F1 2013 Graphics Comparison

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Which of the two (f1 2012 and f1 2013)looks best and why?
F1_2013_013_WIP.jpg
4ba7cf7ad893903674b08a45c6bd4e99149afc12_crop351x257.jpg

When i first saw F1 2013 footage i thought it looked washed, too bright and not enough saturation, this last batch of videos and screens changed that impression, Team VVV videos seem to have decent color.

I remembered that i lower the in game gamma in every F1 title by Codemasters so far, so of course it looks bright.

Depends whether the video footage uploaded to you-tube was using PC RGB Levels (0-255) or Broadcast RGB Levels (16-238). You tube uses Broadcast RGB Levels. If you upload PC RGB Levels (like many users do), it will looking a bit over-bright and washed out, a bit like high gamma.

When I upload I render to Broadcast RGB Levels, which is good for you-tube, but bad for playing back on my PC.

However like you, I tend to prefer more saturation, and I have never really liked the levels used by Codemasters, nor the almost sepia tint they use.

When i first watched Silverstone and Nurburgring hotlaps i thought the game looked, as i said earlier, dull and washed.

Since then i have seen videos were the colors look more like the ones i go for, with some gamma tuning it should be fine.

Footage of cars from the outside (replay graphics) seem good and improved, but they always do look good on promos, when you are watching your own replays is when the lower lods and some weird lightning show it's face.

re: cockpit view

That's exactly what I was thinking and maybe the most important detail for us xboxers. The perspective is not so distance, but still slightly off, although it's hard to include everything when you can't move your head).

Unfortunately, the HUGE McLaren mirrors still block the apex, but the mirrors look like they actually work and the view shakes and moves, as a drivers vision and body would (more like the realism in Shift2 or Race Pro/Race WTCC).

Last edited:
re: cockpit view

That's exactly what I was thinking and maybe the most important detail for us xboxers. The perspective is not so distance, but still slightly off, although it's hard to include everything when you can't move your head).

Unfortunately, the HUGE McLaren mirrors still block the apex, but the mirrors look like they actually work and the view shakes and moves, as a drivers vision and body would (more like the realism in Shift2 or Race Pro/Race WTCC).
Mentions realism and Shift 2 in same sentence.....

Yea, that is somewhat of a contradictory conclusion, especially from a game that mimics GTA5 at the start of each race. But when you get down to the two things that matter most (at least for those stuck with xbox)-- cockpit simulation (incl. track inclusion/mapping) and handling -- I think shift2 come as close as anything on the xbox except for F1 and Race Pro. Are there problems with the game? Don't get me started....lol.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 386 39.8%