Grand Prix 4 Formula One Career Season 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsors C/C
Buys
+5 race HP
+25 race skill

confirm that I will spend $100 to purchase the extra QHP from team buys.

I think my maths is correct?

Okay so I changed my mind with my helmet and made one suitable for Ferrari based on my hero! (#GetwellsoonMichael)
Donald Achter.PNG
Donald Voor.PNG

Donald Zij.PNG

@kedy89 I believe Tim already sent you my helmet;)

2002 Australian GP
JjjrvOG.png

Laad takes pole on Williams comeback
Perfect way to return for Jimmy Laad, taking the pole position for the season opener by just one thousandth over Tim Engberink. Utzer completed the top effort for the Williams team with 3rd, ahead of Brugman. Sauber drivers Ancevski and Diehl will start from row 3. Minardi drivers Goddard and Rinneaho sit in 7th and 9th, with Kederer between them. Local hero Reed secured a strong 10th in his first F1 quali session. The other two Aussies didn't do that good, Noack only managed 18th, while Keranen is down in 20th.

2002 Australian GP
oiG0re9.png

mpeDKRx.png

Utzer wins season opener
After a rather difficult season last year, Ben Utzer returned to the top step of the podium for the first time since the 2000 San Marino GP. Tobi Kederer joined him on the podium in second, matching his best result in the first race of the season from '96. Ancevski secured third, seemingly wanting to continue where he left last season.
Laad kept the lead when the red lights went off, Utzer moved up to second. Kederer moved up to 4th, then passing Ancevski for third in the second corner with a hard move. The Sauber driver went slightly off, and lost another place to Engberink. The opening laps didn't see any retirements, which was rather surprising given the high amount of incidents. Brugman pushed Rinneaho off in turn 1 at the start of the second lap, which dropped them to the end of the field. They didn't remain there for long though, same lap in turn 9 first Goddard pushed off Reed, then Mishra did the same to Harvey. In turn 13 (still lap 2) Diehl ran in the back of Lintner, sending the Renault driver off track. Foro ran in the back of Black, causing both of them to run wide. The result of all of this was that some of the guys who started further back were now running close to the points. Keranen was one of them being in 7th, but he threw that chance away running in the back of Diehl in lap 6, sending the Sauber off track and himself in a spin. Sigoulakis did similar when he ran into Martins while running in 10th a bit later. After that things calmed down a bit.
Ishikawa was the first one to pit, problems with the car forced him to come in a few laps earlier thaan planned. The rest of the two stoppers followed soon, which promoted one stopper Ancevski to the lead. Buurlage was the first one to retire, an oil leak ended his race. He was running in 9th at that point. Laad was in 2nd 10 seconds behind Ancevski, teammate Utzer followed in 3rd. Kederer, Engberink and Rinneaho completed the top 6. Laad got back in the lead when Ancevski pitted, but he couldn't enjoy it for long as his engine blew up the very same lap. Teammate Utzer profited, now leading 5s ahead of Kederer. Rinneaho had dropped out of the points having made his one and only stop as well. Noack was now in 4th, Hunsley in 5th, Ancevski in 6th.
Two more retirements just before the final round of stops, Hunsley stopped his car with a puncture, and Harvey crashed out of the race. The top 2 remained unchanged after the stops, but Ancevski was back up in 3rd. Engberink, Noack and Rinneaho completed the top 6. It didn't remain like that though, Noack attempted to pass Engberink, but ended up sending him off track. Noack dropped to 6th, while Engberink was out of the points in 10th. Rinneaho moved up to 4th, Brugman to 5th.

FIA Press Conference
@Benutzername: Perfect start to the season, hoping to be back in the title challenge this year?
@Milos: First time since '97 that you took points in the opening round, did you expect that?
@TTupsi: 4th place despite running in last at some point in lap 2, please describe your race.

Market is open!

@Milos: First time since '97 that you took points in the opening round, did you expect that?
you never know what will happen at season start, but it's certainly what I hoped for, and what I achieved :thumbsup:
A good start is what we lacked last season, so this could mean bigger things for me, which is good. Might be only 3rd but I'm pretty pumped anyways, looking at the stats, only the 2nd time I score points at all in the season opener (and last time it was a podium too, a win in fact :D)

but we do need to keep in mind this is a team effort and we would prefer if Pablo was in the points too. Shame he got involved in too much incidents at the start

not used to having a good result in the first round, but I'll take it :laugh:. Shame about Jack's dnf though.

First few laps are worth watching, was quite a mess.

you might want to read the summary, or look at the lap chart ;)
I see I spun or whatever. Sad to see, 4th wouldn't have been too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back