AC GT3 @Mugello - Sat 30Dec18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Apologies for Exiting the race early.
I had a coming together on the first lap and after that, one of my rear tyres kept on letting me down and I was spinning on some tight left hand corners. Pitted and was doing ok but started getting tired.
What I reckon is that, well, I normally do 1.58's on this track but with a good bit of coaching from Tariq I was regularly doing 1,54's and often 1.53.5's which to me was awesome. I think the concentration levels I had during practicing were so intense, I just wore myself out.
I need to solidify Tariq's coaching and practice offline during the week and get back fresh as a daisy for Eugene's first race of 2018.
Thanks all for a good race.

Had an awesome time, thank you all and Bobby for staffing duties.

Was happy to qualify 5th and got a great jump at the start but unfortunately the Nissan in front didn't get going so I got off it and lost a few spots, but was not too worried as it lead to some great battles.

Have to say top notch driving to all during overtakes, mutual resoect was given and it worked really well.

Highlights would have to be sitting 2 seconds behind Bobby for a few laps, I was giving it all and would gain a few tenths, lose a few, awesome back and forth until I lost a bit of consistency and he was able to pull a gap.

Over shot my pit box and had to reverse lol then had a spin a few laps later and dropped a couple of spots which lead to great fun try to close the gap to Andrew, really had fun and enjoyed pushing the car as much as a dare.

Great to see an event on a Saturday night again (unfortunately can't make Sunday's as it's Monday morning for me)

Thanks all!

It was a wonderful race, thank you. Thanks to the director, Bobby. It was nice to see the respectable among the drivers.Thank you so much and Happy New Year!

Thanks all for a smashing race! Managed to get a good jump off the line and grab a few spots then spent most of the race waiting for the quicker guys to catch back up and get back past. See you all in the new year :)

@Ken Bell
Me too i struggled and spinned around with cold (lovely blue colour 95% of the time) tyres. :O_o:

I have to heel my motion sickness now :roflmao:

Congrats to the podium drivers
Thx to all for the race .
Hey Dan, I apologize for seeming harsh yesterday, but I have to do what i can for everyone in the room on TS. When we have an open mic that's too sensitive, we can hear everything and it can put a few of us off. All we ask is you use push to talk or lower your mic sensitivity. I know you eventually got on top of it so thank you for that. We do want you to be able to join in on the conversations so that's what the first part is about:)

Please do me a favor and take care of your in game name so it reflects your real name. It is an RD rule and cannot be dismissed again. Thank you for understanding. I really do hope you enjoyed your race and will stick with it. As you see, these boys are very helpful.

Had an awesome time, thank you all and Bobby for staffing duties.
You're more than welcome. Messages like this is why I do it. Love to hear guys having fun;)
Highlights would have to be sitting 2 seconds behind Bobby for a few laps, I was giving it all and would gain a few tenths, lose a few, awesome back and forth until I lost a bit of consistency and he was able to pull a gap.

Over shot my pit box and had to reverse lol then had a spin a few laps later and dropped a couple of spots which lead to great fun try to close the gap to Andrew, really had fun and enjoyed pushing the car as much as a dare.
That was pretty intense and I enjoyed it. I really wondered how our pit strategies would work out compared to one another. You pitted first so I had the advantage, but I botched my next 2 laps and thought you were going to pip me after my stop. When I came out I was like "Where is Shawn. I know he's already past:cautious::unsure::(" Then when I saw you behind me and chasing Andrew, I had no clue what happened. Now I do. Sorry for your bad luck hitting the pit box. I was really looking forward to that battle being continued;):)
Great to see an event on a Saturday night again (unfortunately can't make Sunday's as it's Monday morning for me)
Don't give up hope;):thumbsup:

Saturday showed me something as a Manager and I will be working with my guys to see if we can put something together on a regular or semi regular basis. It was really cool seeing EU and US guys coming together and sharing the tarmac:) I have wanted this for so long.

Now the race debrief. Please take the time to read this.
  • First let me say how well everyone handled themselves and how impressed I was to see you guys make a Saturday work. Big kudos for that:thumbsup:
  • Sign outs: Sign outs should be done at least 1 hour before Official Practice unless it's an emergency. Please make sure that you have all of your equipment, software etc in working order before Official Practice. That's why the practice servers are there. Take advantage of them:thumbsup: The EU club is a very popular club and you guys always have reserves on Sunday's races so when you sign out at the last minute, we cannot reset the server with the Reserve Drivers car of choice and that is a bummer for them and us as Race Hosts. You're just showing one another mutual respect by doing this.
  • English is the Language of RD period end of story: If you're in Team Speak you must use English or risk being kicked from the server. I wish I were smart enough to have a 2nd or 3rd language like a lot of you. Thanks for understanding.
  • Mic Levels: If you are unsure about your mic settings and sensitivity, please assign a button for Push To Talk. We want you to be a part of the conversation. It's one of the great things here at RD....the Social side. Plus you get to ask me questions and hear my stupid country accent:cautious:
  • Please use your mirrors, virtual mirror, Helicorsa or Crew Chief and work on situational awareness. I watched one of our drivers Stream and you could see from time to time that a few guys weren't that aware and NO I'm not talking about anyone in particular. It's something I try to work on all the time.
  • We had some New Guys racing with us and they handled themselves well. Great having you. Thank you Experienced Drivers for helping these boys out:thumbsup: You're a real credit to the Sim community.
Ok that's it. Once again, I thank you men for making me feel so welcome. I've really enjoyed it and I hope we've done a good job of covering for @Eugene Abramoff while he's been gallivanting around the world on his Private Jet with women fawning all over him:cool: See you on the Grid soon and have a very safe and Happy New Year.

