Grand Prix 4 Formula One Career Season 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
FIA Press Conference
@Rui F. Martins: You must be quite relieved that you finally had a race without any problems?​

It was a big relief to be able to achieve a good result, particullarly after the difficult season i've been having, however it could have been a better result if my teammate had finished the race in the position he was when he had the problems.

my buys:
+1 qualy BHP: 150$
+1 race BHP: 150$
saving the rest

2004 Italian GP
1kvvwNu.png

Wet quali shakes up order
Rain falling down over the Autodromo Nazionale Monza meant that luck with the timing was crucial. Rui Martins got away best and could take pole position, half a second ahead of Andy Graham. Nathan Cornes put his Arrows in 3rd, certainly an unexpected result for the Australian. Ferrari could take 4th and 5th on the grid for their home race. Harvey took 6th, behind him the first of the title contenders with Mane Goddard. Mishra will start from 8th, Laad and Black complete the top 10. Championship leader with his worst quali this year, he'll only start from 12th. Rinneaho too will have a long race ahead of him, starting from 15th.

2004 Italian GP
7azhmiN.png

0Kz5rGd.png

Graham wins in tricky conditions
The Jordan driver took his 2nd career win in a race that saw many drivers struggling. Taking the lead from Martins at the start, he only lost it once during his first stop, and went on to take a safe win. Mane Goddard finished 2nd, gaining some ground on Utzer in the standings. The German finished 3rd. He had worked up through the field in the early stages of the race, and found himself in the battle for 2nd after the first stop. Passing both Goddard and Harvey he took it, but he risked too much trying to catch Graham, resulting in a spin. He continued in 4th, catching and passing Harvey with 3 laps to go.
Harvey took 4th, lacking the pace to properly challenge Utzer and Goddard for the podium. Pole setter Martins finished 5th, a sluggish 1st stop robbed him of all chances. Black finished 6th, taking his first points since the French GP. Kederer and Engberink took the last points for 7th and 8th, both having started from the second last row only.
Nathan Cornes couldn't make use of the 3rd spot on the grid, a slow started and mistakes early in the race dropped him to the back end of the grid, ultimately finishing in 11th. The Ferrari drivers were unlucky, Sigoulakis retired around the halfway point with a loose wheel, while driving in 5th. Buurlage was set for a points finish, driving in 7th, but with 5 laps to go his gearbox failed.
10 drivers didn't make it to the end, 7 of them retired in the first 7 laps already. Heymans, Laskey, Keranen and Noack all crashed out, Ancevski suffered a brake failure, both BAR drivers had engine failures. Mishra retired from 6th after the first stops when his suspension broke.

FIA Press Conference
@Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham: Faultless drive to your 2nd career vitcory, how difficult was it out there on the track?
@Mane Goddard: Did you ease off a bit after Utzer's spin, knowing you just have to stay ahead of him now?
@Benutzername: What exactly caused your spin, mistake or aquaplaning?

Market is open!

that actually reminds me of the race we did yesterday. Abused the tyre glitch by starting so low, was round on the first lap, had car damage (not terminal but..), and Andy takes a very lucky race win. And I set fastest lap.
It even had rain!

Anyway, hey ho I'll be saving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 211 87.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 40 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 32 13.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 34 14.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 65 27.1%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 80 33.3%