AC GT2/3 @Spa 2hours - Wed 22nd July

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Mate - we're getting away from my point. Would you prefer to Q at 95% or 98%, with a race that runs up to 100% pretty early on or is slidey for most of it? For that sake of it, because the management has played it safe?
No! I see your point and take it on board! server side we have the option....but I doesn't always work....heres waiting for 1.2 :)

Mate - we're getting away from my point. Would you prefer to Q at 95% or 98%, with a race that runs up to 100% pretty early on or is slidey for most of it? For that sake of it, because the management has played it safe?

There really is only a little difference in the outcome of the qualifying, because the grip is same for everyone. For me less grip is more realistic, because in real life, there are more things to affect to grip than a number in a code... and believe me, when you just have the tires working, there comes the clouds, temperature drops, and "tadaa"... not working anymore. In game it's easy because it doesn't wary constantly :)

Not so good race for me:(. Too much distraction around me during the race. And therefore my first laps was total mess and finally hit the wall and my bumber turn orange:mad:. After that car was understeering as hell. My only fun part of the race was fighting with @led00m (Dominic Tranquille), thanks for that:thumbsup:.

Btw, have any of you noticed that there isn't anymore difference on how you drive or treat your tyres, those wear exactly the same amount of laps regardless of how you drive:O_o: Or is this only my imagination? Maybe half year ago there were noticeable difference how many laps you could drive depending how you drove it.

And @Si you are the best race organizer ever:thumbsup: Thanks. ( well, all staff members are great, but Simon is..... just Simon;)

Please - I got a podium today and I'm super chuffed - please don't get me wrong. It was an incredible race with awesome racers and awesome organisers. I worked my nuts off and dealt with the challenges thrown my way on track, as did everyone else.

I just think Q on 95/6% is rubbish - remember the race is the culmination hours of track time. Days of practice and qualifying. Tracks are pretty much rubbered up by Q. As I asked. When do race lap times be better than qualifying for most formulas?

Ours were.

It's mainly because in WEC they have a limited amount of tyres each car can use, so the race coumpound are much harder than the qualifying ones. That's why they can (and must) double stint their tyres.

Btw, have any of you noticed that there isn't anymore difference on how you drive or treat your tyres, those wear exactly the same amount of laps regardless of how you drive:O_o: Or is this only my imagination? Maybe half year ago there were noticeable difference how many laps you could drive depending how you drove it.
Believe me, I ruinedm y first set of meds in 10 laps time. Went on for a 4-stop, just to find out that the tyres do last more if you treat them well, decided for a 3-stop on that point, meds easily lasted 15 laps after that.

Believe me, I ruinedm y first set of meds in 10 laps time. Went on for a 4-stop, just to find out that the tyres do last more if you treat them well, decided for a 3-stop on that point, meds easily lasted 15 laps after that.

Don't forget that tire wear was higher than normal. That means that a lot of the effects of tyre saving only give you an advantage for shorter periods of time.
Edit: lol, managed to spell "tire" differently within two sentences. Getting late.

@kedy89 no problem. I may not have got out of the way as quick sometimes but i wanted to do at the safest place.

It was an epic race been a long time since i done a 2 hour race and had to an emergency t-shirt removal and couple of smoke breaks mid way through the race but even so was awesome. Funny how i got my fastest lap at about 38 or so and was aboit the same as my qualify time. I do have a suggestion.

http://gtr24h.org

I know its rfacor 2 but we could organise one on ac :)

P.s. a massive thankyou to @Si for organising.

Last edited:
Awesome race guys,

I'm gonna play the easy way and begin stating that, unrelated to my result as much as possible, this was an perfect organized event. Had a lot of pleasure to drive for 2 hours, I saw a lot of respect on track and only nice drivers. I was happy to share that one with you!
In the end, I was happy to finish only 9 s from our winner, @Rami Mattila , great race, awesome pace, brilliant strategy... if you weren't Finnish, it would be so rewarding for you :whistling::D.

@Asterix , a shame you lost so much time with you pit stop! Your pace was good and I still don't know how you were able to do a 17 laps stint. :confused:

@Tomi, yeah, as @tobias said, the tire wear being at 225%, your advantage in tires management is
inversely proportional. :geek:

Special thx to our race director, Sir @Si.
All of you, and a last big up for the blue flags guys.
See you next.

Maybe it's just that I don't know how to treat tyres badly, who knows:laugh: or my driving style is so
similar and equally good for tyres wether I'm driving fast or very fast. I don.t know.

Don't forget that tire wear was higher than normal. That means that a lot of the effects of tyre saving only give you an advantage for shorter periods of time.

This isn't the only race where I have noticed this. But maybe I have to compare my tyre wear to other drivers, not to my self. Then it is noticeable :)

@Geof tyre wear was 120% I think:whistling:

With over 30 laps on the same set of Medium tires, it really doesn't matter anymore if you're running 95 or 100% grip levels :D

This race taught me a lot - lost concentration in the second half of the race, the increased fuel and tire drain were something completely new to me and i couldn't really adapt to that.
Next to the fact that i have no clue why i picked the BMW :)
Well, at least i was the fastest BMW Z4 GT3 :D

Big big thanks to @Si - although there was a little mess with the starting time and the Nathanial thing that i didn't witness next to hearing you guys struggle, to me it was an absolutely incredible experience. It was better than i even dared to imagine.
Everything was civil, lots of respect on track - people thanking me for obeying the blue flag (and that happened A LOT) - and even with my position of lost hope never the feeling arose in me that i wasn't a member of the pack.

Thank you everybody!
And beware! There will come the time where i'll be able to battle for second last position! :D

After that car was understeering as hell. My only fun part of the race was fighting with @led00m (Dominic Tranquille), thanks for that:thumbsup:.

Thanks @Tomi, was the highlight of my race :) Very good battle and it took you a while to get passed me! Glad I had my spotter if not I think we would've collided haha that side-by-side moment was amazing, went on for ages!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back