Grand Prix 4 Formula One Career Season 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
2002 Brazilian GP
VWsg43L.png

S57iuId.png

Last laps drama results in Jaguar 1-2
Big surprise on the podium today, Daniel Harvey secured his first career win ahead of teammate Aaron Reed. Thrid went to Mane Goddard, who's now lone leader in the championship. All of them were profiting from the top 4 struggling with reliability issues in the closing laps of the race.
The top 6 only changed slightly at the start, Laad got past Martins in 3rd, Foro lost one place to Lintner, however he took it back the following lap. Ancevski had some poor first laps, dropping him from 10th to 15th. Foro went on to pass Martins, and soon after was in 3rd when Laad retired with an engine failure. The Brit is yet to finish a race this season. Hunsley worked up to 4th in the meantime. Reed was on a similar strong pace, already running in 7th. Engberink started to struggle with tyre wear, which saw him dropping from 2nd to 8th until the stops started.
Being on a one stopper he got in the lead after the stops, ahead of Mishra and Utzer. Hunsley, Martins and Foro completed the top 6. When the one stoppers came in around the halfway point Hunsley took the lead, having passed Utzer a few laps earlier. The German was running in 2nd ahead of fellow countryman Foro. Martins, Lintner, Reed, Harvey and Goddard followed, with the gap from Goddard to Hunsley only being 12 seconds. Foro's race then came to an end, he had to stop with electrical problems. Only other change until the final stops was Reed passing Lintner for 4th.
When the stops were done Hunsley was still leading ahead of Utzer, Engberink was back up to 3rd. Martins was running in 4th ahead of Reed and Harvey. The Brit soon went on to pass his teammate. In lap 59 it started with Hunsley having to make an unscheduled stop due to problems with the car, dropping him down to 12th. Utzer got the lead, behind him Martins and Engberink swapped places a few times in the battle for 2nd. In the meantime Lintner had retired from 6th with a water leak. His teammate followed a few laps later with a blown engine. Running order at that point was Utzer, Martins, Harvey, Reed, Goddard, Sigoulakis, with Hunsley in 9th not far away from the points. With 6 laps to go Martins lost his second place when his gearbox failed. Utzer seemed to have the win in the bag, enjoying a 10 second lead over new second Harvey. But only one lap later he suffered the same fate as his teammate earlier on, his engine blew up. Harvey was the new leader, ahead of teammate Reed. Goddard, Sigoulakis, Buurlage, Brugman and Hunsley followed. Brugman couldn't hold on to the final point, Hunsley passed him with 2 laps to go.

FIA Press Conference
@Millsy24 @Azabadaza: You probably would've been happy with 5th and 6th, what were your thoughts in those final laps when everyone ahead ran into troubles?
@Mane Goddard: Championship leader after 3 races, spending any thoughts on a possible title win?
@Benutzername @Jack Hunsley @Rui F. Martins @Timmieturner12: Just how gutted are you guys, being so close to a top result?

Market is open!

meant that for the shock. Hasn't shocked me at all that I got no points that race :laugh:

though at least I outraced Andy which was alright I guess

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
FIA Press Conference
@Millsy24 @Azabadaza: You probably would've been happy with 5th and 6th, what were your thoughts in those final laps when everyone ahead ran into troubles?​
we would have been very happy with 5th and 6th, considering my recent form and Aaron missing the deadline this race, but a 1-2 was never on the cards
g1380729488540213602.jpg

as for the question, when everyone ahead ran into troubles, i was worried that perhaps the position was cursed ( :roflmao: ) it wasn't until after I crossed the line i could relax and enjoy my first win :cool:

+2 RBHP
+55 Race Skill

• Deleted member 161052

Jeez, what did youtube do to that video? Looks like it has a fog filter/overlay...
It can happen on anyone's YouTube videos too. I've encountered that 2-3 years ago.

Could've had like 10 points extra weren't it for my unlucky run now -_-
At least now I know how some other guys felt in the past couple of seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering