Grand Prix 4 Simulated Career Season 1996

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benetton.png

Benetton have signed former champion Ben Herbert for 1997, they're convinced that he's the right driver to bring the team back to former success.​

Pah, silly race, silly mistakes that cost us, stemming from Saturday quali. Another fantastic season though, big congrats to @kedy89 for a good fight all season, so long as I had you a tad bit worried at some point I can take that :D
Will also be good to spend a second season in a row at Tyrrell, car is performing well, and with Pablo we have a very interesting squad. Big thanks to @Ben Herbert for the seasons we've been together, we could never taste constructors success, but two second places is a great achievement. Perhaps another time mate.

@Twigster151: Taking the win today, and finishing the season on a high. What do you think would have been possible without the loss of form midseason?

Yes I suppose it's nice to take another victory and it's a nice way to go into '97. But it's difficult to forget that if I'd won just three more races I would've arguably won the title and chuck a podium or two in there as well I'd have won it at a canter.

But I suppose that's the way the it goes sometimes in motorsport so congrats on another title Tobi and good luck at Ferrari. Hopefully myself and @Jimlaad43 can fight for the title again next year :thumbsup:

• Deleted member 161052

Yes I suppose it's nice to take another victory and it's a nice way to go into '97. But it's difficult to forget that if I'd won just three more races I would've arguably won the title and chuck a podium or two in there as well I'd have won it at a canter.

But I suppose that's the way the it goes sometimes in motorsport so congrats on another title Tobi and good luck at Ferrari. Hopefully myself and @Jimlaad43 can fight for the title again next year :thumbsup:
Good luck driving that gorgeous car :p

right when I looked at this avatar I realised Arrows has numbers 1-2.. lol

but looking forward to the next season where only a title would leave me in here after I lost my only rival.

anyway the engines values will be unveiled next weekend?

right when I looked at this avatar I realised Arrows has numbers 1-2.. lol

but looking forward to the next season where only a title would leave me in here after I lost my only rival.

anyway the engines values will be unveiled next weekend?
Of course they're 1 and 2, Damon Hill moved there after winning the title ;)

why is the mid value so low? it used to be 6 (and in real life there were less DNF's as the years progressed so the paths we were taking were realistic)

Before, Ferrari, Williams, Tyrrell.. they all had low COF advantage. One year where Arrows should have dominated that and it's ruined :cautious:

Oh, it's 2 point 18. I keep forgetting that commas are used instead of full stops as the decimal point in Europe :roflmao:

I was going "What the hell do 2 and 18 have to do with the midpoint?"

why is the mid value so low? it used to be 6 (and in real life there were less DNF's as the years progressed so the paths we were taking were realistic)

Before, Ferrari, Williams, Tyrrell.. they all had low COF advantage. One year where Arrows should have dominated that and it's ruined :cautious:
Because there were less technical failures as in the previous seasons. Many retirements were due to crashes.

• Deleted member 161052

Same values on Mugen-Honda like on Renault? Well I think it equals as less chance of retirement...

Any other suggestions for new sponsors (or other things)? "Within 1s of pole" either won't be done or will have only 50$ income, as pretty much everyone was within 1s of pole in all qualis last season. "Finish in the lead lap" would give 200$, while "Finish" would be reduced to 150$. @Jimlaad43 "Lead a lap" could be done using the lap chart, earnings about 200$-250$.

Like if you want the new sponsors, optimistic if you want to stick with the current ones. 11 votes minimum, to have a halfway representative result.

Well eading a lap doesn't require 100% skill, it can sometimes be on strategy (which we can't control), or retirements (which we, in theory can control. in theory because of my FFG results..).

I'd rather not have it.
--
about the "quali within 1s of pole, rain can affect it massively, and it will vary between different tracks (longer and shorter etc). How about shrink it to "be within 3 tenths of pole", or so.

• Deleted member 161052

I think your teammate will have better impression, so I chose him as my rival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes