AC GT3 @ Brands Hatch - Sunday 19th of March 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hey guys, thanks for the race tonight really enjoyed it, despite my last minute decision to come have some fun :)

From my perspective it looked like a nice clean race with some good battling back in the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th places between a few of us...

I put the car p5 in quali which was a surprise and got an average start, then when checking to my inside I looked up and found a window full of bright red Ferrari going slow up front! One spare pair of underwear later and managed to avoid a crash but found myself back in 9th again and on the chase :)

Had some nice battles with a few guys, the Mercedes and 911 in particular (sorry didn't have name tags on so don't know who it was :( ) until dropping the car on the last lap and limping home in 7th place.

Great race, superb driver from @IRobot I think it was who won, and thanks again to @SenseR for the pitwall advice once he lost the car mid race :)

Great fun and I'm getting myself signed up for the next one straight away! See you all next Sunday at Mugello!

Next race link - http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gt3-mugello-sunday-26th-of-march-2017.133347/#post-2427489

Let's all get signed up nice and early folks so we can get ourselves a nice full grid. I fancy 24 cars at Mugello people! :D

Cheers @Eugene Abramoff for setting up the race fella :thumbsup:

sorry guys, had to bail out... the car was fast enough to take second place but unpredictable, I wasn't able to get tyre management right in time. mediums were too cold and the rear softs were occasionally overheating making them spin out in the worst moments possible... it was too dangerous to continue :cry:

Ferrari is a challenging a car, its very braking sensitive, if you brake too hard to late, you'll spin. Thats why I like it, you can learn a lot from it, because it has a mind of its own a little. Keep working on it and you will be well rewarded.

Thanks guys, great race up front!
Guess my tire / pit strategy didn't fully work out but still some great **** there :D

No idea how Stephen kept the Softs alive.. I call h4x :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

20170319213732_1n8zku.jpg

Bloody tyres, my set of hards were as cold as pure driven snow all sodding race :roflmao: Even my devious plan of spinning a couple of times to feed some heat into them failed to do the trick! Mediums next time me thinks...

Thanks for this intense and clean race guys! As I said my first race here and my first race since years for such a long distance, sweating like hell. :confused: Spinning out after about twenty minutes after a lack of concentration and then had a nice battle with you Paul and some others. :)

The Mercedes was a lot better as I expected (remembered that the special event @ zandvoort was horrible) and I was just enjoying the sound the whole time. :rolleyes:
Only thing I was unsure about were the tires and I decided to take the hard ones, next time I'll take the mediums for sure!

I'm definitely showing up for some upcoming races, premium membership already payed off. :thumbsup:

Ferrari is a challenging a car, its very braking sensitive, if you brake too hard to late, you'll spin. Thats why I like it, you can learn a lot from it, because it has a mind of its own a little. Keep working on it and you will be well rewarded.

I like the 488 too and usually I can handle it pretty well I'd say but this time the rear left gave me trouble as the soft tyres where overheating at times. Thought I can handle it but turned out to be not the case. It's probably a thing related to Brands Hatch giving a lot of pressure to the rear left tyre and making it loose traction under acceleration in certain corners. Next time I'll probably use the mediums for the race like I did before. ;)

then had a nice battle with you Paul and some others. :)

Ahh it was you then :) I was following your Merc for so long it felt like I was in the middle of a Project CARS 2 trailer :D

Hopefully next week I'll be able to spend more time concentrating on racing and less time clinging on to the wheel for dear life !

I like the 488 too and usually I can handle it pretty well I'd say but this time the rear left gave me trouble as the soft tyres where overheating at times. Thought I can handle it but turned out to be not the case. It's probably a thing related to Brands Hatch giving a lot of pressure to the rear left tyre and making it loose traction under acceleration in certain corners. Next time I'll probably use the mediums for the race like I did before. ;)

488 has very planted rear and if you throw it hard into a corner, the front will bite and turn in and the rear will hold on, but put a lot of strain on outside rear tire. I remember that being a case at Imola. I think its because that tire takes most of inertia on it. You just have to be smoother on the entry and maybe a bit more aggressive on throttle to rotate on the exit. As far as I remember the second part will distribute load between both rears more evenly, even, if only a little bit, and that should keep them working, very clever diff, just don't be straight up oversteering.

Hope it makes sense.

488 has very planted rear and if you throw it hard into a corner, the front will bite and turn in and the rear will hold on, but put a lot of strain on outside rear tire. I remember that being a case at Imola. I think its because that tire takes most of inertia on it. You just have to be smoother on the entry and maybe a bit more aggressive on throttle to rotate on the exit. As far as I remember the second part will distribute load between both rears more evenly, even, if only a little bit, and that should keep them working, very clever diff, just don't be straight up oversteering.

Hope it makes sense.

I think so. :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back