AC GT3 @ Mugello - Sunday 26th of March 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
GT3.jpg

Challenging Mugello never disappoint

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU GT3
Cars: Kunos' GT3 (BMW Z4 GT3, Nissan GTR GT3, Audi R8 LMS, Lamborghini Huracan GT3, McLaren 650S GT3, Mercedes AMG GT3, Ferrari 488 GT3, 911 GT3 R)
Track: Mugello

Practice: 18:30 GMT (60 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 GMT (15 minutes)
Race: 19:45 GMT (45 Minutes)

Entry List
  1. Eugene Abramoff (488)
  2. Paul Jeffrey (Huracan)
  3. Iceman_23 (R8)
  4. ionONE1 (Z4)
  5. BhZ (488)
  6. asr (GTR)
  7. Magnus Stjerneby (Z4)
  8. Enzo Fazzi (650s)
  9. AdamC6 (911)
  10. Paolo Ugetti (Nissan GTR)
  11. Marcello Caneschi (Nissan GTR)
  12. Geof (488)
  13. James Wilson (Z4)
  14. azerty36 (R8)
  15. Kek700 (GTR)
  16. SenseR (911)
  17. Lucanus69 (R8)
  18. celeste (488)
  19. rikirk (488)
  20. PD07 (650S)
  21. simon nicholson (Z4)
  22. Free slot (Z4)
  23. Solli93 (911)
  24. Free slot (R8)

1. Reserve slot
  2. Reserve slot
  3. Reserve slot
  4. Reserve slot

UTP #56 PJ

Last edited:

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Glad you have picked up the GT3 fever

Positively pi55 wet through in fever my friend! Despite my woeful lack of preparation, once I managed to keep the wheels on the black stuff it proved to be a whole bunch of fun :)

I quite like Mugello so that should help, Brands GP has always been somewhat of a bogey track for me so I'm glad it's over to be fair :roflmao:

If there will be too many Italian cars on Italian grid I could take Audi R8 LMS , simply love it :D

I'm all for as many Italian cars as there can be, maybe Maserati will come back one day too, like they planned, but had to put the efforts aside for now unfortunately. Unless they wanted to convert GT MC into GT3 and the realized it would work better in GT4. Would be nice some day anyway.

I'm all for as many Italian cars as there can be, maybe Maserati will come back one day too, like they planned, but had to put the efforts aside for now unfortunately. Unless they wanted to convert GT MC into GT3 and the realized it would work better in GT4. Would be nice some day anyway.
So there will be festival of Italian cars :D Guys I have one question , maybe stupid but I wanted to know something ... What is the diferences between GT3 cars and GT 2 in the building of the car , aerodynamic and mechanical ? Is it huge diferences between this kind of cars ?

So there will be festival of Italian cars :D Guys I have one question , maybe stupid but I wanted to know something ... What is the diferences between GT3 cars and GT 2 in the building of the car , aerodynamic and mechanical ? Is it huge diferences between this kind of cars ?

There is not a huge difference, but there is non the less. GT2, which is called GTE (or GTLM in USA) since 2011, have more efficient aerodynamics, so more downforce with less drag, they have different regulations when it comes to power, not sure what they are, but they have less power than GT3. GTE runs exclusively on Michelin tires and they have better compounds than GT3 (for example Pirellis from Blancpain and PWC). GTE also have no ABS. These are all things I can come up with from on top of my head.

Basically GTE, designed with endurance races in mind, are more efficient than GT3, they are faster overall, but not down the straights.

With latest gen cars, GTE and GT3 are even closer to each other. For example in order to convert 488 GT3 into GTE, you only have to change engine (don't know why), rear wing, and some more minor miscellaneous things (I think). GTE are still quite a bit more expensive.
Though I think GTE is heading away from GT3 and more towards GT1, probably because of Ford's initiatives and Porsche following similar path. On cars like 488 and M6, GT3 and GTE specs just happen to cross each other at this particular point on a time line of development.

There is not a huge difference, but there is non the less. GT2, which is called GTE (or GTLM in USA) since 2011, have more efficient aerodynamics, so more downforce with less drag, they have different regulations when it comes to power, not sure what they are, but they have less power than GT3. GTE runs exclusively on Michelin tires and they have better compounds than GT3 (for example Pirellis from Blancpain and PWC). GTE also have no ABS. These are all things I can come up with from on top of my head.

Basically GTE, designed with endurance races in mind, are more efficient than GT3, they are faster overall, but not down the straights.

With latest gen cars, GTE and GT3 are even closer to each other. For example in order to convert 488 GT3 into GTE, you only have to change engine (don't know why), rear wing, and some more minor miscellaneous things (I think). GTE are still quite a bit more expensive.
Though I think GTE is heading away from GT3 and more towards GT1, probably because of Ford's initiatives and Porsche following similar path. On cars like 488 and M6, GT3 and GTE specs just happen to cross each other at this particular point on a time line of development.

Ok now i see everything better :D ! There is for example Blancpain Sprint and Endurance ... and participants of this two series are GT3 cars ? One more question also ... GT3 cars have got ABS and TC or just ABS ?

Really thank you very much for the explanation !!! :)

Ok now i see everything better :D ! There is for example Blancpain Sprint and Endurance ... and participants of this two series are GT3 cars ? One more question also ... GT3 cars have got ABS and TC or just ABS ?

Really thank you very much for the explanation !!! :)

You are very welcome! :thumbsup: Yes, Blancpain main series only allows GT3. They have both multistep TC and ABS which can be disabled.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 120 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000