Grand Prix 4 Formula One Career Season 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
2004 British GP

FIA Press Conference
@Benutzername: Looking to seal the pole record at the next round?

Would be nice for sure but my main target right now is to win the championship. And i dont get points for a pole. I have to say that i am quite surprised how big the gaps were in the last sessions when i finished the session. Big quali gaps, race laps and ive got fastest laps.
it seems that i have the best pace atm and just have to hope that i dont get any failures

race bhp +4
race skill + 45​

2004 British GP

FIA Press Conference
@Mane Goddard: The Renaults seem to have the superior pace at the moment, still do you think you have a chance defending your title?​

Well, as I said at the end of the previous season, our idea is that now it's Tapio's turn. The results clearly aren't going out as we wanted, but we'll try to do everything we can to accomplish that. Anyway, we can say that we have a very serious opponent for these moments and it's true that our performance decreased, but we'll do everything possible to change it.

Buys:
+10 Quali Skill
+10 Race Skill
+2 QBHP
+2 RBHP

2004 German GP
LDknsnt.png

Record pole for Utzer
Taking his 30th career pole at his home GP, Ben Utzer now shares the record for most poles with Jack Hunsley. Close call though, as Rinneaho was within a tenth of Utzer's time. Good day once again for McLaren, with Ancevski in 3rd and Laad in 5th. Between them Mane Goddard in 4th place. Jack Laskey put his Toyota in 6th. Diehl and Martins start from row 4, Engberink and Black complete the top 10.

2004 German GP
a3h6oww.png

dRmqfaT.png

Crucial win for Rinneaho
The Finn beat Ben Utzer for the win at the German GP, which was important to keep his title hopes alive. Albeit still 23 points behind the German, there's still enough races left to make up the gap. Ben Utzer had to settle for 2nd at his home GP, despite having lead the race for most parts. During the final stops however the Minardi crew was a tad quicker, allowing Rinneaho to pass him. Engberink finished 3rd, having started 9th only. A great opening lap got him up to 5th, which was 4th one lap later. He could go the pace of the leaders, however never got in a position for an overtake.
Ancevski finished 4th, a position held by Graham until lap 65, when the Brit made a mistake, allowing Ancevski to pass him. Harvey took 6th, having started 16th he too had a stellar opening lap, moving up to 10th. First points of the season for Aaron Reed, profiting a bit from the late retirements of Laskey and Diehl. Sigoulakis dragged his Ferrari from 21st on the grid to 8th, to take the final point.
Further places went to Kederer, Lintner, Heymans, Cornes, Black, Keranen, Noack and Mishra, the latter two being one lap down.
The race saw 6 retirements. Buurlage suffered a gearbox failure early on. Goddard's engine blew up in lap 12 while driving in 2nd right behind Utzer. Laad too had an engine failure around the halfway point, while driving in 4th place. Martins retired from 10th with an oil leak in lap 42. In lap 58 both Diehl and Laskey retired, driving in 7th and 8th respectively.

FIA Press Conference
@TTupsi: You could easily pull away from Utzer after passing him in the pits, however you didn't seem to be able to attack him on track before. Why was that?
@Timmieturner12: Is the main focus on the constructors' title, now that the drivers' most likely out of reach?
@Azabadaza: Didn't look like you'd get anywhere near points after quali, all the more happy that it finally worked out?

Market is open!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies