GTC-TC76 VW Scirocco @ CircuitodeCartagena - Thu 14th Feb 2103

flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC76 VW Scirocco, GR1 ,GR2 ( Download )
Track: CircuitodeCartagena ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 14 Laps )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 ( 14 Laps )

Note 1: Race 1- VW Scirocco, GR1 , Race 2 -VW Scirocco, ,GR2 using the liveries that come with the cars
Note 2: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Jack Smith
  3. Warren Dawes
  4. Tim Ling
  5. Andrew Jarnell
  6. Hans Sneep
  7. Jacob Boonstra
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

A tricky track, but GRRRRREAT cars :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A tough, twisty, turny, tricky, tortuous, trapezoid (ok, one too many T's) of a track. Very easy to drop seconds if you got a corner wrong. Certainly taught me "break early, turn in, get the power down".

Race 1, in the "quite nice" 'Rocco, I plodded round, only to find I'd dropped from the server somewhere around halfway through the race :O_o:

Race 2, in the "WOOOOO YEAH" Gr2 'Rocco I was learning how to drive again. I slowly got faster, and a bit more consistent, getting a PB at the 3/4 point. Then, on the last lap I was just about 4 1/2 tenths faster which would plonk me into the 1.48's! As I came round the last corner, Hutcho's car was shuddering right in the middle of the track. I could hear that Bob had finished (great drive btw Hutch), I decided to keep going straight, thinking it was just a ghost.

It wasn't :mad::thumbsdown::sick::cry:

I must confess that when I caused a cloud of smoke over the track I lied on TS and said my sister fell out of the car into the sand.... to be honest... I pushed her. There I said it and I still feel good.

Jack, I watched the replay...you reversed over her, then hit her again as you drove off. Bad man

Great event guys. Even without decent practice I could still get along quite nicely in the Gr1 car, mainly due to my eavesdropping on part of Warren's setup over TS just as I dropped in.:sneaky:
Thanks Warren, the setup worked really well in the Gr.1 Scirocco.:thumbsup:
After a pretty good Q1 and R1 start, I soon learned there was no way for me to keep up with Jacob and Warren but managed to stay ahead of the rest, and in the end even finished 2nd behind Warren, but only because I made one less mistake than Jacob did, as you guys' pace was impressive to say the least..
Hope I can stick around longer next time, but for now Thanks All for a fun race. Hope R2 was as good.

If anybody remembers the first outing with the Scirocco it was noted how the GR1 was a bit understeery (is that even a real word :redface:) and the GR2 was with its lift of oversteer.
So it was time to test them again with a track that would put the car in for a good workout..
Time to see how the tyres would cope and to see if it would turn in like a good front wheel drive car if the corners were hit correctly..
Well all i can say is it did what it was supposed to do.. The update has been a good improvement.
they were good before now there just sublime ....:thumbsup:

the track gives the car a real workout thats for sure.. and the driver.. even some of our wheels were given a rough time.. the FFb is a bit heavy on the wheel.. Strange smells were sniffed from some peoples equipment...
For future reference turn down the strength of your FFB to avoid this..:)

I had fun the whole night after running wide on the first corner:whistling: and starting right from the rear i was driving round with Bob. He was late to the party and had no time to get upto speed .
but i must of done 5 or 6 laps right on his bumper pushing him all the time we both had a couple of moments . i eventually got by and he chased me to the line ..every lap getting quicker and quicker..
Race 2 was more of the same but with a few more off's and then i blew a tyre so sat back and watched the fun.. Job done...
This Track is tricky and discretion was needed in places but these cars suited it to a tee..
lucky i never used the RWD cars, maybe next time..:sneaky:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back