GSCE v1.21 Bug report thread

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your bug reports for v1.21 on this thread.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please use the v1.21 release thread.

Please allow time for us to test, verify and rectify the issues. We might not reply to you right away but rest assured if you posted here, we will have read it.

Avoid repeating reports by trying some recommended solutions below to known problems:

Measures to try regarding the various CTDs / crashdumps:

1-Run GSCSync again or install from the RAR update packages, make sure you have the lastest GSC.exe;

2- If you had mods installed, try deleting your Gamedata\Shared folder and running GSC Sync again to restore the v1.20 shaders (refer to the note regarding issues with 3rd party mods & tracks in the opening post GSCE V1.20 Released).

Regarding stuttering:

-Try deleting your USERDATA\LOG file, and creating a fresh player profile (PLR);

Regarding shadow flickering issue:

- Try creating a shortcut to GSC.exe and add -fullproc to the command line, performance will be worse but it might prevent the issue from happening.

I was down on the fps with 1.21, so went for a full new install of 1.21 but no improvement. I tested out the wombat dll on my 1.20/1.21 synced install and got back my missing 20 frames :). This has put my old spec PC back in the game so thanks for the fix :thumbsup:
Will further updates over write the wombat ?

I'm getting great fps with v1.21

but I seem to have a problem: I'm starting all my races against the AI in first place even though I've chosen in the race options to start in eleventh place in a grid of ten AI.

This problem arrived after the 1.21 update (I didn't have the problem with 1.20)

Track & Layout Used: Spa Francorchamps Drs
Car Used: Formula xtreme
Applicable Settings: Online 1st practise session
Report:Useing the formula xtreme cars noticed that when following a driver
when they select 8th gear they disappear from the track when they change down they reappear.
Steps to reproduce: Do the above

Track & Layout Used: Spielberg GP
Car Used: Formula Extreme
Applicable Settings: Online Q - and Race with Parc Fermé
Report: Qualified on SuperSofts, then changed over to Softs for the race. The tyrewear from the SuperSofts transferred over to the Softs, rendering my tyres unable to finish a race of 17 laps. (Puncture on lap 14 from wear). Should tyrewear not stick with a specific set of tyres?
Steps to reproduce:

@Lasse Ougaard - I'm just guessing, but if the car was in Parc Ferme conditions set up changes would be against the rules. And, changing the tyres is a set up change. So, if that level of detail is implemented(which I hope is the case) it would not be a bug, but, rather a touch of Awesome!

Hi guys ! I have game vers. 1.21 and decided to uninstall it and start with clean install of GSCE,but when I started uninstall tool(unins000.exe) it says :"This installation can only be uninstalled on 64-bit Windows".I have windows 7 -32 bit.
If I manually delete folder with game will it be clean install? I mean, is there other locations where game files are installed,and how to find it?
Or maybee @Reiza Studios can send me correct uninstall tool ;)

para reiza:
instalei ontem a 1.21
primeiramente parabéns, fantástico trabalho, tudo muito bem feito(físicas, grip, ffb)
em relação ao fps
comparando as duas versões(1.15 para 1.21), houve um aumento de uns 20 a 30 fps
na minha visão,o que a galera anda reclamando é que , essa introdução dos espelhos em alta definição comeu uns 70 ou mais fps, aí causando esse stutter
fiz um teste aqui com carro parado
resolução alta dos espelhos : 180 fps
sem espelhos: 313 fps
resolução baixa: 285 fps
aí claro, as resoluções de meio termo ficam entre isso aí
minha sugestão para próximas atualizações é colocar no menu de gráficos, duas opções
a mais importante é a qualidade de resolução dos espelhos, pode por umas 4(baixa,média,alta,altíssima) e se possível poder alterar a distância dos retrovisores(perto,médio,longe)

Still heavy stutter here. Tested at Spielberg with V12/FExtreme.
I'm using an old 8800gt now, since my main gpu(5770) died a couple of days ago. I set almost everything to medium and it runs at 120-180fps, yet the stutter is horrible. It doesn't play smooth at all. Is it possible that running bandicam fps overlay has smth to do with it.

I remember playing just fine the other day at Spielberg historic with FRetro. NO hicups, stutters or the like. I didn't have bandicam fps overlay on,though. Or the app running in the background.

Nothing to do with compatibility (no, "compatibility" will not load both files).

Wombat's dll has hooks that will allow another dll to be called/loaded from it. His recommendation (years ago) was to rename the existing dll as d3d9_2.dll.

@Travis Petrovic,

interesting result with 8.1's dll, there. So, if I understood correctly, with that dll (from system32) you got even better results?
On windows 8.1 the wombat crashes my GSC, tried the system 32 dll and indeed I have less stuttering, I always test on AIring Austria as I get most stuttering there and test with the tv replay. Had less stuttering, still a bit but not as much.

I think its time for a complete fresh install and start with no mods etc... to see how I get on, using a sli gtx580 setup.

Somebody mentioned changing the sli setup in NVidia control panel of sli rendering mode to force alternate 2, didn't make a difference for me.

Suffered slightly lower frames with stock cars, decided to reinstall full 1.21 (installing and deleting files from previous "patched" install), then somehow I suffered major stutters.
Tried a lot of config, no help, I deleted the log folder and .plr out of frustration and frames are back to pre full 1.21 frames, slight loss.
Makes zero sense.

Gtx780oc 3gb sli, using surround tripple screen.

One thing I did notice, 1.15 worked better with physX set to gtx780 No1, it stuttered on No2 or CPU.
Now with 1.21 it runs better on physX set to CPU.

Anyone else experiencing hangs/freezes after v1.20/1.21 update ? Happened twice to me in a couple of days already, whereas v1.15 had no such issues in months.

In this last instance i was alt tabbing a bit(was watching a stream at the same time) while practicing and when i brought up the game back on screen i drove another lap and it hung. I had to restart my pc.

The lock issue seems related to 1.21. Lapped Iracing for an hour or so, exited, started GSCE, locked within 5 minutes, restarted (I had to) and repeated process with the same result.

All non essential devices including sim instruments uninstalled, clean graphics install, updated chipset and controllers, Fanatec drivers, audio, etc.. (driver fusion you saved me a lot of time)
Tested, Iracing, GSCE, same result.

May be a problem on my end still, next step, download 1.15 if still available and test.
Edit. Ok, 1.15 no longer exists.
Edit. Found 1.15 on another drive.:)

Last edited:
I don't intend to post here every time the game hangs for me, but now it seems to happen on a daily basis. Just happened again while i was driving around Laguna Seca in the FVee. Have to restart the pc. I don't know what's going on. Never had this in v1.15. Or any other game for that matter in months. I'm using a different gpu currently(nvidia 8800gt), though, since my main gpu(amd 5770) died last week. This probably has smth to do with it.

This stupid software/hardware compatibility issues are so frustrating...blah, hate it.
:sick:

Not a bug exactly but kind of is ...
Serial key I recieved to my email is working, at least it says SUCCESS! GAME STOCK CAR 2013 IS UNLOCKED! but somehow game is unable to remember the activation. I have to enter serial number every time I run the game.

I have 11 minutes left on trial and that is exactly how long can I play .. after 11 minutes games closes and ask me for activation again... I can do this 100 times, it is still gonna be 11 minutes of gameplay for me ..

I`ve tried clean reinstall, GSCSync, redownloading, different install locations, running as admin, cleaning registry, writing to reizas support .. nothing helped so far ..
Thanx.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back