AC GT3 @ Barcelona - Sunday 9th of April 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
what's happened ??? i was log in on server but there wasn t anyone... :( afterward i have logout and i see another Server EU GT3 ... :( now i can't log-in ...

There were 2 servers, 1 was called Practice.
I saw that you started typing on TS, but it was already almost race time, so I had to give the places to others. I didn't know you were coming, I guess there was a misunderstanding and lack of information from me. Sorry about that.
There are always going to be 2 servers from now on, one of them will be called FP or Practice, and thats just for people to be able to practice before official session.
Always make sure to come on to TS and ask someone, if there is a situation like that. I'm sorry you couldn't join this time.

Dispite getting tagged at the begining and dropping to 21st im pretty happy that i was able to fight back to equal my best finish of 10th place! :) good race guys shame about the spin @rikirk! I was enjoying that little battle :)

Thought RD staff would know what blue flags mean :mad:
GR otherwise, nice battle with @Tomi, grats to FinnTeam for the double podium
I know the flag rules well enough, but it's not like I was deliberately blocking you. I was going at my pace and I was going to let you through once you got close to me, but you decided taking me out was a better solution, before I could even get out of the way myself. Hardly a good sportsmanship.

There were 2 servers, 1 was called Practice.
I saw that you started typing on TS, but it was already almost race time, so I had to give the places to others. I didn't know you were coming, I guess there was a misunderstanding and lack of information from me. Sorry about that.
There are always going to be 2 servers from now on, one of them will be called FP or Practice, and thats just for people to be able to practice before official session.
Always make sure to come on to TS and ask someone, if there is a situation like that. I'm sorry you couldn't join this time.
surely this is the reason , i was too concentrate to setup hhehehe was practise session infact ....

Sorry for the guys effected by my bad start!
Thought we could shift into first gear at the start of the race ... only noticed once the red lights were on that it wasn't the case + i had TC/ABS off. (server settings from last night were different)
Last thing i remember was looking at the Nissan behind me and giving him enough space ... suddenly i was in the wall.

Yeah, I started behind you @ionONE1 and found myself with nowhere to go anyway. It was compounded by a Porsche spinning me on lap 2 even though I left more than enough space. A bit gutted as my Quali time was actually 1s faster than my PB at the time, and I was really happy to start in P7, when I was expecting a P12-P16 start. Actually, I was more than happy after all the trouble actually getting the car into a driveable state, and your advice helped me get there, so huge thanks for that.

A further mistake on my part later on after a silly lapse in concentration pretty much sealed my fate in the bottom half of the field.

I know the flag rules well enough, but it's not like I was deliberately blocking you. I was going at my pace and I was going to let you through once you got close to me, but you decided taking me out was a better solution, before I could even get out of the way myself. Hardly a good sportsmanship.
If I wanted to take you out I could've done it much earlier when @Tomi wasn't right on my tail. You have nobody blame but yourself because it's you turned into me. You were driving like you were alone on the track and were holding me for good 3/4 of a lap, starting from that slowest left hander where I had to slow down to avoid hitting you. You and the Porsche guy a couple of laps before cost me good 4-5 seconds total, but he at least was smart enough to lift off a bit in T3 and let me pass after making a mess in T1 and T2. Watch this and think about sportmanship:

@demetri - Two sides to the story here, I agree that Eugene could have let you by earlier but the contact is on you. I see you dive bombing from way back in the braking zone then missing your apex and pushing out onto Eugene's line causing the contact.

If I wanted to take you out I could've done it much earlier when @Tomi wasn't right on my tail. You have nobody blame but yourself because it's you turned into me. You were driving like you were alone on the track and were holding me for good 3/4 of a lap, starting from that slowest left hander where I had to slow down to avoid hitting you. You and the Porsche guy a couple of laps before cost me good 4-5 seconds total, but he at least was smart enough to lift off a bit in T3 and let me pass after making a mess in T1 and T2. Watch this and think about sportmanship:

I might've held you up a little in T3 and T4, not before that.
T5 was you own fault, you had perfect opportunity to get through, but you outbraked yourself going straight, where anyone would expect their opponent to turn while they are divebombing like that, so I turned in, keeping the outside line still, because you obviously should've been on the inside, which would've been perfectly fine for both. You however, hardly made an attempt to turn.
Blue flag or not, backmarkers are never expected to stop and wait for lead cars to pass, I gave you adequate space, I was far on the outside but you failed to make a clean pass, failed to make a turn even.
Maybe rewatch your own "evidence" a few times.

Dispite getting tagged at the begining and dropping to 21st im pretty happy that i was able to fight back to equal my best finish of 10th place! :) good race guys shame about the spin @rikirk! I was enjoying that little battle :)

I had already got hot tires because of another spin when you got me and I was surprised of myself keeping up.

To RD:
Thank you Eugene for hosting another great race!! I have so much to learn and I am so grateful to be part of this. WD!!!

I had already got hot tires because of another spin when you got me and I was surprised of myself keeping up.

To RD:
Thank you Eugene for hosting another great race!! I have so much to learn and I am so grateful to be part of this. WD!!!
Happy to do this for you guys! Racing in the clubs is a great way to learn while having lots of fun.

OK, I might have braked a bit late (even though on my replay I'm braking even earlier than you) but it wasn't on purpose to hit you trust me, and there was still a car width to the right of you, so no contact would've happened if you kept it all the way wide, instead of moving swiftly to the middle like if there was nobody there. OK, I could've held it tighter, but I didn't, still there was enough space for both of use to make this turn. And you don't have to stop, but why hanging in front of a leading car especially when you are not battling someone else? Did I have to give you a bump for you to realize that you're slowing me down? Ever heard of dirty air and how it affects the driver behind?

I don't see nothing wrong if we discuss these things and I don't see nothing angry in any post either. If you don't talk about what happened then how can people learn from mistakes like these.
You know well that as for league races, in case of racing incidents and/or bad behaviours against Club Rules there are racing reports that might be submitted via pm to RD that are judged by third party admins and staff members.
That kind of post "I was wright - No you were wrong" do not give any learning at all, just dissatisfaction, IMO.

Blue flag or not, backmarkers are never expected to stop and wait for lead cars to pass
No, but blue flagged should also realize that when gap is under 1sec. driving behind other car changes notably and it's very hard to get close enough. It doesn't matter even if he is 2sec. faster per lap it's still hard to pass.

So you can't expect that leading car just fly pass you if you drive your own pace. You really have to clearly slow down because you are lap behind.

No, but blue flagged should also realize that when gap is under 1sec. driving behind other car changes notably and it's very hard to get close enough. It doesn't matter even if he is 2sec. faster per lap it's still hard to pass.

So you can't expect that leading car just fly pass you if you drive your own pace. You really have to clearly slow down because you are lap behind.

That I do understand very well. I picked the corner to yield, but that didn't go well this time around.

Nobody was exactly right in this situation, it is best that we do indeed let it go. I think everyone realize what their mistakes were by now.

@demetri - Two sides to the story here, I agree that Eugene could have let you by earlier but the contact is on you. I see you dive bombing from way back in the braking zone then missing your apex and pushing out onto Eugene's line causing the contact.
I didn't miss the apex and then pushed into Eugene. This is a late apex corner, I might have screwed the entry somewhat, but the apex was still ahead of us and I'm sure I could almost make it if there was no contact.
5Dpfh7W.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back