me on msn I've been looking for a spring board for ideas.

If they make setups any more involved --- this will be a MAJOR MUST for me. I can barely manage tweaking setups for the less complicated cars now.

I stand corrected :)

But don't we all want the setup system to be as realistic as possible?

Personally I would like the following option for league drivers (i know will not happen but still).

I can totally imagine that if you want to simulate the real thing, that more than 1 people are in control of the same game. Imagine yourself to be a league racer and you have to work together with a chief mechanic who is working on your car? This chief mechanic will setup your car, will coordinate the strategy in the race with the rest of the team.

With such a system, simracing could become a sort of roleplaying game. Excellent players that are not considered alien drivers, but can be very skilled and useful in other departments of the sports.

Dream on :)

General:

-No Gmotor2
-Dynamic Track lighting brought back - HDR would be fantastic
-Night Racing
-Endurance Racing
-Real Time reflections
-Dynamic Shadows
-TRUE cockpit shadows (as found in Dirt 2, Shift, iRacing, Grid etc.)
-Nice looking but simple UI (race series games have way too many pages)
-Surround Sound support
-Full Widescreen Support
-iopener support
-Realistic AI
-Realistic looking cockpit needles like in GTR2/GTL (the red triangle in the race series game looks bad)
-Minimum (preferred none) fake advertising banners on the track. IMO this was horrible in the Race On tracks. I can't even race them and downloaded 3rd party versions of the same track because its that bad looking. I understand the need for revenue but if you must why not include them in a demo only? I payed for my game why do I have to stare at them?

Modding:

-Add On Track Support
-Add On Skin Support

Series:

-Any FIA Season
-Any LMS, ALMS series
-Maybe some amateur support series?
-Updated Camaro Cup with the new cars

I understand the need for revenue but if you must why not include them in a demo only? I payed for my game why do I have to stare at them?

While I sympathise with your view, you also paid for your magazine but you will still get ads in them. The thing about games is we are paying the same for a game as we did 15 years ago but the development cost of course is far higher now. If we won't pay more then developers/publishers are going to look for alternative ways of increasing income. The ways they have come up with are

1. produce a multiplatform game so you increase your sales.
2. sell your game direct (e.g. through Steam) so you get the game store's cut.
3. put advertising in games.

The good thing (in theory at least) about in-game ads is the developer is rewarded more if you play a game more. If they produce a game you give up on after a week then they don't earn as much for it.

I'd gladly pay more for the game to not have the ads. It wouldn't be as bad if it was here and there on the track but its imo overboard in the Race On tracks(namely the US Tracks).

What is the difference between Simbin's GTR# games and Race 07 + expansions? I'm been confused for a while as to why GTR2 and GTR Evolution co-exist when they both seem to be trying to do the same thing. Now GTR3 is coming out and I just don't know what to think.
:confused:

I'd like to see the server browser API opened up to 3rd party tools, allowing small applications/webapps to show the server status / player list / tracklist / car class.

GTR2 was out before Race07, It is officially licensed pruduct of the old FIA Gt Championship. After that Race 07 came, based on touring cars and with the WTCC license. With Race 07 came many changes to the physics and some update tracks and new ones. The Evo expansion fits into the evolution of simbins version of Gmotor engine, which has been progressively tweaked over the years to the point it is at today.

It is reasonably expected by many that GTR3 will use the newer Lizard engine. This is Simbins very own engine built from the ground up. It made its first outing on Xbox 360 in Race Pro, which of course had its problems but it wasn't a million miles away, maybe just released a little too early, but thats just my opinion. So GTR3 is expected to usher in a new age for Simbin and the future.

Thats about where they all tie in. This is the short version of course :)

Lizard Engine will be modular, at least you would hope so as a developer as they intend to license it. It would not need to have the same physics as RP. As a new module could be written and plugged in. I hope so anyway because I cant speak broadcast publicy what I thought of RP.

Personally I'd like to see Hardware accelerated physics as an option as there could be much more depth of calculation, and more degrees of calcaulation due to the paralel processing power of modern GPU's

While I don't have an XBox and so never tried Race Pro, the XBox360 doesn't support decent wheels except recently the very expensive Fanatec wheel. Therefore I would suggest that Race Pros physics were designed around joypad input and I'm not sure how you could compare them to RACE 07 unless things like maximum speed or conrering speeds were noticeably different.

Releasing GTR(3) in 2011 using the RACE 07 engine would be commercial suicide IMO. Sorry if I offend any RACE 07 fans.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.