GTC-TC-76:ENDURANCE Mercury Cougar @Watkins Glen - 20th June 2013

159639WatkinsEnduroflyer.png

Server name: 2RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Mercury Cougar (link to mod given on sign up)
Track: Watkins Glen long layout( Download ) alternative download Here Optional TV Cams HERE

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

This is a Endurance event :
Qualification start time: GMT 19.00 ( 30 min )
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (36 Laps Approx. 80 min)

Important Please Read

for this event we are using a modified version of the original Mercury Cougar mod made by Team 21 and Freinds, permission was granted by Team 21 to Yves Larose to make the modifications to the mod but an official release was denied but Team 21 agreed to a private distribution of it so therefore the download link of the modified mod will be pm to each participants upon sign up. it is strictly forbidden to give the download link to anybody and/or to upload the modified mod on any site its important cause its Yves reputation that is at stake here for future permission. the modifications are the following

- Tyres wear have been modified to suit the new fuel tank capacity and fuel consumption.
- The fuel tank have been reduce to 80 ltr compare to the 140 ltr of the original mod.
- The fuel consumption have been made higher then the original mod.
- The hud is now in English.
- Liveries have been add.

Note 1: tyre and fuel will be set at normal
Note 2: only the skins that come with the mod please, the first 20 sign up have to pick a different liverie after that the next 20 sign up follow the same rule. to see the liveries choice Click here
Note 3: Unpack simply extract the GameData file to the main GLT folder and let it override if asked if you already have the mod install it is recommended that you move it to a temporary location before installing the new one, it is also recommended that after the event you replace the modified version of the mod by the original one to avoid any conflict in further event using it.
Note 4: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 5: Qually is an unlimited lap type of qually.
Note 6: Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways. Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly.
On this track at the exit of turn 1 there is a big white kurb you are allowed to put 4 wheels on it but not pass that kurb, at the inner loop you are allowed to put 4 wheels on the white kurbs but not pass them, at the exit of turn 10 there is also a big white kurb again you are allowed to put 4 wheels on it but but not pass it. these are the only exception on the track please refer to the track map below.
640px-Watkins_Glen_International_Circuit_Map.png

Pic1 and Pic 2

Note 7: The pit entry and exit is a bit tricky on that track, you are required for the pit entry to obey the pitlane line that start between turn 10 and 11 and to maintain a decent speed to avoid any incident. On the exit please stay to the right of the white line until it end and be very mindful of possible upcoming cars.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Yves Larose #69
  2. Rupe Wilson #67
  3. Antonio Tavares #7
  4. Ian Strom #57
  5. Guus Verver #79
  6. Steven Walker #22
  7. Rui F. Martins #28
  8. Peter van Zanten #88
  9. Norman Bruce #48
  10. Roland Warmenhoven #15
  11. Ross McGregor #76
  12. Warren Dawes #41
  13. Tim Ling #1
  14. Warren Schembri #16
  15. Hiroshi Awazu #44
  16. Rickard Norgren #14
  17. Neil Gault #76
  18. Eck Simpson #5
  19. Paul Barrass #98
  20. Krzysztof Babij #25
  21. Andreas Löffler #28
  22. Jason Holden-Jones #44
  23. Tony Wiltshire #57
  24. Pär Öqvist #48
  25. Christopher Hall-Nelson #7
  26. Christopher Mattiuz #22
  27. Marcin Piatkiewicz #15
  28. Jorge Ferreira #25
  29. Dave Flower #79
  30. Markus Hakamo #88
  31. Kjell Eilertsen #1
  32. Mate Orban #67
  33. Calum McLure #16
  34. Driver
  35. Driver
  36. Driver
RESERVE DRIVERS
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
Rules:

Pitting Rules and Procedure Click ME
Also rule: 8,&9 Failure to pit correctly will result in a penalty !

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.
and thanks to Yves for making this happen

Important please make sure to check if you have the skin #55 install if so delete it from the team folder its name is "PetrolheadsCATS55" the skin is most likely to cause problem. sorry i though i had it remove from the download file.

hmm. I'll go for #98 then, and also ask for HEEELP! I've always been slow online when I can't ram AI cars when cornering, but I had at least control of the car when going slower. I'm all over the place with this one... (I've just rebuilt my pc after putting in an ssd and re-installed afresh gtl, so am wondering if i had played around with my settings as well...)

i don't know what you should check on your configurations, the only advice i can give to you is to be gentle with the throttle in the corners, especially in this car, and brake early, then as you feel more comfortable you can push a bit harder, brale a bit later, but if you are strulling just be calm, and more important don't give up and keep practising. :thumbsup:
Regarding the settings i would check the throtlle and brake sensivity and the steering deadzone and sensivity, those are the only setting i change, the other settings i don't know how they work so i let them on default.

press Ctrl and move mouse forawad and backward or for another way but less movement
Left Mouse Button + Mouse Move Up adjust seat forward
Left Mouse Button + Mouse Move Down adjust seat aft
Right Mouse Button + Mouse Move Up adjust seat up
Right Mouse Button + Mouse Move Down adjust seat down

hmm. I'll go for #98 then, and also ask for HEEELP! I've always been slow online when I can't ram AI cars when cornering, but I had at least control of the car when going slower.

Dont worry, there are going to be aloooooooooooooot of us going slow in this race :)

My first ever online race was with this group (who are bloody awesome!!!!) and it was the '67 Bathurst 60 minute endurance race in April. I was as slow as anything but I actually lasted the whole 60 minutes without any damage to the car.
You will get more satisfaction in lasting the full distance than going fast for one lap and then spinning and crashing.

Yves has put up a good setup for the car here. You should check it out. It will help and try and get on the server this weekend as I suspect there will be people practicing this weekend. I've started watching people while they drive and it helps to see where they brake, etc and where you can pick up a little pace

enjoy-the-ride.jpg

Well said Warren :thumbsup:
I cant wait to have some fun in these cars:)

I will add this,
I dont mind how slow you drive as long as if you are being overtaken by the leaders (lapped )
hold your line on the straights don't move off the line your on keep going straight
If you on the inside of the track stay on the inside
if your on the outside stay on the outside.
try not to drive down the middle of the track
let them make the move to pass you you can ease of the gas to let them by.

If they meet you in a corner hold you line through the corner go as fast as you feel safe once again let them make the move to overtake you can then assist them by letting off the gas.
if you see them coming you can drive round the ouside of the bend but be carful not to crash or skid of track.
there is no need for you to drive your car off the track to let them by.. you are also in a race.

i remember my early days id see the leader coming up to me to lap me (i had that panic felling and made mistakes sliding of track) but when i just drove my race and kept cool it went so much better.
after a few races i could see them coming and now i can judge how quick they will catch me.
and leave the door wide open in a corner to let them have the inside line..
so just hold your line and you will do fine..

hope to see you on track over the weekend .. ill be on around race time
ill post when im on the server maybe we can do a few laps..:) have some fun

See you on track:)

i remember my early days id see the leader coming up to me to lap me (i had that panic felling and made mistakes sliding of track) but when i just drove my race and kept cool it went so much better.
after a few races i could see them coming and now i can judge how quick they will catch me.
and leave the door wide open in a corner to let them have the inside line..
so just hold your line and you will do fine..

I had the same problem when i started racing, i just got really nervous when i saw a faster car on my mirrors, to make things worse i was in a league with gt's and prototypes, so they would just fly by me, and it really scared me, but with the time and practice i learned how to make thing easier and keep calm, and now i don't have problems being overtaken most of the time

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.