Grand Prix 4 Touring Car Championship - Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
perhaps the fight could've been closer if Harvey and me took those podiums we deserved to in Austria. But like this there wasn't any chance really.

Suprised by how slow I was :confused:

anyway expect a season review soon.

This.

Surprised about the lack of speed & overtaking considering our BHP.
new Spa suprisingly brings a lot less overtakes than old Spa. I am thinking of getting my own influence on the calendar and banning new Spa.

anyway, race 3:
bandicam 2015-03-22 15-44-44-533.jpg

(wow I should maybe remove that number cuz I always seem to forget to change it..)
bandicam 2015-03-22 15-46-49-658.jpg

bandicam 2015-03-22 15-46-56-415.jpg

bandicam 2015-03-22 15-47-06-822.jpg

cash:
bandicam 2015-03-22 15-47-21-374.jpg

Now don't lock this yet I'll have a long season review posted soon! :)

Some graphs to round it off:
bandicam 2015-03-22 15-54-05-323.jpg

A bit bunched up because paste as picture didn't work.. but it's perfectly visible when Utzer decided to take off.
bandicam 2015-03-22 15-54-22-232.jpg

Less crungy, not race-by-race instead it is based on race weekends. But again, when Utzer took off, OMR followed. Huge gap in the end.

About the manufacters, I don't have a graph!

Now, for some little bits about each constructor:

OMR-Opel (last season 1st, this season 1st)
Wow this team has such a successful history in this series! 3 constructors, and 3 drivers titles, leaving not a single one to any of their rivals so far. This season we could arguably say they got a bit lucky, just like on the previous two attempts: Once again they had a solid competition that slightly dropped off and started to get poor results as the seasson progressed. OMR would not slip up for a single moment, at least on Utzer's side of the garage, while Rautavaara had a few struggles, but eventually made the 1-2.

Speedy-Audi (last season 6th, this season 2nd)
Speedy, after a reliable season 1 and an unreliable season 2, saw yet another year of poor reliability to their car, but their performance improved greatly after signing Tobi Kederer. The German had a pretty up and down season, while his teammate was generally taking home steady drives, but had a few downs himself too. Overall, the team has gotten pretty close to OMR, but just like the others got stricked by poor luck and couldn't finish it.

Elite Two-Audi (last season 4th, this season 3rd)
The retiring team of Elite Two had a good last season (so far, they're planning a return in November), they had a really good start, but after Noack's retirement everyone thought they would start to drop off. However, rookie Vimal Ana impressed a lot - I really mean it, a LOT, despite missing the first round at Suzuka. The team had a fairly comfortable 3rd place in the end with some, I'd say lucky races.

2KF1-Holden (last season 5th, this season 4th)
The sole Holden team, that's turned its development paths completely - from a qualifying team to a race team. This saw a bit less bad luck happen to them, but still the results didn't improve that much, the team went just one up after capitalising on Apex's poor year. Keranen once again didn't make it to the top of the podium during the season, but McNamara did

Apex Racing-Opel (last season 3rd, this season 5th)
A team that was known to bad luck issues in the past, the curse strikes yet again as the team never won a single race this season. After a promising start with a front row at Suzuka, a few wet qualifying sessions ruined their chances of a title. The car was proven, unlike their last season's car, very reliable, and a massive improvement, but the luck wasn't on their side. The team had to be satisfied with 5th place, as 2KF1 were too powerful in the end. Ancevski didn't have a chance to drink the podium champagne this season.

Falcon-Audi (last season 10th - missed a lot of races, this season 6th)
I don't know where to even start.. this team had a very good start to the year aswell, but eventually got as much luck as I'd have in nightmares - constantly retiring which saw them low in the constructors, similar to Apex but a bit worse perhaps. But it's how it had to be, they'll be looking to improve their reliability next year. The team, just like Apex, haven't won a race this season.

Forza-Merc (last season 2nd, this season 7th)
Highest placed Merc car! This team was pretty popular back in season 1, but since Ancevski left, the team has been on a steep down. The signing of Rui Martins wasdefinetly not a bad move - the Portugese put up nice battles with the OMR cars in S2 in the underpowered Cedars. Season 3 was even more of a disaster, the team struggled for pace a lot. Saidy managed to just get this team out of the ones that haven't won a race this season, in the final race at Spa. Otherwise, a season to forget for Cedars and they'll be looking at getting back to the top as quickly as possible.

DTK-Grip-Merc (last season 7th, this season 8th)
Laad was really good in the first bits of the season, but he too dropped off as the season progressed. Sigoulakis hasn't been up to pace either. Not much different from last year, except it was a different driver at the top this time. The team are still aiming for higher - maybe next year they'll be able to break their ducks?

Diablo-Merc (last season N/A, this season 9th)
Two late signings didn't bring up any high hopes for this team, and what killed them eventually is reliability and poor luck. Hunsley was struggling for most of the season, while Dovizioso got really racy near the end of the season. Their best team result came in the final race with a double podium finish. With that last blast in season 3, what can we expect from Diablo in season 4?

Haiburiddo-Audi (last season 8th, this season 10th)
One team that hasn't improved at all, even though Black had a promising start to the season, eventually the pace just dropped off. Diehl had one little blast in the middle, but for most of the year he was getting stricked by reliability issues, and bad luck - just like S2. Will the team finally turn around their fortunes next season? Near the back once again, yet with that they still took a victory, something higher placed teams like Apex or Falcon couldn't achieve. The question is: Can this team break their bad luck and get to that well-awaited midfield?

And lastly, the perfs for the last race of the season:
bandicam 2015-03-22 16-09-56-863.jpg

Birng on season 4! (that means this can get locked now)

Last edited:
Hey, Martins wasn't a bad move :D

And we actually did well in S2, some inaccurate info there :p
I meant to say he wasn't a bad move (as you can see in the end of that sentence, battling OMR's in the underpowered Cedars). stupid bad english :cautious:

about S2, well I'd say it was a decent comeback after what I'd consider a poor start

all wiki standings, driver results (on their pages), and team results (on their pages) on the wiki should be completed and up to date (tell me if I missed yours!). (for those that already had a template updated up to season 3, or began their career in season 3), except for the one on Tobi's driver page, but I talked to him about it and I'll update it soon.

If you want me to update your driver/team page every season with new results, just create the first two seasons yourself (perferably with the exact same template that is on my driver/Apex's team page), then I'll do season 3 onwards. Excel does it all anyway so for me it's no problem at all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes