GTC-TC-76 : VW Scirocco GR2 Series Round 1 @Halle-Saale - Tue 4th June 2013

Scirocco-series.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC76 VW Scirocco GR2 ( Download ) +Update ( Download ) + (liveries) You will be given a link to the download on signing up for the event
Track: Halle-Saale-Schleife ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 10 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 10 laps )

Note 1: Only use the special skins that have been had made for this event please.
Note 2: If you sign up on the night please state which skin number you would like to use
#53 #176 #720 #109 #969 #550 #384 #105 #936 Skins can be viewed HERE
Note 3: Signed up members will get priority over the driver slots.
Note 4: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 5: We run a superpole qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action..
Note 6: Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways.Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly. AndThe kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times..
Note 7: Points to be awarded for completion of the race 1st place gets 30 points right down to 1 point for 30th place
We have 2 races per event so a double win can get you 60 points, there are no points awarded for fastest lap or pole position. But you must finish the race to claim your points.

How to install the Series Cars HERE

Server password: click here

Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson #68
  2. Paul Bennett #28
  3. Rene van Zijp #65
  4. Yves Larose #41
  5. Tim Ling #427
  6. Guus Verver #86
  7. Matt O'Brien #12
  8. Jacob Boonstra #70
  9. Steven Walker #475
  10. Warren Schembri #23
  11. Jack Smith #33
  12. Jorge Ferreira#105
  13. Roland Warmenhoven #71
  14. Bjorn Spierenburg #13
  15. Paulo Borges #550
  16. Dave Flower #69
  17. Simon Bacon #92
  18. Brian Harlow #53
  19. Markus Hakamo #969
  20. Antonio Tavares #964
  21. Tony Wiltshire #57
  22. Andreas Löffler #936
  23. Neil Gault #27
  24. Hans Sneep #63
  25. Anthony Levene #909
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Knut Omdal Tveito #44
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Tony Wiltshire

I'd recommend to disable the following before joining the server:

- anti-virus and firewall software (You'll be safe anyway, believe me)
- windows automatic updates

There are a lot more things you can do to improve the stability of your online connection, but that would be for another topic. Oh, and close all browser windows, MSN and Skype while on the server.
I have a Games Booster style software that when activated goes into "Game Mode" and turns off a load of unnecessary background stuff. Doesn't turn off the Anti-Virus tho so I might try that tonight, cheers.

Unfortunately that's not always the problem Rupe :cry: I got a disco on my league install at GP200, and then again last night during 'Rocco practice (using the same league install). I only started getting problems after I switched to Orange bb :thumbsdown: , so I'm hoping the change to Virgin will help

Thanks for the race guys. That was my first online race in GTL and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
After filling the car with 3L of fuel instead of for 3 laps in the first qualy I had fun working my way through the field to finish 3rd.
And then in the second race, with a 10 sec lead, I seemed to inexplicably turn into the barrier...almost like I had a tyre blowout. And then I got the car wedged in the barrier and it was game over :(

I was really suprised with my pace compared to the rest, must be the sloths enhancing my car. Race 1 went very well, was very boring though. Race 2 I did not qualify because cut warning, and in the race I was on a nice charge to the front but I glanced the grass on the outside of T2, rear went and smashed into the wall :(. Grats Roland on the win in 2nd race and thanks all for making it such a large grid. And of course Rupe for the fantastic skins:thumbsup: (especially mine :D)

Race 1 - I managed to cut in Qualy so started next to last. Okish start then lap three behind Rupe we came onto the start/finish to see two cars airborne ! Rupe went round I followed him and lost it into the barriers - leaving Jack no where to go except into me cars flying everywhere many out I managed to limp round to the pits - 5 minute lap then for a 1m 23s pit stop to repair it, hardly worth carrying on finished 17th.

Race 2 - Qualy 14th great race fantastic fun with Rupe then managed to finish 3rd - first ever 'proper' podium at RD had one once at Laguna Seca some time ago when I was the only one to gamble on wets and it started raining on lap two!

Thankyou for some great racing tonight with this fantastic mod to everyone who attended and big thanks to Rupe and RD for organising.

Really enjoyed tonight so thanks to everyone especially Rupe!

