1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GTC76 Porsche 914-6 @ Road Atlanta, Zandvoort 67 - Thursday 19th February 2009

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Stuart Thomson, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

[​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
    Password: click here

Class: GTC76 - Porsche 914-6 only
    Track: Road Atlanta & Zandvoort 67
    Track Downloads: Road Atlanta (Long layout) & Zandvoort '67
    Weather: A balmy and dry 72º C

Practice: 19.30 GMT - 30 mins
    Qualification: 20.00 GMT - 20 mins
    Race: 2 x 15 laps

Skinpack: Porsche 914-6 skinpack You must have this skinpack installed to run this event.

Notes:

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Entrylist:
    1. Stuart Thomson
    2. Péter Bártfai
    3. David Cuthill
    4. Marty Pierce
    5. Simon Bacon
    6. Andy Marsden
    7. Kris Leeten
    8. Matt Crouch
    9. Warren Dawes
    10. Amir Margalit
    11. Benluigi Tustorosso
    12. Sam J Simpson
    13. Mark A Warmington
    14. Piotr Misiorek
    15. Nigel Atkins
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver

Reserves:
    1. Dave Stephenson
    2. Marc Good
    3. Hans Sneep
    4. Luc Frachon

5. Driver

2. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

Whooo Home track (Zandvoort) that will be interesting...

SIGN me up.....

Hans

Skins are Beautiful ,thanks Stuart

3. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

Stuart,skin 877 (Miele) not working,naked orange skin

Hans

4. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

OK Hans thanks - I'll get it sorted out. :good:

All the others are OK for you, though?

5. Sign me up please! I like this car very much!:)

6. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I just checked and they are all working for me, including the 877 Miele one.

7. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

OK try to download it again,maybe a small glitch?

Hans

Download it again but problem remain ,if you select the skin and look at the showroom it's naked, only orange

8. David Cuthill

David Cuthill
    Premium Member

Sign me up for this please.

9. Yes sign me. Been at road atlanta many times on motorcycle though.

10. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium Member

Sign me up please, should just make this one.

11. Sign me up please :)

12. Stick my name on reserve list please, just getting back up to speed after another spell in Hospital so I don't know if I'll be up to it yet......... but I have time at least, hehe.

Sam

13. Bacon your brake lights are mine! :D

14. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium Member

Looking forward to it Mr M. Bring it on. :D

15. Sign up please. Warned the wife, neighbours, boss & colleagues not to disturb me so I'll be present :)

16. Eck Simpson

Eck Simpson
    Premium Member

I would sign up for this but I don't want to download a carset, for a one off event. We didn't even go to this trouble, for the league.

17. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, but I'd like to think that the skinpacks I've done for GTL (which are, after all, only on cars where there is basically one skin in the game) will be used for ongoing events, any events that involve the cars I've done. Cars like the Alfa, Cortina, Elan, 911, Mustang etc, where there are loads of skins for them in game, then they won't get touched, because there's no point. I didn't do the packs for me, they were for all RD GTL racers.

No-one thinks anything of downloading a track for an event, and this is the size of a (smallish) track download. There are 2 download tracks for this event, but you decide not to run it because of the skinpack download? I don't get the logic. You were at Goodwood, and Warwick Farm and this is not much bigger than both those downloads.

As for the trouble, no-one's had any aggro about, or taken any trouble over, this apart from me. I wasn't around for the league, but I'd have offered to skin that too.

It's a shame Eck. We'll miss you on the track. Hopefully we'll see you when there are default skin only events (of which there will hopefully be enough).

18. I think it's worth the extra 20 seconds it takes to extract a skin pack to add something a bit special to the event.

Sign moi up bitte

19. Put me on the reserves list please, don't know yet if I can make it.

20. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

For anyone a little put off by the skinpack, I offer the following in case it eases any concerns.

There are only a few skins in the pack, so file size is kept reasonable, so download time should be short.
    The skins are easily identifiable in the game (in case people are worried about using them in non specified on-line events), Stuart has included a special FD icon for the car selection menu.
    They can be very easily removed again if HD space is a concern.
    The skinpacks have been well thought out, and are very nice looking.

To me, they add a huge amount to the interest in the events. It allows us to use single car events that normally wouldn't be considered due to having only one default skin.

Thanks again to Stuart for this innovation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.