F1 2013 Graphics Comparison

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Which of the two (f1 2012 and f1 2013)looks best and why?
F1_2013_013_WIP.jpg
4ba7cf7ad893903674b08a45c6bd4e99149afc12_crop351x257.jpg

Hello. Can somebody explain me why the preview Nurburgring video with Raikkonen looking so different/much better compared to the final version?

I really can't understand it because the preview looking so natural and clean satured and now the game looks like the last versions (too dark, brownish tint and grass texutres are bad).

Am I alone in thinking this?

I haven't really looked. But CM have a habit of adding tints to graphics. You just have to look at the Classic tracks, they have a sepia tone to make it look like 'ye olde days of yore'.

A thing I dislike intensely.

I am meant to be there driving in 1980/90, and I had 20/20 colour vision back then, so full saturation for me please. I am not having a bout of nostalgia whilst looking at an old photograph taken with my ancient Kodak Instamatic, or Box Brownie. :)

Hello. Can somebody explain me why the preview Nurburgring video with Raikkonen looking so different/much better compared to the final version?

I really can't understand it because the preview looking so natural and clean satured and now the game looks like the last versions (too dark, brownish tint and grass texutres are bad).

Am I alone in thinking this?

I agree. I think as in other game dev... many devs start off with a bunch of improvements on a internal version which is running better lighting etc etc...but then for the final version, they make a number of cuts to optimize performance...meet memory requirements on a console etc. Sad though...as I agree...the hotlap videos looked awesome. I honestly bought the game becos of the alonso monza hotlap video....it looked like a night and day difference compared to F1 2012.

I haven't really looked. But CM have a habit of adding tints to graphics. You just have to look at the Classic tracks, they have a sepia tone to make it look like 'ye olde days of yore'.

A thing I dislike intensely.

I am meant to be there driving in 1980/90, and I had 20/20 colour vision back then, so full saturation for me please. I am not having a bout of nostalgia whilst looking at an old photograph taken with my ancient Kodak Instamatic, or Box Brownie. :)
You can change the sepia tone to normal replacing the current era RGB table to the 'ye good ole days' one for every track.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back