1st race qualified in 6th or 7th and was pretty much still there after turn 1. Managed to avoid a few incidents ahead and was 4th after the first lap. Had a good few battles including a very sneaky move at turn 1 in the last lap; I'd been passed towards the end of the penultimate lap and had two cars just ahead of me into turn 1. The car who'd passed me (sorry guys, can't remember who it was!) went for the overtake into turn 1 and I managed to follow him through so kept my net 5th, which was where I finished. Not too bad for my first ever GT Legends online race!

2nd race wasn't so good. Made a mistake in the pack into turn 6 (I think) and slightly damaged my suspension, then got forced into the wall a couple of laps later. After that my suspension was pretty bent, so turn 3 was a constant adventure. I think I half span there 3 times and span twice. Ended up finishing 11th.

I had great fun last night with this car, even though I didn't finish either race due to damage (not fuel this time ;)) I expected a mass pile-up into turn 1 but was pleasantly surprised when everyone got through, awesome. :thumbsup:. The mass pile-up happened later and it was very unfortunate for those that were involved. (bloody good fun to watch though:sneaky:)

Congrats to the winners and looking forward to the next race.

Hmm, where to start.

Race 1, qualified around 13/14 and thought quick toilet break before the start of the race. Come back and was wondering what the heck was going on with my screen. Took a good 15 seconds for my brain to register but I had missed the start of the race and was rightfully disqualified :cry::cry:

Race 2, qualified around 13/14 again and started ok but spun at the third turn on the first lap. Not sure who was behind me but they smashed straight into me (apologies for that whoever you are) and had a damaged suspension because of it so it was pretty much a case of bringing her home in one piece from that moment onwards. Finished around 13th in the end.

Bit disappointed with myself. Had been so looking forward to this all day and to get DQ'ed in race one and suspension damage on lap 1 in race 2 was a let down. All self inflicted so I've only got myself to blame.

Oh well, there's another race next week :)

Well with all the nerves of the first race in the VW Series overall it went ok,
Well done all drivers getting through the first corners of the races,
We can race if we look out at the starts and take care,

Race 1 we had a what looks like a lag problem which sent to cars up in the air and crashing back down on track causing a bit of mayhem to the cars following. the car that lagged got away totally free.
this is just unlucky for the drivers behind , I was one of them.. It could of been worse.
And im sorry to say there is not much i can do about these things... Sorry guys..
Yes there were a couple of taps and spins and most did the correct thing and wait for the other drivers to get back on track :thumbsup:
Race 2
we had good battles going on right through the field, we had a few cars spinning due to taps and for the most people waited :thumbsup:
I made a mistake with Andreas coming in a bit hot, sorry mate..:(
but as soon as we got on the straight i let him back by,
This is all we ask in our club, We are here to race.
So race, but if you make a mistake, let the car back by,
We do this for fun there is no money involved and no prizes.

I did see cars coming back on track and keeping off the racing line until they were up to speed :thumbsup:

I would like to remind all drivers we do have a system for reporting incidents if they can not be settled by a quick pm to the driver

Guide To Incident Reporting

If you feel that you have been wronged in one of our events or think that another driver is breaking ourGolden Rules then you can report it to us. However, for your report to be considered it needs to conform to the following:

1) We only consider breaches of our Golden Rules.
2) You must provide a calm description of what happened without ranting.
3) You must provide a clear video of the incident being reported. Without it we can do nothing.
4) The report must be sent to the member of staff that organised the event within 72 hours of it ending.

After submitting a report it will be reviewed by our staff and you will be informed of the outcome. This will usually take around five days.

I hope we dont need this and expect all drivers to follow our simple club rules and make this a great series.

Thanks Rupe and RD for a great event. Looking forward to more VW action (hope the numbers stay up.)

Race 1. Not much to say. Got involved in the airborne action on Lap 3 and came to rest pivoting on the banking, unable to get off :(

Race 2. 23rd to 9th:D Can't remember overtaking much, think most of it was getting by folks who'd fallen off. Did have a bit of a scrap with Matt, I think, and I'm sure I saw Hans around aswell.

Not raced the track before, but grew to like it. Very interesting with so many cars but well done all for making it clean (from where I sat.) Roll on next week....:)

Is the replay available anywhere?
During the first qualy session I crashed due to another driver parking/moving slowly their car on one of the tracks fastest corners (the one before the start finish line). If drivers have to slow down to make a gap between themselves and the next car in front could they do so on straight sections of track please?
Regarding the results table, I'm probably having a stupid moment but how do my 2nd race points(24) equate to 17 points in the overall standings?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.