Had a blast in these 2 races (this one & Friday night at Laguna) just wish I could race more often! Kept out of trouble and, more importantly, didn't screw up anyone else's race - not bad since these were the only racing I've done for 6 months.

Thanks to all the RD staff for their work throughout the year :thumbsup: - hopefully try to race more next year. Have a good one.

Oh - did anyone save their race replay - forgot to increase file size & only got the last ~10mins:(

Hey Dan, I apologize for seeming harsh yesterday, but I have to do what i can for everyone in the room on TS. When we have an open mic that's too sensitive, we can hear everything and it can put a few of us off. All we ask is you use push to talk or lower your mic sensitivity. I know you eventually got on top of it so thank you for that. We do want you to be able to join in on the conversations so that's what the first part is about:)

Please do me a favor and take care of your in game name so it reflects your real name. It is an RD rule and cannot be dismissed again. Thank you for understanding. I really do hope you enjoyed your race and will stick with it. As you see, these boys are very helpful.

Hey Bobby, my apologizes to you and all other drivers, for disturbing with my mic noises ,etc.
I think (TS is not so evident ) having sort it out now with a push to talk button .
Also I have changed (in steam) my ingame name to real name,hope it will be displayed correct in game
now.

As it was my first race in AC ,I'm still not yet familiar how to activate the "crew chief" !!??
(Helicorsa is activated)

Thx for your help and tips

Due to permanently cold tyres ,and wrong car setup
I did'nt really enjoy my race ,so my conclusion for this race is :learning by doing ;)

See you

Happy new year

Also I have changed (in steam) my ingame name to real name,hope it will be displayed correct in game
now.
You can change your Steam name back to what it was. Inside AC there is a place where you can put your "Online Name" which is what we need. If you use Content Manager, there is also a place to set it as well. I have both with my name in them and it took care of it for me. I was given a grace time to do this and you will be too. So don't be afraid of coming in again. One way to check is to use one of the practice servers when they're back up and you will be able to see your name on the Timing Screen when you're in the pits:)
Due to permanently cold tyres ,and wrong car setup
I did'nt really enjoy my race ,so my conclusion for this race is :learning by doing ;)
If you'll let me know what you are driving I'll always be willing to give you a simple setup that you should be able to use. It may not make you as fast or be as good as some of the Time Bandits, but it beats a stick in the eye;)

Happy New Year to you and yours as well:)

You can change your Steam name back to what it was. Inside AC there is a place where you can put your "Online Name" which is what we need. If you use Content Manager, there is also a place to set it as well. I have both with my name in them and it took care of it for me. I was given a grace time to do this and you will be too. So don't be afraid of coming in again. One way to check is to use one of the practice servers when they're back up and you will be able to see your name on the Timing Screen when you're in the pits:)

If you'll let me know what you are driving I'll always be willing to give you a simple setup that you should be able to use. It may not make you as fast or be as good as some of the Time Bandits, but it beats a stick in the eye;)

Happy New Year to you and yours as well:)

Thx for be willing helping with setup.

In private practice (not on the server):
I've practised with Porsche GT3R at a air temperature of 26 °C ,and my tyre (medium slick)
Pressure was 16-17 psi (cold). The car feels good and calculatable . (My fastest laptime : X.XX.X..., not fast but a good base)Edit: BP X'd out lap times.

In Race :
Due to cold tyre (medium slick) temp. my car was extremely sticky to drive . ( a lot of uncalculatable,unforseen spins at some corners) .

I had 95% of time dark blue tyre temp (front and REAR !! )
I don' t exactly fixed the cause ,but I think my low tyre temp. was due to low air temp at the race !!! ??? , ( same car carsetup ,exept fuel ,as in practice)

What was good cold tyre temp. for this race ?

My fault not to make attention on the race air temp.

Due to not having all dlc's I coud'nt pratice on the server before ( my fault too)

It's not easy as newby ,and so it will never be boring by learning all this sym racing setup possibilities.

My first aim is not to be the fastest (by far I never have a chance to reach top drivers respectable fast lap times)
But a race with a feelgood carsetup ,without mutiple unforseen spins will be very enjoyable for me

In this sense ,I have to learn a lot about carsetup ,and will come back
as soon as possible.

It is a real pleasure for me having found and being member in RD.
Symracing is became a real challeng now

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back