The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc76.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPT.COM GTC76
Class: Opel Kadett C
Track: Magny Cours Nat / Hockenheim Nat / Zolder
Event Start: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 15 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 3 x 8 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins that come with the mod only.

Well, without having my replays handy (I'm at work right now) I can't give you guys a proper race report.

I had CTD in race1 so I missed out of that one.

Race2 I vaguely remember.

Race3 I spent a great part of the race trying to glue myself to Stu's rear bumper. At one point he messed up just enough to let my by but then I returned the favor and I was chasing him again. After a while Amir shows up and eventually makes it past both Stu and I. The three of us finished pretty much stuck to each other like a 3 car train.

Guys, I appreciate you thanking me along with Stu for tonight, but I can't take any credit for it, as it was all Stu's hard work and none of mine.
You are more than welcome to thank me on the 9th though, as that is my first event:cool:.

Thanks Stu and RD for cooking this up!
And to all showed up and made the big grids possible.

... 20 minutes to event - GTL finally runs...
... 5 minutes to event - downloaded Opel
... entering server... fun fun fun :)
... this machines are awesome! giving plenty of fun! I enjoyed every corner driving these monsters :)
R1 Magny Course - spun a few times, but drove only default setup with longer gears.
R2 Hocke - phone call - no driving :(
R3 Zolder - quite nice start a little fight with Kris, but then I made mistake hit the wall and the race was over for me...

Thanks Stu and thanks RD!

Looking forward to next race :)

Am I the only one having difficulties with these Kadett's? When exiting the corner I'm used to the 911's heavy backside that offers more grip with high exit speeds, the Kadett surprised me every time by stepping aside his rear. I had some nice drifts, but as you all know: a sliding car is a slower car.

Skipped MC due to crying baby, but I was not that far from the average laptime here in practice (1.07)
On Hockenheim I was able to start, but the fighting with the car had grown to a new level. I was sweating in every corner to keep the tail following the front-wheels. Some crashes later I was happy I reached the finish.
I was looking forward to Zolder (as always), but couldn't find a decent pace - though I couldn't feel/see where i lost all that time. After a while the problem became even worse and for some reason I simply couldn't keep up with you guys. Normally I reach decent times at Zolder, but now I kept 2-3 seconds behind with my laptimes. Somewhere around lap 3-4-5 I had good fun chasing Avi but eventually when he noticed me in his mirrors he stepped on it and no way I could keep up with that pace. Had a lot of spins which didn't improve the handling and ended against the wall :tongue:

Still I'm very happy that I was able to join a clubrace since a long time and I hope to be more active on the virtual tracks here at the GTL-club, as I've noticed I can use the practice :redface:.

Thanks Carlos, Stuart & RD!

Kris, I try to dial out the driftyness out of my setups cuz I hate a sliding rear. If you want I can post my setup. I'm no expert in setting up the cars, but I think it's much better than the stock drifty one.

Am I the only one having difficulties with these Kadett's?

No mate, I did find these a tad difficult too......I'd like to have abit more time in them to make a judgement on them...

There seemed to be an unproportionately high number of CTD/GTL crashing, which may have been the MOD or it could of been because of the impromtu RACE/EVO event set up on the GTL/rFactor server...(seems one dedicated sever 24/7 is not enough they have to encroach on our limited server time)

All in all not a bad nights racing

Had a grt night racing these beauties. This mod is awsome with mighty torque and a fish tail but so enjoyable to drive.

Magny was eventful for me. Had a middle grid slot and got away with a bit of sliding. Going into T1 got hit and went airborn, did countless 360's and ended up on my roof. Managed to get it started and carried on the race until lap 7 when I came across a spun car at the chicane and had no where to go and after t boning him I existed the game.

Hocki was a better race as I didn't bother to qualify and started at the back. As those in front done there thing I managed to pick up places and got as high as 5th until the last lap when I came across a back marker, we touched which lost me 2 places and crossed the line 7th.

Zolder was a race which I just picked up the pieces of others mistakes but managed to bring it home.

Thanks Stu, RD & all that showed to make it a brilliant night of racing.

RACE 1 didnt happen due to thinking all wk I had the mod when it was opel gt I had not kadet :rolleyes:
RACE 2 was going quite well for a good few laps made some good passed and kept it tight just
learning the car really which is great fun !
I came off damaging front right side which made driving hard to keep straight still I made it home
RACE 3 just didnt know the track on the night and even a few laps wouldnt sink in during qualli
it was like my memory failed completly..:rolleyes: In race on the grid I lost clutch and 2nd gear ???
I dont know why or how when I clunked it into 1st I jumped forward twice b4 the green and when I got going
2nd gear had gone..??? like it fell out the gearbox in qualli hah
so I give up and watched what turned out to be a great final race.. Carlos , Stu and Amir
had a amazing battle... it was great to watch any way .. and to see an almost full grid for a club race was
a first for me great stuff..:biggrin:

still not all bad it was a fun night even tho I was crap...:wink: I put it down to new car and new H pattern and clutch driving style hehehe :cool:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 126 13.7%