AC GT3 @ Barcelona - Sunday 9th of April 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
You know well that as for league races, in case of racing incidents and/or bad behaviours against Club Rules there are racing reports that might be submitted via pm to RD that are judged by third party admins and staff members.
That kind of post "I was wright - No you were wrong" do not give any learning at all, just dissatisfaction, IMO.

Nobody was exactly right in this situation, it is best that we do indeed let it go. I think everyone realize what their mistakes were by now.

I know and you're right @Glaurung :thumbsup: and indeed @Eugene Abramoff maybe this is enough from this matter, at least from me:)

I had already got hot tires because of another spin when you got me and I was surprised of myself keeping up.

To RD:
Thank you Eugene for hosting another great race!! I have so much to learn and I am so grateful to be part of this. WD!!!

I know! You span but somehow didnt loose any ground!? A talent i am very envious of! Haha it was impressive!

Yes indeed, my thanks also go out to @Eugene Abramoff for hosting another fun and educational race! :)

I don't see nothing wrong if we discuss these things and I don't see nothing angry in any post either. If you don't talk about what happened then how can people learn from mistakes like these.
The first post is clearly from an angry driver. I wasn't in the race but i watched the video. I think Eugene is not totally wrong, altough i have to admit that, if i were the car behind, i would be a bit frustrated since there is aerodinamic disturbance (can i call it that way? dunno) and i'd want to get rid of him as fast as i can. Speaking of T5, Dmitry is at fault in my opinion. The attempt was a clear dive, which failed since he was going way too long. Plus, from the photo that he just posted, you can see how when Eugene started turning, the front tyre of Dmitry was way behind the left tyre of Eugene. So Eugene has the right to go and Dmitry was way out of place. Eugene might be at fault for not letting him go in the straight after the first lap (or even earlier) but Dmitry is at fault with the overtake. Now, we can talk about the apex for the entire day, the truth is that Dmitry was going to miss the apex, clearly. You can even see it from the screenshot.
This is obviously my opinion and i could be wrong.

I would suggest to ignore the blue flags in the Club races, so the slower drivers don't have to keep watching the mirrors, the map and some other tools increasing the chances to make even more mistakes. The faster guys have just another car to pass :whistling:

I would suggest to ignore the blue flags in the Club races, so the slower drivers don't have to keep watching the mirrors, the map and some other tools increasing the chances to make even more mistakes. The faster guys have just another car to pass :whistling:
No way. I often had close races with florian, geoffroy and others. A lapped guy would ruin it. Plus, lapped guys are often 2-3 seconds slower at best. They are extremely dangerous for a faster car.

Nissan GTr GT3

I am not very quick on the track, tend to be slow at some points (this is were I usually get punted off) "I brake early" and reasonable in other places. this does not make for quick lap times.

So my "main" aim is to stay on the track "if I can" for the whole duration of the race.

my setup's are "always" done with this aim in mind.

I run quite a lot of "toe in" on the rear. help's stabilize the rear.
quite a lot of "toe out at the front" this is to try and help turn in and
put some temperature into the front tyres,( usually due to my slower pace ).
I also always run soft compound, my pace nearly always make them last up to 45 min in a race.
quite a lot of diff "rear coast" to help stabilise the rear on corner entry
quite a small amount of diff power "prefer wheel spin to over steer. (watch rear tyre temperatures)
these can be altered depending on skill and pace.

the reason I like the Nissan GTR is because it is quite a forgiving GT3.
I always use a good amount of traction control.
I always use a good amount of ABS.
I always, if I have time [ I do not do much practice] keep backing these two value
off until I start getting problems with braking or too much wheel spin.
"my reactions are too slow to deal with "over steer"
after few laps, I then balance out front and rear tyre pressures. (always read the same for most of the lap (rear axle, front axel)), I always use assetto corsa tyre pressures unless they are really are very cold then I start to think about dropping pressures,
(you then start to not get an even spread across the tyre I am not that convinced this is a good idea)
then I get the gearing to be within a few hundred revs at the end of the longest straight.
( get as near as you can, always leave some for drafting on long straights)
I usually leave suspension alone dampers roll bars etc. even if I lower the car.
these are only played with if the car is still awkward to drive.
if these are messed with it means adjusting camber, re-adjusting toe etc. etc..
I am just not competitive enough to worry about this.

