GS5 GSeat Mounting on Simlab P1X

Can anyone show pictures of how they mounted their GS5 Gseat to a P1X? Stuck at this for the moment and it’s holding up my build.

Also, if anyone can recommend the best transducer pucks along with amp I can get that mount right onto the panels and if the mount on top or on the backside of the panel (not sure if there is clearance for this).

Will also be getting a buttkicker LFE to get for under the seat and not sure how it mounts to the seat.

Wish there were better instructions for this stuff. Any help is appreciated.

I don't own this rig, but the GS-5 is standard size and just switched seats using the same seat rails or whatever they are called. There was enough clearance for my Buttkicker Concert as well and it's mounted on a plywood plate, but a close call. I guess the sitting height is almost the same than with the Sparco before.
IMG_20230308_173847.jpg

Upvote 0
Btw the plates of the GS-5 comes with pre-cutted inserts for Dayton TT25 and IMO more bang for the buck than the big Buttkicker, which I wouldn't buy anymore today. I was hesitating first because I thought it might be uncomfortable, but no problem and would have printed some caps to fill the holes if not. Some people mounted them without cutting out the plates, but than they are really sticking out.

Polish_20230308_180921543.jpg

Upvote 0
Are those the tt25 pucks? I was going to get them but don’t know which ohm to get. I also need to get amps and was looking at 2 nobsound amps or if I can power these with a nx3000d along with a bk LFE. Looking to get the best haptic setup I can and rather buy once cry once.

Upvote 0
See photos attached. It was pretty easy for me. I also used small mending plates to tilt it back further and raised the pedals higher on my P1X with a slight mod.

I have four Dayton Audio pucks wired in mixed series and parallel to an SMSL SA-98E amp. I run with three amps in total, one for extensions mode and two for chassis mode.

The pucks are more than enough for me for engine vibration and a little road texture.

I instead mounted my buttkicker LFE under my pedals. The GS5 seat and pucks gives you more than enough detail with road textures that a buttkicker under the seat is not needed IMO, especially if you also run transducers in chassis mode.

1679331979955.png

Attachments

• IMG_20230320_095603549.jpg
    IMG_20230320_095603549.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20230320_095611627.jpg
    IMG_20230320_095611627.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Image02.jpeg
    Image02.jpeg
    768.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited: