GSCE v1.21 Bug report thread

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your bug reports for v1.21 on this thread.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please use the v1.21 release thread.

Please allow time for us to test, verify and rectify the issues. We might not reply to you right away but rest assured if you posted here, we will have read it.

Avoid repeating reports by trying some recommended solutions below to known problems:

Measures to try regarding the various CTDs / crashdumps:

1-Run GSCSync again or install from the RAR update packages, make sure you have the lastest GSC.exe;

2- If you had mods installed, try deleting your Gamedata\Shared folder and running GSC Sync again to restore the v1.20 shaders (refer to the note regarding issues with 3rd party mods & tracks in the opening post GSCE V1.20 Released).

Regarding stuttering:

-Try deleting your USERDATA\LOG file, and creating a fresh player profile (PLR);

Regarding shadow flickering issue:

- Try creating a shortcut to GSC.exe and add -fullproc to the command line, performance will be worse but it might prevent the issue from happening.

When i choose to run a championship with the Minis, im getting opponents from other 2 third party mods: F1 2014 and F1 1985
Most mods out there dump the addon cars into the Mini category, as that was (and still might be) the only way to have them show up in the user interface properly. You can fix that by editing the Minis .veh files, as described here:

https://github.com/Grumbel/rfactortools/blob/master/FAQ.md

Most mods out there dump the addon cars into the Mini category, as that was (and still might be) the only way to have them show up in the user interface properly. You can fix that by editing the Minis .veh files, as described here:

https://github.com/Grumbel/rfactortools/blob/master/FAQ.md
Many thanks. I will take a look. If it isn´t "too techinical" i will try to fix.
Cheers.

edit: just read it. Piece of cake. Many thanks again.
edit2: it went wrong

Last edited:
Bug Report:
Formula Extremes at Brasilia (Full course, I think it's called Brasilia Alt?)
Any session ( I was on 95% difficulty, single race, practice 1)
There seems to be a problem for the AI as they go round the final bend on to the start/finish straight.
As you know, its a medium fast right hander, maybe dropping down to 3rd/4th and taken in a smooth arc, using a fair bit of kerb on the exit. But the AI are slowing down drastically and making more of a sharp right hand turn in the middle of the bend.
Maybe the AIW could be looked at when you get chance :)

Bom dia, Alguém pode me passar alguma dica, nessa v1.21 do GSCE não consigo mais criar jogo online, aparece " impossível retirar servidor" quando tento criar um,
Wilton, quando isso ocorreu comigo era o Bitdefender (AV) impedindo. Autorize o GSC dentro do AV, ou para testar, simplesmente desligue o AV. Também certifique-se de que está com o firewall permitindo a conexão (desligue se for o caso apenas para testar) e faça port forwarding das portas TCP 34747 e UDP 34597 e 34697. Também, execute o GSC como admin, em especial se tiver instalado ele debaixo das pastas "Program Files" ou "Arquivos de Programas" do Windows. Quando perguntar em portugues, melhor fazer isso no forum em portugues aqui do site. Abraços.

Track & Layout Used: ALL
Car Used: All
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: Upon starting the game, the main GSC screen loses focus and a DOS like window takes focus with the string "startup()" (without the quotes).

GSC-dos-screen.png

Then I can go to the taskbar where both the command line window and the regular game (minus pretty icon) are. If I select the regular application instead of the command line the game works fine. If I close the Command Line the game quits. Upon exiting the game I always see the error in the screenshot:

egsc-error.png

Steps to reproduce: Simply start GSC. Also I want to note that I have 3 GSCE installations. 2 of which were installed using different methods (1 with the sync update the other a manual update).

I apologize if this was reported, but I tried searching for 'GSC command line' and variations thereof and could not find anything.

Stuttering. All tracks, all cars. Race around track for 10 minutes with occasional stutter. After that it is so common the game is unplayable. Nvidia 550 Ti w/1gb. Intel Core2 Duo 3.16 ghz with 8 gb ram. Installed the Wombat dll that helped somewhat. Disabled shadow blur and set shadows to ...it doesn't matter. Vsync with -58 FPS.

UPDATE I seem to have fixed the stutter issue by setting the "pre-rendered frames" option in Nvidia control panel to "1". I then removed the "Wombat DLL" and placed the original D3D file back. Stutters returned tho not as bad as originally.

So now I'm using the Wombat DLL along with Vsync, Pre-rendered frames @1 and shadow blur set to off. All other graphic settings in game are set to "High". Using 4x Anti aliasing with 8x Anisotropic.

Well....I should have tested more before posting up the results. Launching the game then going directly to track for practice or race and no or little stutters. Pit once and the stutters return. Sometimes just little ones and sometimes small freeze-ups that will last for a few seconds. The hard drive is churning during the longer ones. I have tried all of the suggestions now and nothing is working.

Last edited:
Bug report - tyres.
Spielberg/Interlagos
Formula Extreme
Single race 100% distance
Ok I realise the tyres might still be a work in progress, but just to report, if I set compounds 2,3 in the gdb, the tyres appear to work correctly, i.e. the AI do stints of 36 laps and 22 laps. (although tyres remain yellow through race).

BUT if I set 0,1 in gdb (as Spielberg setting), the super-soft tyre is NOT used. The AI use yellow tyres for all three stints i.e. 20 laps each time.

If I set gdb to 0,2 or 0,3 the AI start on red supersoft tyres and do a 10 lap first run (which seems correct) but then always revert to yellow tyres for the following stints (20 laps each time).

If you need any specific tyre tests done, I would be happy to oblige :)

Just to add some more info re the tyres on the Formula Extremes.

It seems the AI correctly use one of the two tyre compounds specified in the gdb for their first stint, but they do not use the other one, instead they always revert to the yellow soft tyres for their second and third stints, even if it is not specified in the gdb.
So for example, if the gdb says (2,3) which should be medium and hard, the AI use their medium to start with (35 laps or so), then switch to yellow soft (22 laps).
This would be ok if I could choose the same compound, but I am unable to do so, as the choice in this example is medium and hard.

If however, I add a 0 (yellow) to any of the choices in the gdb, then the AI stop using two compounds and revert to using yellow tyres exclusively - (I have tested this by recording their sector and lap times for every compound, so regardless of the tyre colour I can tell pretty well which compound they are on at Interlagos).

I hope this is of some use. Again, I appreciate it might be a WIP but it would be helpful to have this confirmed either way.

For now it seems it is best to use only 0 (soft) compound in order to match with the AI.
I agree that there is an issue. For a short (5 lap) race at Suzuka, where the gdb says 2 and 3 (so, medium and hard compound) the AI uses softs for the race, They don't even start on mediums for this short distance. So, I set the gdb to 0,1,2,3 but this makes racing difficult as the blerry softs wear out so quickly...

@Keith Windsor, when you said that you set the gdb to 0,2 or 0, 3 and the AI used supersofts, they really shoudn't have, should they, as supersofts are 1?

Last edited:
Yes you are right, I should have said 1,2 and 1,3. I got the numbers mixed up. I did the tests correctly, but I described it wrong in the post. Thanks for pointing it out. (I have corrected my original post in case Reiza should read it)

It should read
If I set gdb to 1,2 or 1,3 the AI start on red supersoft tyres and do a 10 lap first run (which seems correct) but then always revert to yellow tyres for the following stints (20 laps each time).

Disappearing AI Cars...

AI cars (in front) disappear the farther away they are down the track. When entering a turn (or as I catch up to them), they reappear. Visible cars is set to max in the settings.

I have the latest version of GSC...AMD cards (6870 in crossfire)...video options maxed out.

I've seen this at Buenos Aires and both Spielbergs with a number of carsets. Windows 7 and GTX760 here. Opponent Detail is 'High', Visible Vehicles on '24', Field of View 'Default' and Auto details FPS 'Off'.

upload_2014-9-28_14-55-8.png

Last edited:
Bug Report?
Formula Extreme and Formula Reiza

Are these cars supposed to have glowing brake discs when they get hot?
I checked the Classics and they glow bright orange as in previous versions, but today I only just noticed there is no brake glow for the Extremes or Reiza.
Now I am not sure if it is a bug or if simply not supposed to be glowing, but worth reporting anyway.

Cheers :)

Track & Layout Used: Spa Francorchamps Drs
Car Used: Formula xtreme
Applicable Settings: Online 1st practise session
Report:Useing the formula xtreme cars noticed that when following a driver
when they select 8th gear they disappear from the track when they change down they reappear.
Steps to reproduce: Do the above
Same problem but at Interlagos GP

I changed system Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit. Now I load GSCE and I see window "ENTER PLAYER NAME". After I wrote my name and accepted, nothing happened. All the time I see this window. In Windows 7 32 bit all was OK.

Stuttering. All tracks, all cars. Race around track for 10 minutes with occasional stutter. After that it is so common the game is unplayable. Nvidia 550 Ti w/1gb. Intel Core2 Duo 3.16 ghz with 8 gb ram. Installed the Wombat dll that helped somewhat. Disabled shadow blur and set shadows to ...it doesn't matter. Vsync with -58 FPS.

UPDATE I seem to have fixed the stutter issue by setting the "pre-rendered frames" option in Nvidia control panel to "1". I then removed the "Wombat DLL" and placed the original D3D file back. Stutters returned tho not as bad as originally.

So now I'm using the Wombat DLL along with Vsync, Pre-rendered frames @1 and shadow blur set to off. All other graphic settings in game are set to "High". Using 4x Anti aliasing with 8x Anisotropic.

Well....I should have tested more before posting up the results. Launching the game then going directly to track for practice or race and no or little stutters. Pit once and the stutters return. Sometimes just little ones and sometimes small freeze-ups that will last for a few seconds. The hard drive is churning during the longer ones. I have tried all of the suggestions now and nothing is working.

Hi I know with the 550TI cards you picked up problems with other games that crashed. Try these fixes & see if it works: 1) update the cards bios to the latest, 2) using th e nvidia manager change the perfornance settings of the cards mem & cpu speed down a bit. Just a little bit. Then try it again. Hoop it helps.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%