I hope this helps those starting out, this is for absolute beginner's (that me too).
I have supposedly uploaded my setup for the Nissan GTR for Barcelona.
I was asked to do something on a Nissan GTR Gt3 I hope I have not gone over the top.

The above is my normal route with any car I drive.
when "you" not me get really quick most of the above probably stops applying.

one other point, the above is always toned down the easier a car is to keep on the track.

Thank you for this excellent guide!

The first post is clearly from an angry driver. I wasn't in the race but i watched the video. I think Eugene is not totally wrong, altough i have to admit that, if i were the car behind, i would be a bit frustrated since there is aerodinamic disturbance (can i call it that way? dunno) and i'd want to get rid of him as fast as i can. Speaking of T5, Dmitry is at fault in my opinion. The attempt was a clear dive, which failed since he was going way too long. Plus, from the photo that he just posted, you can see how when Eugene started turning, the front tyre of Dmitry was way behind the left tyre of Eugene. So Eugene has the right to go and Dmitry was way out of place. Eugene might be at fault for not letting him go in the straight after the first lap (or even earlier) but Dmitry is at fault with the overtake. Now, we can talk about the apex for the entire day, the truth is that Dmitry was going to miss the apex, clearly. You can even see it from the screenshot.
This is obviously my opinion and i could be wrong.
I already wrote that I braked a bit (maybe 1 meter) too late into that corner, and if it was an overtaking for a position situation I'd take all the blame for it. Again, it was not done on purpose to take Eugene out unlike he suggested. And if he paid some attention to his mirrors he could've easily let me go and nobody would've got hurt. I did check the previous lap and his line was almost the same, less than a half car width closer to the inside with basically the same turn in point, so it's not that he made a lot of effort to avoid that contact and let me pass. Here's his turn in point and you can see my bumper at his rear wheels level

yaa7zxR.jpg

I still could've probably passed him there if I nailed the corner, though I'm not 100% sure because if you hug the inside you will get a very slow exit and he wasn't really driving like he was going to make it an easy pass as previous corners clearly showed.

My point is that this was a perfect example of a slow guy who had no skin in the game at that moment ruining the other guy's race. I was losing more than a second per lap being stuck behind and @Tomi was catching up with me quickly. Anyone paying attention to the race and not just cruising around would've recognized that and let both of us through at the very first moment possible not impeding our chase that had been going since lap 1. And yes, I was pissed off after the race especially because it was not some random guy who did that.

P.S. I did a WEC race the other day and there situations of faster LMP cars making divebombing inside passes and I always left them as much space as I could going ultra-wide and turning in late despite I didn't have to according to multi-class racing rules and even though there was another GT car chasing me mere couple of seconds behind. Because I knew I was much slower and they had they own battles going and by making it an easy pass for them I would not really lose a lot of time. There's no need to stop on the track to let a faster car go, but some people just don't understand that.
Anyway, I'm not going to continue here anymore, I think the situation is clear enough, we both made mistakes, unfortunately it cost me a position. I would appreciate if slower guys paid more attention to their mirrors and showed a bit of courtesy on the track, even in club races

Last edited:
@demetri when you hit Eugene, you were still braking. That's not just 1 meter late. Anyway, speaking of courtesy, in a WEC race the lmps cars were wrong. Those cars shouldn't dive. They should stay behind until they can do a safe pass, which means you shouldn't have to take the turn as large as you can. We saw the same problem in the Vesaro league, where many incidents happened because of that. A lapped gt car has his own race and since the lmp1 cars are way faster, they will find the right moment to overtake. Anyway, the situation between you and Eugene is different. Next time anyway, since we all are on teamspeak, just call the blue flag like i did at the nurburgring.

Hi!
If You look at the posts there was a lot of drama in this race :)
And it was only a club race. But isn't it why we all love racing?

For me it was one of the best races. Great start, went from 10th to 5th due to some action at start and T1.
Then I got my rhythm right and pushed on going after P4 @Marco Forestieri and holding off the P6. I had to push so hard all the time that my fuel calculations went high wire and I ran out of fuel on the last lap around the t12 but managed to cruise down to the finish line. Even without the fuel I managed to secure the P6 which is a great result for me :)

Thanks again You all for this great race and see You next time!

