1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Graphics Comparison

Discussion in 'F1 2013 - The Game' started by Tom Newnham, Sep 8, 2013.

1. F1 2012 looks better

6 vote(s)
    9.0%
  2. F1 2013 looks better

61 vote(s)
    91.0%
  1. Which of the two (f1 2012 and f1 2013)looks best and why?[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Forum Spy

Forum Spy
    Hey Psst!!

Forum Spy only sees one image...

3. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Then Forum Spy has a problem :D :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  4. Forum Spy needs an eye check then:roflmao::roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. Didnt realize before that 13 looks THAT good. Cant wait

6. When i first saw F1 2013 footage i thought it looked washed, too bright and not enough saturation, this last batch of videos and screens changed that impression, Team VVV videos seem to have decent color.

I remembered that i lower the in game gamma in every F1 title by Codemasters so far, so of course it looks bright.

7. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Depends whether the video footage uploaded to you-tube was using PC RGB Levels (0-255) or Broadcast RGB Levels (16-238). You tube uses Broadcast RGB Levels. If you upload PC RGB Levels (like many users do), it will looking a bit over-bright and washed out, a bit like high gamma.

When I upload I render to Broadcast RGB Levels, which is good for you-tube, but bad for playing back on my PC.

However like you, I tend to prefer more saturation, and I have never really liked the levels used by Codemasters, nor the almost sepia tint they use.

8. When i first watched Silverstone and Nurburgring hotlaps i thought the game looked, as i said earlier, dull and washed.

Since then i have seen videos were the colors look more like the ones i go for, with some gamma tuning it should be fine.

Footage of cars from the outside (replay graphics) seem good and improved, but they always do look good on promos, when you are watching your own replays is when the lower lods and some weird lightning show it's face.

9. Look at the videos from TeamVVV on YouTube, it looks so good ! Everything has decent colors and the vids they make are from the X360 version. So wait until this game is running on PC at maxed settings :o

10. I agree, the TeamVVV videos are much better than the Codemasters hotlap ones.

Perhaps i didn't make it clear that i changed my mind since watching the first videos (Silverstone and Nurburgring, those 2 look worse than 2012 running on my machine).

11. Those first videos might've ran on an earlier build perhaps.

12. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

2013. No contest.

13. Graphic detail wise, the reflections in F1 2013 look a lot better than they do in 2012 (going more by comparing the reflections on ultra in my game than that pic for F1 2012). Car textures look sharper too.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

F1 2013 looks slightly worse than F1 2012 with HD skins...so let's wait and see what happens. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Only 4 days now!!!!

16. Indeed, the color problem i mentioned is fixed and everything looks improved, PC version will be even better at higher res and with aa.

Slightly off topic, cockpit cam seems a lot closer to what i like, maybe i won't need to wait for modders before getting in the drivers seat this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

re: cockpit view

That's exactly what I was thinking and maybe the most important detail for us xboxers. The perspective is not so distance, but still slightly off, although it's hard to include everything when you can't move your head).

Unfortunately, the HUGE McLaren mirrors still block the apex, but the mirrors look like they actually work and the view shakes and moves, as a drivers vision and body would (more like the realism in Shift2 or Race Pro/Race WTCC).

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Mentions realism and Shift 2 in same sentence.....

• Haha Haha x 3
  19. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Yea, that is somewhat of a contradictory conclusion, especially from a game that mimics GTA5 at the start of each race. But when you get down to the two things that matter most (at least for those stuck with xbox)-- cockpit simulation (incl. track inclusion/mapping) and handling -- I think shift2 come as close as anything on the xbox except for F1 and Race Pro. Are there problems with the game? Don't get me started....lol.