Graphics Tweaks...

Hey guys I looked at some of the videos for RBR and it appears that my graphics are not as good as the ones I am seeing. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a graphic tweak doc or guide? Maybe I need to load some mods? No idea, but want to make sure I've got everything as good as I can get it.

Here are my system specs...

1920 x 1200
ATI 5850
Windows 7 x64
8 Gig RAM

Thanks guys.

Open RichardBurnsRally.ini in your install folder, find lines XRes and YRes, and put
XRes = 1920
YRes = 1200

Then run RSCenter. I guess you should change to 16:10 in the settings, not sure what that does, to be honest :).

Then start Plugins - CamHack.

Then go back to the install folder, open config.ini.
Find the line with K0, and put K0=55 (that means that it will run when you hit enter in game)
Find the line with FOVY=1, and put FOVY=0,833
That will give you 16:10 in game, instead of a stretched image. You have to have CamHack running every time though.

HDR plugin for the colours: http://www.racedepartment.com/richard-burns-rally/21396-rbr-hdr-plugin.html
Uploaded both files here, just download and unzip to your install folder.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6335348/enbseries_gtasa_v0074f.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6335348/ENBsettingsRBR.zip

EDIT: yup, good idea Aaron. When Rob gets everything the way it should be, I'll try to compile posts from this thread and put it in the FAQ.

Okay question. I haven't done the HDR yet but I am running the camera hack. When I go into the sim and press the * all I see are different color horizontal lines across the screen. I can press the 0 through 9 keys and the pattern changes, but none of them show the car and track in anything approaching readable format. I did make the changes to the config.ini as described. But enter doesn't seem to work. Need to press *.

Any ideas Senad?

Make sure camhack is closed when you edit the config.ini file.

To start with a fresh config.ini: close camhack, delete config.ini, launch camhack again. This will create a default ini. Then close camhack, make the changes, and then reload camhack.

Also, make sure you are not running multiple copies of camhack, they will fight for control of the screen and control of config.ini.

Okay I tried 0,833 and it still has issues. No change. But if I put it to 1, I can use the cam hack and move the camera around. I made sure to unload the camhack while modifying the ini file. Only had one instance of it running.

You are using English Windows with US localization correct? If so, then it should be 0.833 with a period, not a comma.

*warning: nerd tangent*

This is due to how the Windows API parses strings into decimals. It uses the localization settings in Windows to determine the decimal separator when taking the string (all ini parameters are strings) and converting it into a numeric format the program can use for the maths it needs to do. So for most European localizations it recognizes the comma as the decimal separator, however for US localization the API expects a period as the decimal separator, and a comma will cause the method to parse incorrectly.

Found the issue. For some reason on my system setting the option in the Settings to 16/10 causes the problem. I put it to false and now it works. Damn that was fun!

Thanks for the help Aaron and Senad. I really appreciate it.

Okay doing the HDR tweak next (the crowd cringes).

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.