GT5 GT5 Racing Club - Event Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea what kind of connection is generally needed? Mine actual is probably someting like 1000kbps / 300kbps, I doubt that would be enough to host, hope it is enough to attend...

Lol... I just asked that on the other page. :tongue: Your connection should be fine for playing, but I don't know about hosting. Races with just a few people should be ok (like this one at the moment), but you might struggle with more than 4-5.

My connection runs at around 4mbps/800kbps, which I hope will be enough for a full grid. I don't like to see the Euro events getting cancelled as it hardly entices others to come and race here. I'll try and get on tomorrow to host this one if I can.

Markus Hakamo said:
Umm, btw... isn't that today not tomorrow.

Lol... yeah yeah... I posted that at about 5am having not been to bed, so it didn't feel like 'today' at the time. :redface:

Tariq Gamil said:
Thanks for offering to host Ross . Can you tell me your PSN so that I can add you so that I can join your server?

Certainly. My PSNID is Goffik.

It looks like I should definitely be around for the event. Even if something comes up, I'll leave my PS3 on anyway so you guys can race.

Well, that was fun! :banana:

We unfortunately lost Tariq due to connection issues, but I invited a friend of mine (Br1ckt0p) so there were still four of us on the grid.

In race one I started third on the grid but surprised myself by squeezing by Br1ckt0p into the lead very early on. At this point I got some help from Markus... he started battling with Br1ckt0p which slowed them both down, meaning I was left alone for much of the race to pull out a nice little seven second lead. At some point in the last few laps it appears Br1ckt0p made a mistake, as he dropped back slightly. This freed up Markus and he quickly proved he was faster than me, as the gap started closing. With another 2-3 laps he probably would have caught me, but the race ended with me being five seconds ahead. Woot! Markus came home in second followed by Br1ckt0p in third and Ollie in fourth.

In race two I started last because of the reversed grid. I made a mistake almost immediately, and dropped fifteen seconds behind the others. Luckily for me, Ollie also made a mistake a short time later and dropped back with me. For most of the rest of the race we were battling away, constantly switching positions. The exact same thing was happening up front between Br1ckt0p and Markus. I though me and Ollie could catch up and make it a four man battle at one point as the gap was closing fast, but in the end Markus won the race just ahead of Br1ckt0p with Ollie in third and me a split-second behind him in last.

First and last! :tongue: Anyway, it was great fun and good quality racing. Looking forward to more of the same in future events. :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes