Grand Prix 4 Formula One Career Season 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
2004 Hungarian GP
rMT6mbQ.png

Engberink ends Utzer's pole run
The Jordan driver set the fastest lap of the quali session, beating the Renault to 2nd. However not the one of Utzer, but Martins. Utzer is in 4th only, also beaten by Milos Ancevski. Andy Black with a stellar lap to secure 5th. Alongside him Andy Graham. Harvey sits in 8th, between the Minardis of Goddard and Rinneaho. Sigoulakis completes the top 10.

2004 Hungarian GP
rGEpuXP.png

9qx4lsg.png

Utzer marches further away
Securing his 5th win this year, the German has taken another step towards title #2, now leading by 25 points. He had dropped to 5th at the start, but remained in the top group. During the 2nd stops he took the lead, which except for a few laps during the final stops he kept until the end. Goddard took 2nd, crossing the line over 10s behind Utzer. He had led the race for a good part of the first half, but couldn't go the speed of the Renault after the 2nd stops. Rinneaho had to settle for 3rd, he couldn't quite go the same pace as the two guys ahead of him.
Ancevski continues his points run with 4th place. A good start brought him up to 2nd, after Engberink's mistake he had the lead for 2 laps before being passed by Goddard. Graham took 5th, after a rather poor start he had dropped out of the points, and had to fight his way back. Harvey finished in 6th. After a rather poor quali Laad found his way from 13th up to 7th. As last race Sigoulakis finished in 8th. Could've been better though, as he was in 5th for a long time. In his 3rd stint however he struggled a lot, and lost a couple of places.
Pole setter Engberink finished in 12th. He pulled away in the opening laps, but overdid it and spun in turn 2, lap 6. Stranded in the middle of the track he got collected by Laskey. The Toyota had to retire, while Engberink had to pit for repairs. Martins as well didn't get anything from 2nd. Dropping behind Ancevski at the start, he then pushed hard to get back his position, but spun in turn 4, dropping to last. He later had to retire when his suspension broke. Black couldn't hold on to 5th either, a bad start dropped him to 8th, the following laps he lost out more, being in 12th before the first stops even.
3 more retirements besides the already mentioned of Martins and Laskey. Noack's race ended after 2 turns after a collision with Buurlage. The Dutchman could continue for a few more laps, before his suspension broke as a result of the crash. Pablo Diehl had his 3rd consecutive DNF, crashing out a few laps after the first stops.

FIA Press Conference
@Benutzername: Yet another win, however it must be a bit worrisome seeing that your teammate once again had reliability issues?
@Mane Goddard: You seem to need a small miracle now to defend your title, do you still think it's possible?
@Manolis Sigoulakis: What was going wrong in your 3rd stint that you lost so much time?

Market is open!

2004 Hungarian GP

FIA Press Conference
@Benutzername: Yet another win, however it must be a bit worrisome seeing that your teammate once again had reliability issues?​
Yes it is worrisome. But i am more scared of the pace from the Minardis. If they'd struggle to get podiums i could easily get some DNFs without much cost. On the other hand i am still confident to get this done because everytime i finished, the results were great. The further the season went, the better were my results when finishing a race. I assume that i will be able to do that in the reamining 5 races at least 2 times. That'd mean roughly 100 points. For the Minardis to get that they'd need to finish 1 or 2 in every remaining race which seems to be quite a task. This win was very important.

Shame for Rui again. He had a nice qualifying and was motivated to get it home today.

+4 Race BHP
+1 Quali BHP
+5 Quali Skill

2004 Hungarian GP

FIA Press Conference
@Mane Goddard: You seem to need a small miracle now to defend your title, do you still think it's possible?

Well, some time ago I said that we're trying to get Tapio on the top :D
As we're both very close, this is still our main strategy more than ever. In the remote case that Tapio can't do it, definitely yes, would be very difficult to defend the title.

Buys:
+10 Quali Skill
+10 Race Skill
+2 QBHP
+3 RBHP

It's crazy how uncle Flavio is favouring so much. Poor, poor Rui has no chance to figh for top positions and is retiring every other race :(

+2 RBHP
+15 Quali skill
+30 Race skill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 27 15.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 63 35.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 100 55.9%