GTC-TC-76 BMW2002tii @ Dijon-Prenois - Thu 18th April 2013

flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC76 BMW2002tii ( Download )
Track: Dijon-Prenois short & GP

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 14 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 14 laps )

Note 1: Race 1 we will use the Dijon-Prenois short circuit
Race 2 we will use the Dijon-Prenois GP circuit​
Note 2: We are using the BMW2002tii model that is car
#5,#31,#51,# 58,#72,#77,#91,#105,#112,#202,#203,#207
Note 3: only the skins that come with the mod please, and lets try and use all the liveries for a colourful grid.
Note 4: Unpack the mod into your main GT Legends folder
Note 5: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 6: We run a superpole qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action..
Note 6: Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways.Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly. AndThe kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times..

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson #105
  2. Senad Subasic
  3. Hans Sneep #91
  4. Warren Dawes #31
  5. Knut Omdal Tveito #58
  6. Jacob Boonstra
  7. Carlos Diaz
  8. Neil Gault #77
  9. Kjell Eilertsen #202
  10. Paul M Jones
  11. Yves Larose #5
  12. Rene van Zijp
  13. Roland Warmenhoven
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Neil Gault
I just saw my replay for race 2....Big sorry to Neil:redface:. I didn't feel a single thing as I passed you so I thought you hadn't fully recovered from your slight wiggle and lost it as I passed you. But looking at the replay it looks as if I grazed your rear left quarter as I passed and that was enough to upset your car. Sorry about that. Please know that if I knew it was my fault I would've stopped and waited for sure.

Well, my first ever online race with GTL :thumbsup: I'm glad that it was with you guys and not on a public server. Although i only raced the second half it was good fun even though i was far behind the pack :D but to finish 8th on my first time out i consider it as a decent result.

Main focus was to just stay on track, i did spin out three or four times and try not to Cole Trickle anyone off track:roflmao:

Thanks Rupe for letting me go a few laps more during qualifying.

These 2002's are A LOT more fun and harder to drive than the ones on Race07's Retro pack.

Yet another top combo. This may be the best BMW I have driven in any Sim, let alone GTL where we have some brilliant mods. It still had that BMW taileyness, but with this one, due to the softer suspension and body roll, when you reached the limit the car said "I'll at least give you a small chance to catch it before I bite you". You couldn't help but enjoy driving this car. :)

Race 1: I managed to jump Yves off the line and sneak into the lead. Unfortunately, many behind me had early incidents or spins, leaving me on my own in front. So I had a ball throwing the Beemer around and getting used to the driving feel.
Well done to Neil and Knut for the podium, looked like you both had a very tight battle.

Race 2: Much more interesting and challenging. I decided not to qualify, but still found myself starting P10, obviously a few others did the same thing. Again, the opening lap was full of spins and incidents, so I weaved my way up to P3 very early and tucked in behind Carlos. This started a race long scrap between us for the whole race. Carlos went wide on the downhill left hander (damned tricky turn that one), letting me sneak underneath and into P2. As Carlos and I duked it out, nose to tail, Knut was giving us all a driving lesson out front :notworthy: . Since Carlos and I didn't have anyone close behind, I felt comfy that we should both get the podium if we kept it clean (and stayed on the track). But Carlos was applying intense pressure, so I was pushing as hard as I could. I fully expected Carlos to draft past down the long straight every lap, but somehow he could close onto my tail but not get the pass, he even got alongside once. So, maybe I had a slightly different gearing (I was on the longest) giving me a tad more top end speed. To my surprise, we passed Knut in the pits getting more fuel :(, so now Carlos and I were battling for the win and it became even more intense. In the end I just edged Carlos out but it was a brilliant and enjoyable race between us, both absolutely equal. Thanks for a top race Carlos. :D
WD to Carlos and Jacob for the podium.

Huge thanks again to Rupe for organizing another cracker of an event. I'll be away for the next few Club Events but hope the fun continues until I return home. :)

Neil Gault
I just saw my replay for race 2....Big sorry to Neil:redface:. I didn't feel a single thing as I passed you so I thought you hadn't fully recovered from your slight wiggle and lost it as I passed you. But looking at the replay it looks as if I grazed your rear left quarter as I passed and that was enough to upset your car. Sorry about that. Please know that if I knew it was my fault I would've stopped and waited for sure.
no worries, i was a bit :( at the time but 10 minutes later i was fine. I have been lucky this last few weeks by avoiding incidents and it has paid off with many wins and podiums but i guess my luck had to break sometime

I guess that's netcode and latency messing it up for the two of you I reckon.
What a car, what a track, what a combo!
Had some unannounced guest coming over which made me miss out on the first race. That also left me little time to practice (which I ofc should have been doing during the week before the race :p) so I spun off during qualy and thus had to start from the back. Decided to start REALLY slow and easy and boy did that pay off! Soon found myself in 4th but being a newb with no practice I got stressed when the fatster lot of you caught up with me so I started making mistakes again and in a couple of laps I was at the very back of the pack. At this point I decided to re enable XD which was covering my rear view mirror (no need for that being last) but I accidently hit Esc instead of tilde which brought me to pit with a DNF. :(
A sad end to my race but rest assured I will be rebinding that key to somewhere safer on my keyboard :p

Thanks again to both GTL staff and members for making these Club events such great experiences, even on evenings like yesterday where nothing goes my way I'm still left with this great feeling of a evening well spent. You're all awesome!

Great choice again Rupe, this BMW indeed is awesome, and this track is still on my favs list!:thumbsup:
I just couldn't get the just-slide-it-around-the-corners driving style of you and Knut to work for me, and I found I was much quicker going through the corners slow and careful. If I ever master that these cars may be even more fun!

My racing wasn't all great tho:redface:, R1 lap 1 was a mess but as others were spinning I quickly rose from last to 4th into a comfy but lonely void, until out of nowhere my car got a mind of his own under braking for T1, and took me way into the gravel with only a few laps left. Finished somewhere mid-pack I think.

The few extra corners of the longer track layout made it even more tricky to drive, I had several offs including a serious encounter with the Armco, which left my car rather undriveable. Had to pit, but after a seemingy endless pitstop (I saw Knut and some others pass twice...:() my car still didn't feel as before. So for my own safety and that of others I decided to call it a night, as it'd been a long and tough day already.

Grats to all podium finishers, thanks to all racers, and especially to Rupe of course:thumbsup: for another great event. I'm just sorry I was too tired to enjoy it to the max..:unsure:

Yep great time driving this Beemer.
In the beginning i thougt: what the hell is this ... :confused: But after a while i got the hang of it :cool:
I didn't care that i lost it some times during the race, it was all fun to me.
Indeed a great choice Rupe, hope to see in more events!
Congrats fot the people on podium, oh thats includes myself for race 2.... But that didn't happen if someone filled up his tank before racing....;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back