The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc76.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPT.COM GTC76
Class: Opel Kadett C
Track: Magny Cours Nat / Hockenheim Nat / Zolder
Event Start: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 15 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 3 x 8 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins that come with the mod only.

Lee are You practicing the Heel&Toe ??
Any good suggestion for me as I also would like to try it?
Well Roman I found it almost impossible to do at first and I'm not saying ive masterd it now but give it some practice and you soon be able to go some without spinning on every downshift
I cant speak for G25 pedals but on G27 you can move the accel and brake pedal heads closer together
so its easier to blip on downshifts soon as you get used to turning your ankle in and timing the clutch release with the blip your on your way mate I find doing it this way makes me drive better and feels more realistic
and rewarding + you have more controle over the car.... I think so any way .. :smile:

I'm now into using the H gate as well, but because I use auto clutch, I just need to blip the throttle on downshifts, and I can still left foot brake.

Nice compromise for me and my two left feet :D

Stu you supprise me ... I would of put you down as a heel toe racer mate !!
like I said to Roman just jump in head first and get stuck in with the clutch pedal
it is like a step backwards but you soon pick it up !! and the funny thing I found is that it makes you take more care and that seems to make you more procise and alert in your driving makin lap times quicker !! it feels slower cos it takes longer to shift this way rather than quick flick of the padals but im more smoother coz im not correcting a late brake or a wrong shift if you know what I mean...ha
try it man and you will see the differance in time !! :biggrin:

I'm going to say a qualified success - the car is great but we got more than our usual share of CTDs - whether that's the mod or server flakiness or server load (there was a race F1 event on our server tonight for some reason) I'm not sure.

We'll try these again though. :thumbup:

Got busted in Magny qually for a one lap breach ;p,started bout 3rd from last?,and away lovely and picked up plenty of early scraps as things ahead rolled over and flew etc. :O ,a bit of battle action with Warren and Piotr then eventually it seemed to boil down to me and Amir at the front!!? :O....i pushed as hard as i dare to reel him in but it didnt look like there was enough race left,suddenly on the last lap a car is sideways at airborne chicane!!..Amir has to anchor up to avoid and loses almost all his lead gap to me ;D,then he outbrakes himself at the 2nd last turn and i get beside and good traction to the final chicane and hold for the win :D.
Hock im loving the car again with the same Magny setup and im hunting for pole!! >:)),...until go off and in to a wall and explode with panels and wheels flying everywhere! >:D,away well enough at the start and make a couple of gains arriving at T1,i end up totally hung out to dry on the outside,a choice i freely made on my own ofcourse :)....as i almost approach T2 braking zone suddenly all the cars ahead freeze to a halt!! :O,scary nervous arrival at T2 negotiating these eerie stopped ghosts,then a few seconds after this the track loading screen appears and then it loads all the drivers again,just like a restart me thinks??....but i then see the race is merrily going on completing lap one by now,i dont have a "Drive" icon to click on so i settle in and watch Warren chase Amir on the GTL TV :).
Got the pole for Zolder with a lap that was mainly concentrating on keeping it 100% legal and cut free (its an ex RDHGP S4 thing ),away well enough at the start to just keep Warren at bay in second spot,a sort of nervous opening lap or two again with my emphasis on no cuts!!,Warren wasnt being dropped much at all until i pushed harder and eventually made a little brake for it and held to finish.
Hopefully there wasnt a strange laggy Lenno ghost car causing anyone trouble at Hock,that was a surreal weird moment there.....
Thank You all the gentleman GTL'ers there making tonights very healthy sized grids

Many Thanks Thommo & Carlos in conjuction with RD

This car gave me such a laugh today. Drifting through those corners at 10000rpm was just what I was hoping for.

I ran into some ghosts a couple of times but I guess that was caused by the server.

Thanks Stuart and Carlos. Looking forward to the next race with these

This was definitely a spooky night, had a good start at MC, but scared myself off the track watching Bob go for a flip in the mirrors at T1. Later on drove around a ghost car parked on the start/ finish line, I must have blacked out shortly after that as I forgot to brake at the end of the first straight. The car definitely did not need that rear wing anyway.

Seemed like a good start at Hockenheim with everyone feeling their way politely through the first couple of turns. After that had a few spins and bumps on my way tho 6th, and still, there were those mysterious ghost cars? Zolder was my best set up and the car was fun to drive! Thanks to Stuart and Carlos and everyone who showed up. it was great to have such a good turnout!

Only downloaded the Opel Kadett yesterday, but immediately fell in love with it, great looking models, top skins, demanding but a pleasure to drive, and some very high revving engines and sound to match. I was even able to choose an Aussie flavoured skin thanks to BP sponsorship. Big thanks to Stuart for giving me a last minute setup setup tip to help me overcome the understeer I was struggling with.
Good to see a bigger roll-up too, all no doubt wanting to join the debut party for Bjorn, as well as the debut of the Opel. Nice to meet Bjorn over TS too, pity you had bad luck with connections though. :frown:

One of my better events too, with three podiums.

Race 1: Magny Cours: Qualfy P2 behind Stuart. Had a reasonable start until I dropped it into 2nd gear, and immediately fishtailed into pitlane. Oops!! :eek: . Came out about P8, with Gary harrassing my tail. Narrowly avoided the Stuart & Steven party at the end of lap 1, but Gary and Piotr slipped by when I stuffed up the sweeper into the long straight. Piotr then did an olympic ski jump over the hump and disappeared off track. Later I came across Avi and Knut doing do-nuts, giving me P3 to the finish.
Grats to Gary for the win, and bad luck for Amir to take 2nd after leading most of the race.

Race 2: Hockenheim: Qualy P4, but was much more cautious off the line this time (no more fishtailing), and dropped to P5. Steven used a very heavy right foot round the right hand sweeper and took a detour into the wall. Next lap Avi and Amir had a fight over the inside of the second hairpin, but Avi hit the gas too early and spun. Then Knut, who had opened a handy lead, spun into the sand, leaving Amir and I to fight for the win. We had a terrific battle, and I was hoping Amir might make a mistake, but he was rock solid. I pressured as hard as possible over the closing lap, but Amir defended well and just held me out as we crossed the line nose to tail. Grats to Amir, and wd to Avi for third.

Race 3: Zolder: Qualified P2. Nice clean start but couldn't quite hold on to Gary and followed him all race to take the bridesmaid's spot again. Only slight drama was having the fuel warning light come on early and coasting over the finish line on fumes. Grats to Gary and WD Amir for third.

Thanks for this event Stuart and Carlos, pity there were a few connection problems, I hope it wasn't related to the Opel mod, I thought it was a top mod and would love to try it again.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back