GSC2013 - More cars, more tracks, more features coming up

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Over the next few months we plan to continue supporting GSC2013 with a constant flow of developments, including new cars, new tracks and new simulation features.

Without going into specific details just yet, this is what GSC2013 users can look foward to in the near future:

1- The updates will come in at a roughly regular pace - every month or so something new will be added to the sim, be it a new track, a new car, or a new feature, along with continuous improvements & eventual bug fixes;

2- All updates will be free - if you own GSC2013, the new content will be made available to you at no adittional charge. We are however looking into experimenting with more community interaction for those willing to participate and contribute with the funding of these developments;

3- As with the content currently available in the sim, there will be a mix of licensed and fictional content;

4- The main goal for these updates is to continue to enrich the simulation and the diversity of driving experiences available - no "more of the same", the new content will complement and enhance the existing stuff into an even more complete racing sim package;

5- The diversity is relative to our own content but also relative to other sims - these are not cars and tracks you are likely to find in every other racing game (they are not obscure either mind);

6- Also keeping to the "diversity" guideline, relative to base content the new content will be largely international (non-brazilian) - from past, present and future.

Stay tuned for more news in the near future, and feel free to discuss and give ideas as to what you would like to see in GSC2013 - we welcome the feedback :)

A message to Reiza..........why don't you guys tell the world about all of the mods and tracks that are currently available for your outstanding simulation. The ReizaStudios website mentions nothing about GSC2013 and you simply don't utilise the power and benefits of your Facebook page. I'm certain that if people knew that this game was more that just a Brazilian Stock Car series with a dozen or so tracks, you would sell heaps more copies and it would be a far more popular title than it currently is.

What turned my friends away from this game was the name (Stock Car) they never thought there was more to it untill I told them, was this just bad marketing by ReizaStudios ? , and its best game out there IMO .

Change the name of the simulator already think something wrong, because it was early Reiza with Official Simulator Category and was soon elected as the best simulator 2012 .. I do not think changing the name to be more category would be better!

VIVA BRAZIL THE PEOPLE!

A message to Reiza..........why don't you guys tell the world about all of the mods and tracks that are currently available for your outstanding simulation. The ReizaStudios website mentions nothing about GSC2013 and you simply don't utilise the power and benefits of your Facebook page. I'm certain that if people knew that this game was more that just a Brazilian Stock Car series with a dozen or so tracks, you would sell heaps more copies and it would be a far more popular title than it currently is.

Developers have to be careful about advertising mods as most of them are not licensed. Even ISI are careful about what they say and rFactor is sold as a mod platform unlike GSC. I suspect this is another issue - ISI are unlikely to license their engine to developers who then market it as a mod platform, in direct competition to rFactor.

Developers have to be careful about advertising mods as most of them are not licensed. Even ISI are careful about what they say and rFactor is sold as a mod platform unlike GSC. I suspect this is another issue - ISI are unlikely to license their engine to developers who then market it as a mod platform, in direct competition to rFactor.

I agree. What ISI has done, in enabling large parts of the engines mechanics to be accessible freely and also documenting it very well is what enabled things like GSC in the first place and established ISI as a "platform developer". However this is used both commercially (obtaining the correct licenses and the engine, to establish your own brand, like GSC) and non-commercial (without appropriate licensing). The latter is something that ISI nor companies inheriting their engine in derivative works should really talk about as a "feature", apart from the possibilities of the official tools.

Doing so, may get them into all sorts of trouble with the actual license holders. Modders themselves even face this issue now and then. Also, "theft" of models made by other companies is common on the modding scene. This is even more sensitive as it implies infractions of competitors products. And keeping control of this is too much work for a studio like Reiza. So rather avoid it.

Fair call David. I'm not that knowledgeable as to what can and cannot be said or done by developers and modders, however it’s bloody obvious there is a huge modding community out there filling a gap in the marketplace. In my humble opinion GSC2012/2013 is one of the best (complete) simulations out there and it saddens me that this great title is often overlooked because of its name and geographical based race series. What Reiza lacks in marketing and promotional skills is easily outweighed by their outstanding design and productions talents. Let’s hope the message gets out to the sim community about how friggin good Game Stock Car is so we don't have to keep watching hours and hours of GT6, Forza 5 and iRacing videos.

Hi Guy's

I'm a recent convert to this excellent racer after using 2012 demo & then finally owning current version. Having recently buying a new wheel and along with Race07 ( aged but still good ) this is my favourite racing sim. But as said the title does not do it justice as its a sim not a game and 'stock car' to me means some kind of demolition derby shenanigans. I might be more familiar with European, Aus circuits and drivers but this is a fantastic sim as we all know. Thank goodness fate brought me to this racer : )

Kind Regards
Simon

Hi Guy's

I'm a recent convert to this excellent racer after using 2012 demo & then finally owning current version. Having recently buying a new wheel and along with Race07 ( aged but still good ) this is my favourite racing sim. But as said the title does not do it justice as its a sim not a game and 'stock car' to me means some kind of demolition derby shenanigans. I might be more familiar with European, Aus circuits and drivers but this is a fantastic sim as we all know. Thank goodness fate brought me to this racer : )

Kind Regards
Simon

I actually enjoy the non europe centric content, as it brings something different. I like the stock cars, being like a more raw dtm. Most of all however it brings forth tracks that are not overdone by a zillion sims allready. I have found that this has given me new excitement, learning previously unknown tracks again.

Agree on the title however... But on the other hand rFactor is not really a selling title either, it brings notions of either university level physics or talent shows on tv :)

I actually enjoy the non europe centric content, as it brings something different. I like the stock cars, being like a more raw dtm. Most of all however it brings forth tracks that are not overdone by a zillion sims allready. I have found that this has given me new excitement, learning previously unknown tracks again.

Agree on the title however... But on the other hand rFactor is not really a selling title either, it brings notions of either university level physics or talent shows on tv :)

Lol. True about rFactor title.
Your right, Experiencing new tracks instead of all the regulars we normally get in other racers does give a fresh challenge etc. I'd never heard of these V8 Stock Cars before so its interesting to see what goes on in Brazil:thumbsup:
Cheers!

For a Future to the game could have a STYLE TV
TVStyleStockCar_zps55b3f522.jpg
TVStyleStockCar2_zps0c85b021.jpg

This would be an awesome little touch to the game.

This is good news. Cars, tracks and improvements are welcome.

One suggestion for @Reiza Studios is to think improvements in "Single Player" mode.

MP mode like the other versions is good, but very empty. To try to run with some guys need to register in dozens of leagues ... follow the news of the alloys for the events ... where dates, times, cars or tracks may be incompatible. (Add more cars and tracks is to increase the chances of incompatibility). Championships organized by leagues follow the same concept described above is that many still charge money for these events taking place.

So in my opinion, improvements in SP mode would be the suggestion.

PLUS, GSC2013 can be run over triple screens on a decent PC from 2-3 years ago still... i doubt AC & Pcars will run over 3 screens on anything under a couple of grand of vid cards alone
Actually, AC is pretty good with triple screens on my one and a half year old computer. It is also nice that they have a proper triple screen setup unlike GSC. pCARS however doesn't even have a multiview option like GSC does so unless your monitors are straight across, you get horrible distortion in the side monitors. Even without having separate rendering per monitor, performance on pCARS is pretty bad.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back