rF2 GT3 Club @ Sebring International - Friday 18th September 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Was a good Race! unfortunately tero spun directly after an overtake and i had nowhere to go which caused a small suspension damage and 3 laps later my wheel just said goodbye... i think it's completely done now... fortunately i'll get a new one at the end of this month :)

Mysterious mix-up with the Z4s. I had obviously practiced with an older version of BES Z4 (Palttala's car) since it looked and felt different on the server. Set-ups were not fully compatible. I tried to fix this during practice, but had not enough time. Switched to the Vette, which I had tried for a couple of laps. Tero shared his setup, which was stable enough, so I could make a half-decent quali-lap. Nevertheless I spun on the first race lap, half-destroying my front right tyre. Kept going until a driver, who didn't seem to realize I was on his right side, pushed me off the track.

Was a good Race! unfortunately tero spun directly after an overtake and i had nowhere to go which caused a small suspension damage and 3 laps later my wheel just said goodbye... i think it's completely done now... fortunately i'll get a new one at the end of this month :)
Yeah, my driving was really messy. Apologies! But I had fun :)

Thanks everyone! :)

This was my second race on-line and it was really fun and gave me a taste for more.
Had a spin at one of the early laps, which I think Tero suffered a bit from, sorry for that. The rest of the race went fine and I even caught up a couple of drivers and had some exciting racing at the end.

Struggled with a severe understeer so I have to go back to garage and work on my setup skills.

Another fun event. :thumbsup:
A promising start in the midfield seemed a good way to enter in good battles but soon after an incident made me spin and had to recover from the back.
This made things interesting because saving the tires wasn't a choice and had to push to gain several positions. :D

This was my second race on-line and it was really fun and gave me a taste for more.
Had a spin at one of the early laps, which I think Tero suffered a bit from, sorry for that. The rest of the race went fine and I even caught up a couple of drivers and had some exciting racing at the end.

Struggled with a severe understeer so I have to go back to garage and work on my setup skills.
Like Ricardo no apologies needed, but I appreciate it :) You did nothing wrong. Sometimes things happen and other people get caught up in them.

Relative tyre wear (front vs. rear) is something you want to keep balanced with setup in races. Of course it's less of an issue in shorter races but the longer the race/stint the more important that is. It helps to do longer runs in practice and have either TrackMap, DashMeterPro or some other software that displays tyre wear in percentages as it makes it easier to keep an eye on tyre wear. The in-game display makes in difficult to see small differences so you have to do longer runs.

Like Ricardo no apologies needed, but I appreciate it :) You did nothing wrong. Sometimes things happen and other people get caught up in them.

Thanks! That's comforting to know. :thumbsup:

Relative tyre wear (front vs. rear) is something you want to keep balanced with setup in races. Of course it's less of an issue in shorter races but the longer the race/stint the more important that is. It helps to do longer runs in practice and have either TrackMap, DashMeterPro or some other software that displays tyre wear in percentages as it makes it easier to keep an eye on tyre wear. The in-game display makes in difficult to see small differences so you have to do longer runs.

Yes, I realised this. My understeer was'nt too bad at first but just grew worse and worse. At the end only 70% (TrackMap) of the front tyres were left and degrading. So I had to go really careful when braking and in the fast corners just to stay on track and get to the end.

Anyway, this was a good lesson. So far with rF2, most of the time I've been fiddeling round with several cars on several tracks (which is also fun ) not really doing a substantial number of consecutive laps in one track-car combination. But to really improve I think I need to get more focused and these club races is really a good inspiration and incitement for that.

My former simracing experience has almost exclusivley been with F1 cars (Geoff Crammond GP) and some rally, so driving GT-cars is all new to me. I'm quite confident on how to go faster in a Formula open wheeler but I feel I have'nt grasped the basic driving technique for GT-cars yet. So when trying to push a GT-car to go faster I easily fall back to "old habits" which does'nt make things better.

So any tips on "common mistakes when a F1 driver enters a GT-car" would be much appreciated. :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back