AC GT3 @ Nürburgring Nordschleife - Wed 21 May 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I'd really like to partecipate, but I have to practice on the track with someone before being sure to be a 'safe racer'.

@Gavin Hendley I'm a novice in online races too, if you know the nordschleife quite well, would you like to do some laps together? ;) send me an MP if that's ok for you!

I'm pretty far down the list now, how many people can enter the race? I don't really feel like practising when I won't be able to race Wednesday :/

I made my decision: sign me in please! :)

EDIT: I really need help with my setup :/

I've found that in the Mclaren (i haven't touched the Z4 at this track) you need a very balanced setup to run it with low rear wing. A couple clicks up on the ARB, 50-60% coast diff lock and a very steady throttle foot (also don't let off the throttle 100% EVER in the high speed corners or your car's bum will go straight into the wall)

I've found that in the Mclaren (i haven't touched the Z4 at this track) you need a very balanced setup to run it with low rear wing. A couple clicks up on the ARB, 50-60% coast diff lock and a very steady throttle foot (also don't let off the throttle 100% EVER in the high speed corners or your car's bum will go straight into the wall)

Thanks for the advices!! I use the Z4 instead.
So you suggest to keep a low rear wing.. I thought a medium setting would have helped..

Yesterday I tried a soft setting, lowering values of compression, of springs, of anti roll bar.. But the car feels not 'precise' entering in corners.. Tonight I will try something different! ;)

10153910.jpg

I'll drive anyway ^^

I'm pretty far down the list now, how many people can enter the race? I don't really feel like practising when I won't be able to race Wednesday :/

Well we have 4 server
each server can hold 17 drivers for this track
so we can potentially hold 68 drivers.

And as you may have seen a few drivers drop out after signing up.
So its a big thanks to drivers for signing out properly so others can take your spot :thumbsup:
and we hope to see you back soon in another event :)
If you sign up we expect you to be there.
Penalties will be given if you don't show up or sign out.
we spend allot of our time making up the list for the servers, at the expense of our own practice time, only to see a few members not bother to turn up and stop other drivers from racing.

We have a black book for such people and you name will be entered..and subsequently a suspension of your licence may be next.:(

Thanks for the advices!! I use the Z4 instead.
So you suggest to keep a low rear wing.. I thought a medium setting would have helped..

Yesterday I tried a soft setting, lowering values of compression, of springs, of anti roll bar.. But the car feels not 'precise' entering in corners.. Tonight I will try something different! ;)

It really isn't easy. i found that a setup that fits normal nurburgring GP circuit but a little softer and with adjusted gear ratios ( and again, careful throttle) can do very well

I finally managed a lap without getting killed. I think I can still be a lot quicker because there were some big and many small mistakes.
I found myself braking in places I did not need to brake while thinking I was on the limit, I only noticed I wasnt when I tried to take the corner without braking. This video might help

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.