Grand Prix 4 Touring Car Championship - Season 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apex Racing to go CROWDFUNDING mode??

The Monaco-based team currently sits 2nd in the World Constructors Championship, and have a chance of stopping OMR's title-winning streak. They said that they are on a massive cash deficit when compared to OMR after the Mexico round, despite having more points, so in hopes to get their first ever title, and stop the streak, the team opted to do crowdfunding in hopes to close the cash deficit down, and make an interesting season for the fans.
They also got rid of the awful chromed stripes at the front of the car in the process!

The team has posted a picture of their new car on their official website. Once the tyres go on, the car is ready to take the track at Donington Park!
View attachment 88476
Will the crowdfunding be a success for Apex? It's got a pretty big responce so far!

(No, this doesn't mean we'll get extra money, and yes, these are all the ones that sponsored Caterham in Abu Dhabi last season.
Always wanted to do a car with loads of sponsors :laugh: we'll go back to "normal" for Fuji though)
Those sponsors on the doors could use some black/white strokes to make them stand out a bit more ;)

VAUXHALL VECTRAS TO MAKE ANOTHER APPEARANCE
Vauxhall 1.png

2KF1 Racing today announced that their squad of 4 Holden Vectras would all run special Vauxhall liveries in the upcoming British round of the GPTCC.
Team Manager Aidan Keranen had this to say:
"It's another fantastic day to be able to represent Vauxhall for the British round. We've started out strongly this season, and we'll be looking to continue that form. Obviously I was able to taste success with a Vauxhall badge last season, so I know that I'll be trying to replicate that very hard. Ben also has his home round, so hopefully the car is to his liking and he can push for a result, maybe even a podium of his own."

Keranen continued by saying the Vauxhalls would only be present for this round, and are unlikely to make another appearance. But when asked how unlikely that would be, he gave a smile and chuckled.

2KF1 would like to thank the support of GM, Holden and Vauxhall, plus all other partners in the project.

Vauxhall 2.png

market is closed, and I'd like to announce a rule change for next season:

it's regarding championship rewards, I still do want to give them out, however, drivers will not be allowed to spend more than 2000$ in the marketplace before race 1. Pretty much this means you get your reward after race 1 has been completed.
This should make the field more equal in the first race, and it still gives a reward for being at the top so it's the best solution I got.

market is closed, and I'd like to announce a rule change for next season:

it's regarding championship rewards, I still do want to give them out, however, drivers will not be allowed to spend more than 2000$ in the marketplace before race 1. Pretty much this means you get your reward after race 1 has been completed.
This should make the field more equal in the first race, and it still gives a reward for being at the top so it's the best solution I got.
novel approach, I don't mind this at all actually. :thumbsup:
edit: still doesn't bloody well help us now xD

bandicam 2015-04-08 10-46-35-155.jpg

Cheeky Aidan, beats OMR even with 11!! quali BHP less. Another thing to mention is Haiburiddo locking the back row, again the 11th row is locked by drivers from the same team.
Otherwise, I'm hoping for better in the race, not a good quali for ART. Double DNF in race 1 would be absolutely perfect (no jokes).

race up

what a ship race! Only top team to pay a bit on COF reduction, and Harvey retires from a promising second place. Come on, our suspension issues are actually getting silly now..
With Aidan's transmission failure too, and OMR's 1-2, season is now really over for us. :cautious:

OMR always get so lucky :mad: yeah yeah you'll be sososososo far back.. you'll never win a title again.. my ace

race up

what a ship race! Only top team to pay a bit on COF reduction, and Harvey retires from a promising second place. Come on, our suspension issues are actually getting silly now..
With Aidan's transmission failure too, and OMR's 1-2, season is now really over for us. :cautious:

OMR always get so lucky :mad: yeah yeah you'll be sososososo far back.. you'll never win a title again.. my ace
you gave them that sponsor option

race up

Where the hell is a 1-2?

Why cars pitted in the last lap?

you gave them that sponsor option
*you gave everyone that sponsor option"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 27 19.7%