Just my point of view..

it's a race, back marker are part of it.
If it was just about how quick you are we would declare the winner of qualifying as the winner.
And not bother with the race.
Front runners should wait on back markers, so as to catch up when they can't make that last second or so.
Thats part of the skill, dealing with these situations.
The race car owns the section of track they race on, it does not mean you can punt them off otherwise
We would call it demolishion derby.
Yes, back marker should assist at the first opportunity, it does not mean stopping, it means at the first striaght pull right over and come of the accelerator slightly, unless you are against a LMP car.

One other note, it is difficult with the distorted rear view mirror to access the car behind's position,
It sometimes catches me out when they appear in my side mirror how close they are.

Just my point of view..

it's a race, back marker are part of it.
If it was just about how quick you are we would declare the winner of qualifying as the winner.
And not bother with the race.
Front runners should wait on back markers, so as to catch up when they can't make that last second or so.
Thats part of the skill, dealing with these situations.
The race car owns the section of track they race on, it does not mean you can punt them off otherwise
We would call it demolishion derby.
Yes, back marker should assist at the first opportunity, it does not mean stopping, it means at the first striaght pull right over and come of the accelerator slightly, unless you are against a LMP car.

One other note, it is difficult with the distorted rear view mirror to access the car behind's position,
It sometimes catches me out when they appear in my side mirror how close they are.
Agree on that. I'd add that helicorsa is a must have to race. I understand some of you prefer to "keep it real", but i think that your first goal should be "dont ruin the race for others". Plus, some real race cars have sensors of proximity that tell the driver the position of close cars. Minimap is another app that should be always on. If you spin and finish in the gravel, there's no way to know if a car is coming. These apps should be mandatory imho.

@demetri when you hit Eugene, you were still braking. That's not just 1 meter late.
I wasn't braking at the moment of contact. You can see it on the first screenshot. Brake lights are off and I'm turning too though I'm going to miss the apex by that one meter probably.
May be my 150 ping played some role there. Certainly this doesn't help in close situations.

Can't use team speak as all buttons on my wheel are taken and I'm not sure if people even have it on. I mute mine when the race starts in order not to be distracted

I wasn't braking at the moment of contact. You can see it on the first screenshot. Brake lights are off and I'm turning too though I'm going to miss the apex by that one meter probably.
May be my 150 ping played some role there. Certainly this doesn't help in close situations.

Can't use team speak as all buttons on my wheel are taken and I'm not sure if people even have it on. I mute mine when the race starts in order not to be distracted
I mute it as well but i keep the keyboard close and eventually unmute it on the straight to call the blue flag or say sorry in case of incident.

I mute it as well but i keep the keyboard close and eventually unmute it on the straight to call the blue flag or say sorry in case of incident.
You probably mean you're using push to talk, that's different. I mute incoming TemSpeak sound for the whole length of the race because it distracts me and interferes with CrewChief app that I'm using, so if someone's hanging by my rear bumper and asks me to yield I won't hear that. But I don't have to be reminded about blue flags because I actually use my mirrors and make room for the lapping car as soon as possible as I know first hand how annoying that can be from their point of view.

If you're talking about virtual mirror you should change its FOV. It's not so good if it show cars further than they actually is.

If you're talking about virtual mirror you should change its FOV. It's not so good if it show cars further than they actually is.
I actually prefer it that way. There's a reason why they do that. An high fov will enhance the speed difference between your car and your opponent's car. This allow you to understand extremely quickly if the car behind you is catching you and if it can try to overtake you. The less time you spend watching the rear mirror, the better and this is the only way to do that. Afaik, iracing does that by default. Assetto Corsa doesn't (at least not as iRacing).

You probably mean you're using push to talk, that's different. I mute incoming TemSpeak sound for the whole length of the race because it distracts me and interferes with CrewChief app that I'm using, so if someone's hanging by my rear bumper and asks me to yield I won't hear that. But I don't have to be reminded about blue flags because I actually use my mirrors and make room for the lapping car as soon as possible as I know first hand how annoying that can be from their point of view.
No i'm not talking about push to talk. I usually keep the game sound very high, so that i can't understand what people say and it distract me a lot less. At the same time i can unmute my mic and talk...what wheel do you have?

I find it the exact opposite. With a wide FOV I can't see the speed difference until the very last moment when it is usually too late to make any maneuver. I have a much better feeling about speed difference with a normal FOV and it always caught me off guard during my short iRacing experience. Maybe it's a personal preference thing though, but I drive with 100% accurate FOV and also use normal FOV for mirrors

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.7%